• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA OFF TOPIC THREAD

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got up this morning, went to Dunkin' Donuts and got a dozen donuts for the family, went through Starbucks, got home grabbed a couple of donuts, sat in my recliner with my coffee, donuts and paper, turn on College GameDay only to see some dipshit from DishNetwork whining about what assholes Disney is and USC is on ESPN...extremely pissed.

Fortunately, YouTube has a 21 day free trial and ESPN can be seen through that. So, Dish has 21 days to get their shit together.
You can try Philo and FuboTv as well.

I just watch thru the Disney Plus bumdle.

$9.99 for ESPN, Disney Plus and Hulu.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does. He's had to rebuild the roster, that takes time. They were 8-4 last year, they are 5-0 and currently have an 8 game win streak dating to last year.

If that's not the right direction, I'm not sure what is. lol
Yeah....but if we lose those 3 games you mentioned and a few we should win and go 7-5 IDK what the AD would do.

But, I think we go at least 9-3.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New Years resolution will be not to beat a dead horse as much.
tenor.gif

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....but if we lose those 3 games you mentioned and a few we should win and go 7-5 IDK what the AD would do.

But, I think we go at least 9-3.

I think they'd at least give him next year as well if they went 7-5. There are too many other positives and the conference is known for cannibalizing itself.

I think it would take a doomsday scenario of finishing 6-6 or 5-7 and getting blown out by Utah, Oregon and USC to cost him his job. It's also a bit tougher for UCLA to fire someone because they have to go through the regents.

It's not like USC where the AD just needs the University Presidents okay.

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'd at least give him next year as well if they went 7-5. There are too many other positives and the conference is known for cannibalizing itself.

I think it would take a doomsday scenario of finishing 6-6 or 5-7 and getting blown out by Utah, Oregon and USC to cost him his job. It's also a bit tougher for UCLA to fire someone because they have to go through the regents.

It's not like USC where the AD just needs the University Presidents okay.
True.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where is he in his contract? The reason I ask is that the regents generally don't like buyouts, so if they were to go 7-5 and the AD saw something that convinced him that they weren't headed in the right direction and he's in last or next to last year of his contract, the regents might approve it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a pretty clear example of a second concussion within 5 days. That hit Thursday was not an obvious risky hit had he not already been concussed. The protocol is clearly not working. The Dolphins kept Tua out for one possession until they went 3-out without him on Sunday. Why hold him out after a lengthy Bills drive and halftime if he wasn't affected? If they had officially put him in concussion protocol, they knew he would never be cleared to play in time to play Thursday. His coach even said after Thursday's game that his injury was "only" a concussion. Brain injuries apparently are nothing to worry about. Tua's family should be consulting lawyers and the NFL should be preparing for a lawsuit.
Dude watch that hit. Tua got whipped into the ground by a DT and his helmet smacked the ground.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is he in his contract? The reason I ask is that the regents generally don't like buyouts, so if they were to go 7-5 and the AD saw something that convinced him that they weren't headed in the right direction and he's in last or next to last year of his contract, the regents might approve it.
Last year of his 5 year contract.....he coaching for his next one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year of his 5 year contract.....he coaching for his next one.

In that case, if the season ended in a way that convinced the AD that he's not the right guy after all, it would be easier for the AD to cut him loose.

Reactions: DJ

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m so sick of ESPN and others going Gaga over the Judge shit. They interrupt what you’re watching so they can bring you live to some September call up piece of fluke trash pitching around him. They just did a split screen on the Oklahoma game so we could see 2 straight balls and then the 3rd pitch knicks his jersey so he takes his base.

Thanks ESPN! If we didn’t see it live, it would have been our only chance. I wish society would come up with some sort of way to record live action so a person could watch that at a later date and time. That would be great. Just think of all the different ways we could share that recording. I bet with that new internet stuff they could really spread it around rather quickly. Dare to dream. Maybe someday.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got up this morning, went to Dunkin' Donuts and got a dozen donuts for the family, went through Starbucks, got home grabbed a couple of donuts, sat in my recliner with my coffee, donuts and paper, turn on College GameDay only to see some dipshit from DishNetwork whining about what assholes Disney is and USC is on ESPN...extremely pissed.

Fortunately, YouTube has a 21 day free trial and ESPN can be seen through that. So, Dish has 21 days to get their shit together.

Don't know how long you've had Dish, but they have a pretty long history of stuff like this. Almost yearly they will get in contract disputes with some media company which will result in the loss of channels until its resolved. Most of the time it'll be with local affiliate channels. Occasionally it'll be with bigger conglomerates like Discovery, NBCUniversal (Comcast), Viacom, and in this case, Disney, which results in the loss of multiple popular channels

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3