• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot - just to recap priorities - as I understand the direction we are going. .... .
1. Update consensus top 200 (as of 07/19/13)
2. Update consensus positional (as of 07/19/13).
3. Update avatars on homepage (*).
4. Update personal pages:
a. remove top 200 ranks header/link
b. create "Plug 'em In - Get 'em Out" header/link on all.
c. update or create the article header/link on all that need it.
d. remove positional ranks header/links.
5. Add roll-over feature to links.

(*) if a new one is not received by Friday leave as-is for now and move on.

Seems like more than enough to accomplish by an August 1 re-launch date. .......

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty that is beautiful man. That's exactly what I needed, some direction here. I can't always remember what needs to be done or what i said I'd do. lefty if you keep tabs on things like you've done here it would def help things move along in a faster neater fashion. I think we are cooking now. Things are falling into place and with you keeping us organized it will only guarantee everything gets done and in correct order.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Update consensus top 200 (as of 07/19/13)
2. Update consensus positional (as of 07/19/13).
3. Update avatars on homepage (*).

this will be done this week end. I just need to get my rankings updated and of to Joe. I will have them to Joe by tonight. Got a meeting at 5:30 and then I'll have the night to finish them.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be able to get more of the list done too this weekend but that stuff for sure will be done.
Also need to add to list - 6. Install a message board system or way to communicate with public.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty that is beautiful man. That's exactly what I needed, some direction here. I can't always remember what needs to be done or what i said I'd do.

Nice post Lefty. Foot seems to have the attention span of, well, a foot. lol

If anyone needs to update their rankings, follow the Foot's lead and get them to me no later than Friday afternoon. I plan on doing the updates on Friday night.

BTW Monkey I fixed your Dalton issue. I think that was my error.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be able to get more of the list done too this weekend but that stuff for sure will be done.
Also need to add to list - 6. Install a message board system or way to communicate with public.

No problem with maintaining a 'to do' list (especially someone else's) - - and pressing your start button. Just wish there was something more I could contribute at this point. Anyway, consider #6 added (BTW -it wasn't on there because I really didn't think it would make it by the August 1 re-launch). .... it could come the following week.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I have you beat on the IDP league Foot. I was in a league for a few years where we drafted an entire defensive team in IDP. Eleven guys. 2 DE, 2 DT, 3 LB, 2 S and 2 CB. Talk about extreme sleepers.

To make it more complicated, the commish had a bidding waiver process for only 4 days leading up to Sunday. Was fun but a lot of work. I actually got out of that league last season. Maybe I acted to hasty?

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty, thanks and that is a huge help. Joe you da man too and yes my attention span is not great it's the price I pay for being a creative genoius, lol. I'll have my list to you by tonight working on it right now. And we play with 11 guys on D as well. just we play a 3-4 scheme. 3 dl (1DT 2 DE) 4 LB (2 INSIDE 2 OUTSIDE) 4 DBs (2 CB, 2 SS). Keeper and IDP is the Funnest thing I ever did and I never thought fantasy could get any funner all ready. Full keeper league keeps you insane all year and makes the rookies completly scrutinized. You will know every player on every roster. It's just makes you want to learn every detail about every player even the 6th string bench warmers.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not the next thing on the to-do list but, I had an idea for the roll overs when we get to them. When your mouse rolls over one of our box seats the roll over image will be the inside of a stadium. Saying "Welcome" with a little concession stand and a ticket collector. What you guys think

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's not the next thing on the to-do list but, I had an idea for the roll overs when we get to them. When your mouse rolls over one of our box seats the roll over image will be the inside of a stadium. Saying "Welcome" with a little concession stand and a ticket collector. What you guys think

Sounds really neat - - but please stay focused. ...... :suds:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot, I'm almost done with the updates. You changed your rankings a lot. Many much work. Anyway, just asking if you meant to leave Miles Austin and Blackmon unranked?

If not, just tell me what number you want them, and I'll shift everyone else down.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry joe yes thanks for catching that. please put Miles right in between Mike Wallace and Jordy Nelson on the wrs and right below Le veon Bell on the top 200. Put Blackmon behind Sidney Rice on the wrs list and same on top 200. Thanks again.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot, I'm almost done with the updates. You changed your rankings a lot. Many much work. Anyway, just asking if you meant to leave Miles Austin and Blackmon unranked?

If not, just tell me what number you want them, and I'll shift everyone else down.

Joe - you are the man. ... got them in email. Thanks for all the number crunching. Offer still stands - I'll help in any way I can as we get into this thing. ....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank, Lefty. I hope Foot gets 'em up soon.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rankings

Joe great job getting everybody the rankings. Everything looks great and Foot that sounds like a great idea for the rollovers.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Cane. Joe that is not too much to ask. I'll have both them updated by end of day tomorrow. Again sorry for all the changes. When I did the first rankings I was so concerned with getting everything done on the site I just wizzed through my rankings. Still can't believe I left my boy T-hill completely off the list last time. Thanks brother Joe. Like i said both rankings will be done tomorrow for sure.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I will try and get the avitars updated as well. lefty can you let me know who is getting a new avitar if you know. if not please all chime in.

Cane - do you still want the smokey avi you sent me.
Sam - I think you had a new too.

Anyone else have a new avi?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thought and don't worry lefty I AM FOCUSED. But after reading canes into to us I thought it was very impressive and thought maybe it would be cool if we all did the same thing. You know list our accomplishments in fantasy football. Just so people can get an idea of our success rates. I know we would be going on the honors system so if you lie you are only lying to yourself. Also, you have to kind of factor in the level of competition you where going against and since we can't really do that it would be hard to take it seriously but then I thought why not at least hear what we all have accomplished.

I know I would love to hear about all your guys success. Unless you guys think it's a bad idea then forget it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thought and don't worry lefty I AM FOCUSED. But after reading canes into to us I thought it was very impressive and thought maybe it would be cool if we all did the same thing. You know list our accomplishments in fantasy football. Just so people can get an idea of our success rates. I know we would be going on the honors system so if you lie you are only lying to yourself. Also, you have to kind of factor in the level of competition you where going against and since we can't really do that it would be hard to take it seriously but then I thought why not at least hear what we all have accomplished.

I know I would love to hear about all your guys success. Unless you guys think it's a bad idea then forget it.

Not a bad idea, but I think the content should be up to each individual. At some point in time we are going to need to 'sell' ourselves to the community anyway. Perhaps a short bio the article pages, or a 'about us' link on the homepage. Make that #7 on the 'to do' list.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a bad idea, but I think the content should be up to each individual. At some point in time we are going to need to 'sell' ourselves to the community anyway. Perhaps a short bio the article pages, or a 'about us' link on the homepage. Make that #7 on the 'to do' list.

IMO this will make us sound like tools if not done right..........gotta go................BRB