• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also possible that it was. My one complaint about Roberts is that I've never liked how he handles his pitching staff, including how he builds up pitchers and handles their innings pitched.

He actually limits those innings pitched, partly to keep the pitchers fresh and partly due to this stats-based reluctance to allow pitchers to face hitters a third time in a game.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and a standout football player at Harvard that ended his performing career due to concussions. His foundation works with the NFL to establish concussion protocols. Tua's injury on Sunday had 5 triggers that indicate a concussion. He grabbed his head after the injury, stumbled getting up, shook his head to clear the cobwebs, fell back down, and needed to be held up and helped to the sideline. Those indications are normally enough to declare a player out BEFORE he had the chance to beat the protocols. He likely had been coached up (or taught by another player) to claim a back injury to dodge protocols.

He doesn't need to make a name for himself, he's already established. His foundation trains officials and coaches to diagnose head injuries with other leagues (CFL, etc) but the NFL will not let them near their product for obvious reasons; protect the shield.

And yet, he's still not a medical doctor, never treated nor even talked to Tua. Tua was checked during and after the game, including an independent check all said no concussion. The NFL and NFLPA are satisfied that there was no concussion.

So, unless and until there is proof that someone lied or hid something, people claiming he was concussed are full of shit and need to quit pretending they know what they're talking about because they don't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually limits those innings pitched, partly to keep the pitchers fresh and partly due to this stats-based reluctance to allow pitchers to face hitters a third time in a game.

He also leaves guys in too long (used to be especially bad with Kershaw), babied Urias for too long, but turns around and lets Gonsolin more than double his innings pitched in one season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also leaves guys in too long (used to be especially bad with Kershaw), babied Urias for too long, but turns around and lets Gonsolin more than double his innings pitched in one season.
Gonsolin is not a child. He's only had limited innings in the past by role.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He definitely babies Urias

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet, he's still not a medical doctor, never treated nor even talked to Tua. Tua was checked during and after the game, including an independent check all said no concussion. The NFL and NFLPA are satisfied that there was no concussion.

So, unless and until there is proof that someone lied or hid something, people claiming he was concussed are full of shit and need to quit pretending they know what they're talking about because they don't.
This is a pretty clear example of a second concussion within 5 days. That hit Thursday was not an obvious risky hit had he not already been concussed. The protocol is clearly not working. The Dolphins kept Tua out for one possession until they went 3-out without him on Sunday. Why hold him out after a lengthy Bills drive and halftime if he wasn't affected? If they had officially put him in concussion protocol, they knew he would never be cleared to play in time to play Thursday. His coach even said after Thursday's game that his injury was "only" a concussion. Brain injuries apparently are nothing to worry about. Tua's family should be consulting lawyers and the NFL should be preparing for a lawsuit.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonsolin is not a child. He's only had limited innings in the past by role.

And? It doesn't matter why his innings were limited. He's still more than doubling his innings pitched. Pitchers who throw a lot of innings build their arms up to prepare. To just more than double a guys innings without building his arm up is risky. Certainly not unheard of though.

Some guys can do it, some can't.

To be fair though, if Gonsolin had been able to handle it, this conversation doesn't happen. Since he couldn't it's now about hoping they can get him back for the NLCS.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty clear example of a second concussion within 5 days. That hit Thursday was not an obvious risky hit had he not already been concussed. The protocol is clearly not working. The Dolphins kept Tua out for one possession until they went 3-out without him on Sunday. Why hold him out after a lengthy Bills drive and halftime if he wasn't affected? If they had officially put him in concussion protocol, they knew he would never be cleared to play in time to play Thursday. His coach even said after Thursday's game that his injury was "only" a concussion. Brain injuries apparently are nothing to worry about. Tua's family should be consulting lawyers and the NFL should be preparing for a lawsuit.

No, it isn't. Not sure how much more clear that he was found by medical doctors to have not suffered a concussion needs to be made for you.

You can keep repeating this bullshit all you want and it won't change the fact that there was no concussion on Sunday.

Gotta love all of these medical experts who can diagnose a concussion and overrule doctors from their couch.

And you thinking that the hit on Thurdsay wasn't a risky hit whether concussed or not has me wondering what you think you watched. The back of his head slammed into the turf.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Bruins had a nice win last night.

Yeah that one surprised me a bit, but I had a feeling Washington wasn’t really back.

Reactions: DJ

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Bruins had a nice win last night.

Yeah, they did. They should be ranked in the next poll.

I thought you guys would play them tough, but I had 45-41 Washington.

Really evenly matched teams. If not for those 2 picks your defense got, I think that game would have been won by whoever had the ball last.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, they did. They should be ranked in the next poll.

I thought you guys would play them tough, but I had 45-41 Washington.

Really evenly matched teams. If not for those 2 picks your defense got, I think that game would have been won by whoever had the ball last.
I thought it was a tossup....before the game.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it isn't. Not sure how much more clear that he was found by medical doctors to have not suffered a concussion needs to be made for you.

You can keep repeating this bullshit all you want and it won't change the fact that there was no concussion on Sunday.

Gotta love all of these medical experts who can diagnose a concussion and overrule doctors from their couch.

And you thinking that the hit on Thurdsay wasn't a risky hit whether concussed or not has me wondering what you think you watched. The back of his head slammed into the turf.

We will see but quite a few former players saying that was definitely a Concussion.

Not doctors sure...but been around them enough to know pretty well

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that Chip has you guys headed in the right direction.

I hope both teams stay healthy because it's looking like this years USC/UCLA game could be really good.
This was a make or break year for him IMO. Still is. Think he needs a 9, maybe even 10 win season to stay on.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that Chip has you guys headed in the right direction.

I hope both teams stay healthy because it's looking like this years USC/UCLA game could be really good.

Wanna bet that a team from Los Angeles wins that game?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was a make or break year for him IMO. Still is. Think he needs a 9, maybe even 10 win season to stay on.

Seems doable.

They have 3 games left where they might not be favored Utah, @Oregon (your next 2 games) and USC.

Even if they lose all 3, they'd be 9-3 as long as they didn't get upset by someone (always possible in the PAC).

That should be plenty good enough. Especially if the losses are close games.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems doable.

They have 3 games left where they might not be favored Utah, @Oregon (your next 2 games) and USC.

Even if they lose all 3, they'd be 9-3 as long as they didn't get upset by someone (always possible in the PAC).

That should be plenty good enough. Especially if the losses are close games.
Yeah....came into this season 18-25 so he has to show he has them on the right track and I think he will.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....came into this season 18-25 so he has to show he has them on the right track and I think he will.

He does. He's had to rebuild the roster, that takes time. They were 8-4 last year, they are 5-0 and currently have an 8 game win streak dating to last year.

If that's not the right direction, I'm not sure what is. lol