• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Bows Down To Political Correctness

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, that's Europe and a lot of European countries are filled with pussified men. I'm not uptight about sex at all, but there's certain boundaries that shouldn't be crossed, seeing your parents naked/banging is one of them.
That is because you were taught that all of your life - but the kids over there are not bothered by it - it's natural to them. Not saying I want to go there - though

Rust Cohle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is because you were taught that all of your life - but the kids over there are not bothered by it - it's natural to them. Not saying I want to go there - though

And they were taught wrong. It would be cool if Americans had more of a casual attitude towards sex, but not at the risk of making us a gender-neutral society.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they were taught wrong. It would be cool if Americans had more of a casual attitude towards sex, but not at the risk of making us a gender-neutral society.

I'm glad you guys know so much about Europe and what goes over here.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's the cowards way out just as the NBA is taking the cowards way out. Had Charlotte not passed their own bill then there would be no state bill protecting business owners from having an agenda forced upon them. The NBA has set s precedent now and will look like massive hypocrites even more than they currently do with their double standard of choosing the tranny bill over the BLM movement.

Equal rights is not "an agenda". Federal government needs to take this issue out of state's hands and make it federal law.

What do you want the NBA to do about BLM? Cancel any games where cops kill unarmed black citizens?

This is a specialized situation and both Charlotte and the state had plenty of advance warning that they could lose this event over this issue.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so this discussion has degenerated into religion. If people could just use religion as a means to be a better person and love thy neighbor, things would be fine. Alas....

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but it's not the same - Racial discrimination will never be on the same page as life styles that are not approved up by the general public. I get it that the gay community wants to do what they want to do, but that does not mean Christians have to approve of it or support those choices. Transgender is even worse, however because it enables men to dress up as women, claiming to be something they aren't and targeting young girls in public bathrooms. If a guy wants to pretend he is a woman - I will be more than glad to leave him alone or her is she is pretending to be a man - don't ask me to say that's normal behavior.

This "targeting young girls in public bathrooms" is an urban myth. Please link some news stories where this actually happened. Being gay, transsexual or transgender does not make you a *********.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "targeting young girls in public bathrooms" is an urban myth. Please link some news stories where this actually happened. Being gay, transsexual or transgender does not make you a *********.

Yeah, I stopped discussing the topic once he started lumping homosexuality in with pedophilia.

I pointed out that those things are not one and the same and to group them together is terribly offensive.

But, he is dug in.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so this discussion has degenerated into religion. If people could just use religion as a means to be a better person and love thy neighbor, things would be fine. Alas....

Might be my fault.

TLF was using the bible as a weapon to discriminate.

I was merely pointing out that it was " selective discrimination " when you pick and choose which sins to rail against.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF is under the impression that every transgender person, in particular the man-to-woman ones, are only interested in looking at woman undress and urinate in bathrooms.

As a woman I would feel completely safe if a transgender person came and used the female facilities. I would also feel completely safe for my daughter.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF is under the impression that every transgender person, in particular the man-to-woman ones, are only interested in looking at woman undress and urinate in bathrooms.

As a woman I would feel completely safe if a transgender person came and used the female facilities. I would also feel completely safe for my daughter.

Look. I don't agree with really anything TLF had to say, except 1 point.

I am 100% in favor of any anti-discrimination law, but the bathroom thing goes 1 step too far, IMO. Why complicate things? Men use the men's room, women use the women's it does not matter who you are sleeping with or dressed as.

This new law as I understand it does essentially open the door for anybody to use the bathroom that they choose. It does not take a huge leap to see how it might be taken advantage of, and that has potential to harm a lot more people than a small percentage of transgendered people who are uncomfortable using the bathroom that matched their plumbing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am 100% in favor of any anti-discrimination law, but the bathroom thing goes 1 step too far, IMO. Why complicate things? Men use the men's room, women use the women's it does not matter who you are sleeping with or dressed as.

This new law as I understand it does essentially open the door for anybody to use the bathroom that they choose. It does not take a huge leap to see how it might be taken advantage of, and that has potential to harm a lot more people than a small percentage of transgendered people who are uncomfortable using the bathroom that matched their plumbing.

Are you under the impression that transgender people are the same as a guy dressed as a woman on a bachelor party? It's a whole lot more complex than just putting on a dress and wig and walking in to the ladies bathroom.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you under the impression that transgender people are the same as a guy dressed as a woman on a bachelor party? It's a whole lot more complex than just putting on a dress and wig and walking in to the ladies bathroom.

No, I just think this law opens a lot of potential loopholes that could be very difficult to prove in court.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, that is a quagmire.

There could be the occasional ********* that tries to exploit the law.

But, I doubt it will be wide spread.

It's funny....

I normally don't use public bathrooms.

But, if I had to because my kid couldn't hold it, we normally go in the family bathroom.

Problem solved.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA has no business getting involved in stuff like this. As for he law, we don't need a law for everything, some things just sort themselves out people.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA has no business getting involved in stuff like this. As for he law, we don't need a law for everything, some things just sort themselves out people.

I agree with the second part. They don't have a choice but to get involve when sponsors are pulling out though. It is less about morals for them and more about income.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough - I forgot how sensitive and some in here are and how quickly they get hurt when they hear an opinion they don't agree with. I think I started to talk about something else and got sidetracked though because I usually don't refer to the gays or transgenders as vulgar lifestyles. Again my apology and I will try to remember how sensitive some are to alternate opinions

Dude, just stop. You're really making yourself look bad. Like, worse than you usually do. You insult a group of people and then, when you "apologize" you make it out to be their fault for being too sensitive. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I stopped discussing the topic once he started lumping homosexuality in with pedophilia.

I pointed out that those things are not one and the same and to group them together is terribly offensive.

But, he is dug in.

Hey, at least he's sorry that you're so sensitive. :tsk:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the PGA will be tempted to move next year's championship out of Charlotte for similar reasons? That is, if the law is still on the books.