• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,440.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football starts in a few fucking hours,.....totally forgot about the Vikings game today at 9:30am.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point being you can’t translate all rules from mma to the nfl for a litany of reasons

Of course not.

However, MMA correctly errs on the side of caution. And in their case, the fight is over if the fighter can’t continue. An NFL game keeps going.

The NFL does need to implement stricter rules to protect its players.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 1 concussion increases the chances of getting another.....especially when you play another game just 5 days later.....
Cool but having no concussions and he is likely getting concussed on that play. Vicious hit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course nobody here knows.

But all anyone is saying is that is definitely LOOKED like a concussion.

It has now been established that the doc made a few mistakes with the protocol, so it is quite possible that he doesn’t know either.

And I might even say likely that the doctor got it wrong.
and I'd say likely you don't know (nor does any fan) but, sure, you can guess and could be right. Reality is no one knows if they did not examine him. Hell, just as likely Tua lied to get himself back on the field. Now some will say the docs should know better but there are things that happen where they do not know anything other than what the athlete tells them.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shouldn't have been playing Thursday......that's why the NFLPA dismissed a neurologist.
Or they bowed to public pressure? Curious, who are you blaming for his playing? Only the doc? Not Tua nor the Phins at all?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a tough game vs a Falcons team that has played close games. Browns down 3 of their 4 DL, Clowney, Garrett and Bryan. Yikes. Gotta control the clock with the running game and hope guys step up. Should be a fun atmosphere but I wish Garrett and Clowney were playing. The one time I get a chance to see the Browns, my luck.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be a tough game vs a Falcons team that has played close games. Browns down 3 of their 4 DL, Clowney, Garrett and Bryan. Yikes. Gotta control the clock with the running game and hope guys step up. Should be a fun atmosphere but I wish Garrett and Clowney were playing. The one time I get a chance to see the Browns, my luck.
Clowney out for sure? Ouch...gonna be rough with him let alone without. Brissett will have to play like he has last 2 weeks as could be a shootout. Must control ball, limit mistakes and take advantage of any opportunity.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I'd say likely you don't know (nor does any fan) but, sure, you can guess and could be right. Reality is no one knows if they did not examine him. Hell, just as likely Tua lied to get himself back on the field. Now some will say the docs should know better but there are things that happen where they do not know anything other than what the athlete tells them.
I’ve been on the same page that you are with this stuff. The big problem that has developed for our perspective is that the independent neurologist has been fired. I was working from the assumption that a professional was taking care of his duties as required. It seems like that may have not been the case. There’s always the chance that this is throwing the doctor under the bus. I don’t think that’s as likely though. We will have to see. I don’t know that there is any issue with the protocol. The protocol itself isn’t unsound because a player misled the medical personnel. If we are going to change the culture on concussions we can’t be excusing a player lying about symptoms. If this is going to be important (and it damn well is) all parties need to commit to changing the culture around this stuff. That old school lying to the medical staff should no longer be glorified and praised the way we call guys tough for playing hurt. Brain injuries are very different.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Atlanta secondary is really not good. I think Brissett could have a nice day.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to hit Mass then breakfast with the family. Have to go tutor my niece for an hour then we have to hit a party for one of the wife’s cousin’s kid’s Baptism (that’s a shit ton of possession). Hate watching the Eagles in a big group like that with people who think they know what they’re talking about when it comes to football.
Update!

Wifey is under the weather. We don’t have to go to the Baptism party. I’m getting hammered.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been on the same page that you are with this stuff. The big problem that has developed for our perspective is that the independent neurologist has been fired. I was working from the assumption that a professional was taking care of his duties as required. It seems like that may have not been the case. There’s always the chance that this is throwing the doctor under the bus. I don’t think that’s as likely though. We will have to see. I don’t know that there is any issue with the protocol. The protocol itself isn’t unsound because a player misled the medical personnel. If we are going to change the culture on concussions we can’t be excusing a player lying about symptoms. If this is going to be important (and it damn well is) all parties need to commit to changing the culture around this stuff. That old school lying to the medical staff should no longer be glorified and praised the way we call guys tough for playing hurt. Brain injuries are very different.
still on the same page as you on this. Sure, is possible that doc screwed up but as you point out also possible he was thrown under the bus.

Idea of automatically disqualifying a player if he wobbles (as is being said) might not be the way to go as I'm confident that there are cases players will do this and not have a concussion. Likely many. No, that does not mean Tua didn't lie about a back injury and was, in fact, concussed.

Guessing if Tua did not get blasted like he did Thursday Night what happened to him Sunday would have been forgotten.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still on the same page as you on this. Sure, is possible that doc screwed up but as you point out also possible he was thrown under the bus.

Idea of automatically disqualifying a player if he wobbles (as is being said) might not be the way to go as I'm confident that there are cases players will do this and not have a concussion. Likely many. No, that does not mean Tua didn't lie about a back injury and was, in fact, concussed.

Guessing if Tua did not get blasted like he did Thursday Night what happened to him Sunday would have been forgotten.

I don’t buy it.

If the doc followed the protocol and did everything correctly?

There would be nothing to throw him under the bus for. They said he made multiple mistakes in following the protocol.

Protocols are made to be followed to limit human error. If the protocol isn’t followed, the doc didn’t do his job and it is absolutely fair to doubt his diagnosis.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a good nfl game been going in London