• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Trade Talk 2021

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Averages 17.6 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 7.4 apg and shoots 39% from 3.

Why the hell would anyone want that? lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly

What are they trading for him

No idea. I basically asked the same question in post #220. They could put together a decent package (especially if they're willing to part with THT), but I don't think they could put anything together that someone else couldn't beat.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea. I basically asked the same question in post #220. They could put together a decent package (especially if they're willing to part with THT), but I don't think they could put anything together that someone else couldn't beat.

I honestly think we may wind up not seeing any deals of any significance. A lot of the top teams are hard capped and/or don't have a lot of draft assets. And the teams that aren't hard capped or have draft assets will need to give up too many pieces to make it work.

If I had to guess, the Mavs and the Heat would be the most likely to pull the trigger.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think we may wind up not seeing any deals of any significance. A lot of the top teams are hard capped and/or don't have a lot of draft assets. And the teams that aren't hard capped or have draft assets will need to give up too many pieces to make it work.

If I had to guess, the Mavs and the Heat would be the most likely to pull the trigger.

yeah the hard cap is a major issue for quite a few teams

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly

What are they trading for him

I still don't think it'll happen.

But this article indicates that the Raptors are willing to work with Lowry on where he goes. That would tend to mean they may take a lesser offer to send him where he wants to go. The article doesn't say if he wants to go to the Lakers or not.

The article proposes a few possibilities with the biggest deal being Schroder, Harrell, THT and KCP for Lowry, Norman Powell and a 2nd round pick. Apparently, the Raptors are also looking to move Powell, so they "kill 2 birds with one stone" doing that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think it'll happen.

But this article indicates that the Raptors are willing to work with Lowry on where he goes. That would tend to mean they may take a lesser offer to send him where he wants to go. The article doesn't say if he wants to go to the Lakers or not.

The article proposes a few possibilities with the biggest deal being Schroder, Harrell, THT and KCP for Lowry, Norman Powell and a 2nd round pick. Apparently, the Raptors are also looking to move Powell, so they "kill 2 birds with one stone" doing that.

So the Raptors would trade both of their trade chips and 2nd rounder to get back one young fairly promising player?

The fan blogs are always funny.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Raptors would trade both of their trade chips and 2nd rounder to get back one young fairly promising player?

Uh, what?

One fairly promising young player and the 2 most recent 6th man of the year winners who are both only 27 for a 34 year old SG seems like a decent haul.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh, what?

One fairly promising young player and the 2 most recent 6th man of the year winners who are both only 27 for a 34 year old SG seems like a decent haul.

Shroeder is a decent enough player but there is a reason why he was available on the open market. Good player to have certainly but I'm not sure that the Raptors would think he is a big haul. Harrell is a good 6th man(not sure who the 2nd 6th man you are referring to though) but ultimately the question is what are the Raptors looking to get from trading either Lowry or Powell.

Generally teams are looking for good young price controlled talent or draft picks in these situations.

Now I don't know what the Raptors are actually looking for but I've heard reports that they wanted 2 1st plus Thybulle and/or Maxey from the Sixers. Just for Lowry.

Now that is probably a little bit of disinformation but if that is anywhere near what they are looking for, then I don't think the Lakers deal would be terribly compelling unless the Heat and Sixers are not really as interested as reports indicate.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WE GOT TRADES! Ok, not BOMBS, but its something. Maybe a firecracker or a snap pop

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shroeder is a decent enough player but there is a reason why he was available on the open market.

The Thunder rebuilding and not wanting to pay him perhaps? He's up for a new deal and while he is a really good player, he's someone you add to a guy you're building around, not a guy you pay big money to build around. His being an expiring deal likely helps as well since the Raptors don't have to keep him if they don't want to.

Now that is probably a little bit of disinformation but if that is anywhere near what they are looking for, then I don't think the Lakers deal would be terribly compelling unless the Heat and Sixers are not really as interested as reports indicate.

As I've said, I don't think the Lakers can put together a package that another team couldn't top. Part of the articles point is based on the fact that according to Woj, the Raptors are willing to work with Lowry to try to get him to a preferred team. It does not mention the Lakers or anyone else as a preferred team. It just says that at 34, he may want to spend his last few years chasing rings with Lebron.

So while Lowry to the Lakers is a real possibility, it would first require Lowry to tell them he wants to go to the Lakers and then the Raptors being willing to take less to get him there. They seem willing to do that, but the question is, how much less are they willing to take? They're not going to pass up a significantly better deal, just to send him to a preferred team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Thunder rebuilding and not wanting to pay him perhaps? He's up for a new deal and while he is a really good player, he's someone you add to a guy you're building around, not a guy you pay big money to build around. His being an expiring deal likely helps as well since the Raptors don't have to keep him if they don't want to.

