• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree too. how bout we focus on our writing and any unique things we would like to offer for the personal pages an we keep all our rankings as consensus neat and clean and easy to see. Once down the road I'll make the consensus rankings so that if a user clicks one of our names the list will be reorganized to our rankings while on the consensus page. Joe would it be hard to update my rankings to the newest list you did becuase I'd like to tweek mine? If not no worries I can wait but i did those rankings so darn fast because i was concentrating on the site itself I forgot to even rank my boy T-hill whom i think will be very solid this year with the addition of Wallace and the fact they are gonna feature a pass first oriented offense. Plus I got like 15 kickers on my list. not sure who that happened but like i said I was in a rush.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once down the road I'll make the consensus rankings so that if a user clicks one of our names the list will be reorganized to our rankings while on the consensus page.

That was be awesome!

Joe would it be hard to update my rankings to the newest list you did becuase I'd like to tweek mine?

The amount of work depends on you Foot. If all you want to do is insert Tannehill and a few others, just tell me what number you want to see them, and I'll shift the other players down. If you want to tweak more than just a couple, then send me the new list. (Of course, it would help if you use MY spreadsheet. But if not, hakuna matata.)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, Joe I think I want to move a few guys around. I will try and use the spreed sheet though.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko, you did the same with Finley and DeAngelo

actually i left them off on purpose..Finley hasnt impressed me though he certainly is due
and D-Ang prob around 202-203 range...nice catch though Joe..

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming...

I don't see a huge need for me to have my own ranking page. I feel that the site would satisfy the fantasy fix of plenty of fantasy addicts if we present consensus rankings. I like the 200 (and yes, I'd like to see the latest rankings displayed), and I like the consensus positional rankings (which also need to be posted).

Everything else takes a "bench spot" at this point.

ill second Joe

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming...

I don't see a huge need for me to have my own ranking page. I feel that the site would satisfy the fantasy fix of plenty of fantasy addicts if we present consensus rankings. I like the 200 (and yes, I'd like to see the latest rankings displayed), and I like the consensus positional rankings (which also need to be posted).

Everything else takes a "bench spot" at this point.

Agree - and thanks for activating your chime, you too Foot & Barilko. .....
Now for consistency do we need to agree on something like noted below as the headings on the personal pages ?? Maybe some want something unique to them (e.g. 'Foot Prints' is pretty catchy) - if so, that's fine, but Foot will need to know in order to revise the pages. I'm good either way. ....

Articles (ex, "The Way (xxxx) See's It", "View From (xxx's) Section"

Weekly start/sit (ex, "The Hot and Not", "Weekly Thoughts", "The Week Ahead", " Plug 'em In, Get 'em Out").

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes guys that's a good point by Lefty. As I was creating our home pages I didn't add a heading to everyone (just forgot to) but I can update them for everyone just let me know what you want yours to say.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just like to see my rankings on the site under my own Name.. hopefully sooner than later.

Just want to say everyone working on site and rankings are doing a good job.. Joe thanks for all your hard work for the rankings.. I know that must get old and boring after awhile

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - and thanks for activating your chime, you too Foot & Barilko. .....
Now for consistency do we need to agree on something like noted below as the headings on the personal pages ?? Maybe some want something unique to them (e.g. 'Foot Prints' is pretty catchy) - if so, that's fine, but Foot will need to know in order to revise the pages. I'm good either way. ....

Articles (ex, "The Way (xxxx) See's It", "View From (xxx's) Section"

Weekly start/sit (ex, "The Hot and Not", "Weekly Thoughts", "The Week Ahead", " Plug 'em In, Get 'em Out").

I like the Spud Report for me; yeah, it's kinda cheesy but catchy too. Plug em in get em out sounds good for a start sit. I guess my chimer was broken yesterday but I thought I had already chimed in on all of the chimable issues we had all been chiming about.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Spud Report for me; yeah, it's kinda cheesy but catchy too. Plug em in get em out sounds good for a start sit. I guess my chimer was broken yesterday but I thought I had already chimed in on all of the chimable issues we had all been chiming about.

