• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Bows Down To Political Correctness

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you feel the same way if this bill was for allowing racial discrimination instead of LGBT?

It's more than just targeting LGBT. If I'm reading things correctly, HB2 also eliminates state law claims for wrongful termination based on color of one's skin and it eliminates state law claims for workplace discrimination based on national origin or ethnicity. It also eliminates a woman's right to sue in state court for workplace discrimination.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell me. You're the one disagreeing with them moving the ASG

I never said I disagreed with anything.

Moving the ASG is pandering to a fringe group and has nothing to do with fear. It was explained in an earlier comment (#32) why the NBA is punishing Charlotte for no good fucking reason and either you're too slow to grasp it or your radical gay agenda trumps common sense.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moving the ASG is pandering to a fringe group and has nothing to do with fear. It was explained in an earlier comment (#32) why the NBA is punishing Charlotte for no good fucking reason and either you're too slow to grasp it or your radical gay agenda trumps common sense.

No good reason?

lfL0UvH.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I also know the LGBTQ society scares/threatens you.

No. You and your friends in dkjgfif3yrgf society don't scare/threaten me. I don't give a rat's ass what you do and I am not afraid of you.

Try again.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up the etymology of "phobic" while you're at it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's deep. I usually don't expect much more than mono-syllabic grunts from Faker fans, but you've taken this to another level.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's deep. I usually don't expect much more than mono-syllabic grunts from Faker fans, but you've taken this to another level.

Sorry all I hear was

"Blah blah blah, I'm scared of gays, blah blah blah, vote Trump"

Have a good day sweetheart. You'll find the right man one eventually.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry all I hear was

"Blah blah blah, I'm scared of gays, blah blah blah, vote Trump"

Have a good day sweetheart. You'll find the right man one eventually.

Not scare of gays.

Not a trump supporter.

Been married for 29 years.

You are not good at this, sweetheart

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such irony that the NBA pulls out of a state who's bill that protects 99.9% of its citizens and employers yet fines it's WNBA players for wearing black. Tad bit of hypocrisy.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You should probably read more.

The NBA is a business.

No good reason?

The Sponsors that pay them hundreds of millions of dollars disagree with you.

Not a single owner, Not even Jordan, supported keeping the game there.

In the NBA’s decision to move the All-Star Game out of Charlotte because of North Carolina’s discriminatory laws towards the LGBTQ community: Cuban: “When it came up I told Adam Silver Dallas is ready, willing and able to host if they decide to move. But honestly I haven’t heard anything back from him on that so most likely it won’t happen. The only top-level thing that I got — and this has been publicly conveyed as well — is that we had so many sponsors saying that they wouldn’t participate if we did have the game (in North Carolina). The All-Star Game is kind of like the NBA’s Super Bowl. That’s where all the parties, all of our advertisers get together. That’s really where we try to connect the players with advertisers, with fans. And if the advertisers and sponsors aren’t going to be there then that doesn’t happen.
– via Dallas Morning News

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

Good.

Reason.

World doesn't revolve around tPhegs.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would accuse you of being homophobic :lol:.

I know many people, close family members, that are totally against this lifestyle.

I get it...understand it.

But, where do you draw the line?

If you can fire someone, refuse to hire them, refuse to serve them solely based on sexual orientation that is discrimination.

What's next?

Not hiring Muslims, Catholics, Republicans, Democrats, T Party?

There has to be a line.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would accuse you of being homophobic :lol:.

I know many people, close family members, that are totally against this lifestyle.

I get it...understand it.

But, where do you draw the line?

If you can fire someone, refuse to hire them, refuse to serve them solely based on sexual orientation that is discrimination.

What's next?

Not hiring Muslims, Catholics, Republicans, Democrats, T Party?

There has to be a line.

What's crazy is that under this law, if you are fired for being a Christian (or being the practioner of any faith), you can't sue in state court. The only other state where this is true is Mississippi.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is that under this law, if you are fired for being a Christian (or being the practioner of any faith), you can't sue in state court. The only other state where this is true is Mississippi.

Exactly.

People are so fixated on the bathroom and gay angle that they are ignoring the bigger issue.

This law can be easily manipulated, exploited into allowing across the board discrimination with no avenue for recourse for the victims.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was intended more broadly than the comment I quoted in response. Of course that is taking things too far. However, I think more should be done than just taking away an All-Star game.

I don't think there's anything more that the NBA could do. I mean, what else is there that doesn't punish innocent people for what a state has done? For that matter, moving the all star game punishes innocent people.

Honestly, as a league, I don't think the NBA really has any business mixing in politics, etc. If the players want to make a statement of some sort, that's fine. It's them exercising their rights as citizens. But, imo, the league itself should stay the hell out of politics, etc.