Sure. And why did he leave Atlanta? Like I said, he's a good player. But he isn't really a player that would center a trade package. He's a known value and he isn't likely to get better.

As I've said, I don't think the Lakers can put together a package that another team couldn't top. Part of the articles point is based on the fact that according to Woj, the Raptors are willing to work with Lowry to try to get him to a preferred team. It does not mention the Lakers or anyone else as a preferred team. It just says that at 34, he may want to spend his last few years chasing rings with Lebron.

So while Lowry to the Lakers is a real possibility, it would first require Lowry to tell them he wants to go to the Lakers and then the Raptors being willing to take less to get him there. They seem willing to do that, but the question is, how much less are they willing to take? They're not going to pass up a significantly better deal, just to send him to a preferred team.

Like I said, fan blogs are funny. The entire premise of the article is based on a theory that Lowry wants to go to the Lakers and that the Raptors will take a lesser deal to make that happen. This pretty much is the default position of Lakers fans on all players. Sometimes it is true so I get the reasoning. But I haven't heard anything to suggest that it is true with Lowry.

Ultimately, I don't see why the Lakers would make that deal anyway. They won a title last year. So why overturn the apple cart now with fewer than 30 games left in the season and your 2 star players out?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I haven't heard anything to suggest that it is true with Lowry.

According to Woj, the Raptors are willing to work with him to get him where he wants to go. So that would be what makes it true. What we don't know is if Lowry even wants to go to the Lakers. If he doesn't, it's a moot point.

Ultimately, I don't see why the Lakers would make that deal anyway. They won a title last year. So why overturn the apple cart now with fewer than 30 games left in the season and your 2 star players out?

Always looking for ways to improve the team. They essentially redid the roster after winning the title instead of just running it back.

Imo, they'd do it in an attempt to keep from falling too far in the West playoff seeding while Lebron and AD are out. Plus, it's another really good player so they'd be looking to make winning another title or 2 a little easier.

Also, as the article points out, a 2 year deal for Lowry would have his contract end at the same time Lebron's does. Assuming both retired or moved on, that's a lot of cap space that would open up to rebuild around AD.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Woj, the Raptors are willing to work with him to get him where he wants to go. So that would be what makes it true. What we don't know is if Lowry even wants to go to the Lakers. If he doesn't, it's a moot point.

Which is really my point. Maybe Lowry really does want to go to the Lakers but there is no real information to support that out in public.

Always looking for ways to improve the team. They essentially redid the roster after winning the title instead of just running it back.

Imo, they'd do it in an attempt to keep from falling too far in the West playoff seeding while Lebron and AD are out. Plus, it's another really good player so they'd be looking to make winning another title or 2 a little easier.

Also, as the article points out, a 2 year deal for Lowry would have his contract end at the same time Lebron's does. Assuming both retired or moved on, that's a lot of cap space that would open up to rebuild around AD.

But you would be giving up 4 players that are putting in significant minutes right now to bring back one while you are also missing AD and Lebron.
Lowry is a great to piece to have but he isn't at a point in his career where he can carry a team to wins with a depleted roster. Do you really think that Lakers would be better without KCP, Shroeder, Harrell and THT but with Lowry?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland trades McGee to Denver for 2 2nd rounders. Solid upgrade at backup C.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shroeder is a decent enough player but there is a reason why he was available on the open market. Good player to have certainly but I'm not sure that the Raptors would think he is a big haul. Harrell is a good 6th man(not sure who the 2nd 6th man you are referring to though) but ultimately the question is what are the Raptors looking to get from trading either Lowry or Powell.

Generally teams are looking for good young price controlled talent or draft picks in these situations.

Now I don't know what the Raptors are actually looking for but I've heard reports that they wanted 2 1st plus Thybulle and/or Maxey from the Sixers. Just for Lowry.

Trade him to the WC.

Harrell and Schroder would work. Schroder's deal is expiring and they get Harrell who is only under a 2 year deal.

Lowry will be 35 very soon.....closer to the end of his career than the start.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 players for Lowry? What?

They talk was Harrell, KCP, Shroeder, and THT for Lowry and Powell. The hypothetical trade would also have the Raptors giving up a 2nd rounder and the Lakers trading away a 2027 1st.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They talk was Harrell, KCP, Shroeder, and THT for Lowry and Powell. The hypothetical trade would also have the Raptors giving up a 2nd rounder and the Lakers trading away a 2027 1st.
From where is this being reported?