• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basing it off what I saw and from what a lot of other former NFL players are saying.....think their experience matters.

And Miami had every reason to push Tua out there to play since he is in a make or break season.
Basing on them supporting your agenda. You are believing other players and docs who did not examine him but ignoring the docs who did and Tua himself.

Makes sense?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. Not sure how much more clear that he was found by medical doctors to have not suffered a concussion needs to be made for you.

You can keep repeating this bullshit all you want and it won't change the fact that there was no concussion on Sunday.

Gotta love all of these medical experts who can diagnose a concussion and overrule doctors from their couch.

And you thinking that the hit on Thurdsay wasn't a risky hit whether concussed or not has me wondering what you think you watched. The back of his head slammed into the turf.
No doubt. I don't care what happened to him Sunday that hit Thursday was wicked.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how long you've had Dish, but they have a pretty long history of stuff like this. Almost yearly they will get in contract disputes with some media company which will result in the loss of channels until its resolved. Most of the time it'll be with local affiliate channels. Occasionally it'll be with bigger conglomerates like Discovery, NBCUniversal (Comcast), Viacom, and in this case, Disney, which results in the loss of multiple popular channels

I think I've had them for a couple of years now. I've seen them get into a couple of pissing matches, but it was channels I don't watch anyway.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Likely catering to the masses. should they fire Tua, as well, if found he lied to get back on the field?

Lol

Medical professionals are there to protect players from themselves

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dish sucks to be honest. Preferred DirecTV.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

Medical professionals are there to protect players from themselves
Yep. They also can compare the player's baseline with how he reacts that night. and they also examined Tua. The outraged did not.

Just curious....if Tua sat out last Sunday's game entirely for any reason but not medical and was hit like he was Thursday you are thinking, what? He'd have been fine?

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They also can compare the player's baseline with how he reacts that night. and they also examined Tua. The outraged did not.

Just curious....if Tua sat out last Sunday's game entirely for any reason but not medical and was hit like he was Thursday you are thinking, what? He'd have been fine?

I think he would've been concussed. I don't think he would've demonstrated the fencing posture he did.

But that's me guessing. I obviously have no idea. But I've only seen that like 3 times in a game. And the last one the dude jumped up and flipped and landed on the back of his head.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would've been concussed. I don't think he would've demonstrated the fencing posture he did.

But that's me guessing. I obviously have no idea. But I've only seen that like 3 times in a game. And the last one the dude jumped up and flipped and landed on the back of his head.
I thought what happened Thursday was far worse. Likely what happened to him Sunday happens to someone in every game. Might they have messed up? Sure. But we don't know and nor does anyone who didn't examine nor talk to Tua.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought what happened Thursday was far worse. Likely what happened to him Sunday happens to someone in every game. Might they have messed up? Sure. But we don't know and nor does anyone who didn't examine nor talk to Tua.

Obviously Thursday was worse. Again the argument being made is he wouldn't have demonstrated that posture had he not had his bell rung Sunday.

The fact the Dolphins canned their doc tells me they were not as thorough as they should've been.

Tua is gonna be out at least 2 games now. He'd have only missed one had they sat him Thursday.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously Thursday was worse. Again the argument being made is he wouldn't have demonstrated that posture had he not had his bell rung Sunday.

The fact the Dolphins canned their doc tells me they were not as thorough as they should've been.

Tua is gonna be out at least 2 games now. He'd have only missed one had they sat him Thursday.
But again I go back to he likely misses 2 (or more) if he never even played last Sunday after that hit Thursday.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting 1 concussion increases the chances of getting another.....especially when you play another game just 5 days later.....

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami was 3-0, it was worth it lol

I wanted to see another undefeated season