• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Bows Down To Political Correctness

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the interesting point Clay Travis brings up is this:

It was the city of Charlotte that passed a pro-LGBT bill that led to the state of North Carlina to pass the anti-LGBT bill.

But it is not the state of North Caroline losing the NBA All Star Game.

It's the city of Charlotte losing the NBA All Star Game.

The NBA is run by fucking idiots.

The City of Charlotte is part of North Carolina. Any bill passed by North Carolina as a result includes Charlotte. Losing the All-Star game is a black eye for North Carolina as well as Charlotte, BOTH of whom are losing the All-Star game.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The City of Charlotte is part of North Carolina. Any bill passed by North Carolina as a result includes Charlotte. Losing the All-Star game is a black eye for North Carolina as well as Charlotte, BOTH of whom are losing the All-Star game.

And you are okay with Charlotte, who tried to pass PRO-LGBT legislation, getting that black eye because their state overruled them?

Had Charlotte just said fuck it and not even tried to pass their pro-LGBT legislation, the state would have never passed their anti-LGBT bill....

and the NBA All Star Game will still be played in Charlotte.

But because Charlotte tried to be pro-LGBT, they are now being punished because of something people higher ranking than them did.

And apparently you are perfectly okay with that.

As @Used 2 B Hu said, no good deed goes unpunished.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I couldn't even tell you where the all-star game this past season was. :noidea:

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't even tell you where the all-star game this past season was. :noidea:

Whomever they are, they're probably still counting the money.

You know who I really blame in all this???

George Shinn. Screw that clown.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. You are going to punish athletes who had nothing to do with this law being passed if you ban college players from Carolina schools. That is taking things way too far.

Yeah, this is not a Joe Paterno situation where you come down hard on the Institution as a whole.

This is political, not Institutional.

That would be taking it many steps to far.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My comment was intended more broadly than the comment I quoted in response. Of course that is taking things too far. However, I think more should be done than just taking away an All-Star game.

I agree that the NBA, NFL and perhaps even the NCAA can and should do more. I also think that they should carefully weigh the ramifications of any decisions made, and make sure they are not punishing innocent parties.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silver should resign.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you are okay with Charlotte, who tried to pass PRO-LGBT legislation, getting that black eye because their state overruled them?

Had Charlotte just said fuck it and not even tried to pass their pro-LGBT legislation, the state would have never passed their anti-LGBT bill....

and the NBA All Star Game will still be played in Charlotte.

But because Charlotte tried to be pro-LGBT, they are now being punished because of something people higher ranking than them did.

And apparently you are perfectly okay with that.

As @Used 2 B Hu said, no good deed goes unpunished.

You certainly can't ignore the state's bill simply because that city disagreed with it. Charlotte can take it up with their state government.

Your fix is that they shouldn't have passed pro-LGBT legislation? Hardly. They need to get rid of the backwards tools that supported the follow-up bill.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their brand is still in NC. Their brand will continue to be in NC. This is just throwing a dog a bone and people are like Yeah Yeah Take that! :lol:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You certainly can't ignore the state's bill simply because that city disagreed with it. Charlotte can take it up with their state government.

Your fix is that they shouldn't have passed pro-LGBT legislation? Hardly. They need to get rid of the backwards tools that supported the follow-up bill.

My fix? This isn't my fix. This is fact!

The city of Charlotte passed pro-LGBT legislation. The state, IN RESPONSE, passed this anti-LGBT legislation that got the NBA all riled up.

The NBA should be supporting the city of Charlotte because the city of Charlotte is in opposition to the state's stance on this issue.

But, instead, they are going to punish the city of Charlotte for the actions of a state legislature that the city of Charlotte is opposed to!

Good grief, how much clearer do I have to make it. The city of Charlotte loses the most out of this and they were the ones who were pro-LGBT to begin with.

Had they not put their neck on the line for the LGBT community and come into contradiction with their state legislature, they never would have lost the All Star Game.

That is not my fix. That is a fact!

The NBA should be supporting the city of Charlotte for their stance.

Not throwing them under the bus just to look good to idiotic SJWs on social media.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My fix? This isn't my fix. This is fact!

The city of Charlotte passed pro-LGBT legislation. The state, IN RESPONSE, passed this anti-LGBT legislation that got the NBA all riled up.

The NBA should be supporting the city of Charlotte because the city of Charlotte is in opposition to the state's stance on this issue.

But, instead, they are going to punish the city of Charlotte for the actions of a state legislature that the city of Charlotte is opposed to!

Good grief, how much clearer do I have to make it. The city of Charlotte loses the most out of this and they were the ones who were pro-LGBT to begin with.

Had they not put their neck on the line for the LGBT community and come into contradiction with their state legislature, they never would have lost the All Star Game.

That is not my fix. That is a fact!

The NBA should be supporting the city of Charlotte for their stance.

Not throwing them under the bus just to look good to idiotic SJWs on social media.
I'm sure Charlotte will survive without the All-Star game.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does the NBA care about tGheys? Them are soccer fans anyways :pound:

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bill's stupid but the NBA should realize that Charlotte's nBA team had nothing to do with this, they shouldn't be punished by this backward law.