Touché on your chimer - and agree with "Plug 'Em In - Get 'Em Out".

Foot - for my articles page use; "Write from Lefty"

I think everyone likes the fonts you have used on the headers.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok sounds good

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my chimer was broken yesterday but I thought I had already chimed in on all of the chimable issues we had all been chiming about.

What a chimer.

Guys, if you want to update any of your rankings (200, or positional), please email them soon. NFL camps are opening very soon. Thanks.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of suggestions

Chiming in, I think the individual rankings should not be on our individual pages they should just be on the rankings page only. I do think that on the rankings page there should be a link that if you click our names takes you to our personal pages, though. Also, I do have one suggestion for the website. I was just on the site looking around and I was wondering if when your cursor goes over one of the links that it could highlight the box around it. For instance, when you put your mouse over the Foot's Prints, the outside box around the square that is blue right now would change to maybe yellow or something. It's just a way for people to know that it is in fact a link to a different page. I know that when you point at the picture, the link appears in the bottom left of the browser, but some people don't know that and I think it would help people realize that they are in fact links to other pages.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's excellent Canes and fins. You just reminded me about roll overs. I can certainly ad that. It is not hard just time consuming so give me a little time and I'll get to it. It will be a nice touch and great idea.

Good work young man!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I also think at some point down the road we should do IDP rankings. Does anyone have IDP experience besides Joe and Myself?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I don't even make my own personal ranking of IDP. I usually borrow one from the internet.

My personal opinion on IDP may be shockingly different than others who do IDP. Most IDP leagues will limit the positions to DL, LB and DB. Here's my shocking take on IDP:

1) the DL position to me is like an elite RB. There's only a few that can put up LB-type numbers. Like Watt, JPP, and Jared Allen. To me, these are the IDP guys you should target first. But most will still go after a LB.
2) Next, I look at DB that also return kicks on special teams. It may be rare for a TD, but the potential is there. (Plus, I'm in a league that generously rewards return yardage).
3) Last is the LB. They're a dime a dozen to me. Like kickers. Plus they're just as fluid in the stats department as kickers. Tops one year, mediocre the next. Plus, most IDP owners will only draft one LB and not waste a bench spot on a backup. So in a 12-team league, there will be plenty of LB to pick from.

That's it in a nutshell. Not to minimize IDP, but it doesn't have the same type of risk/reward that the offensive playmakers appear to have, IMO.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDP

To be honest, I don't even make my own personal ranking of IDP. I usually borrow one from the internet.

My personal opinion on IDP may be shockingly different than others who do IDP. Most IDP leagues will limit the positions to DL, LB and DB. Here's my shocking take on IDP:

1) the DL position to me is like an elite RB. There's only a few that can put up LB-type numbers. Like Watt, JPP, and Jared Allen. To me, these are the IDP guys you should target first. But most will still go after a LB.
2) Next, I look at DB that also return kicks on special teams. It may be rare for a TD, but the potential is there. (Plus, I'm in a league that generously rewards return yardage).
3) Last is the LB. They're a dime a dozen to me. Like kickers. Plus they're just as fluid in the stats department as kickers. Tops one year, mediocre the next. Plus, most IDP owners will only draft one LB and not waste a bench spot on a backup. So in a 12-team league, there will be plenty of LB to pick from.

That's it in a nutshell. Not to minimize IDP, but it doesn't have the same type of risk/reward that the offensive playmakers appear to have, IMO.

I agree that the defensive line position is the most important of the 3 IDP players, then DB, then LB, but I honestly don't think it matters with defense as you are guessing anyway. I know that essentially we are guessing which offensive players are going to have a good week also, but it seems that the points offensive players score are more about consistency and matchups and as everybody here knows can be predicted somewhat by those of us that do countless hours of research. But the points defenders score are a lot more luck oriented like interceptions and fumbles forced and fumbles recovered. Even the wonderful and well researched gentlemen of this site can't predict who's coming out of the bottom of a pile with a fumble.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDP

Guys I also think at some point down the road we should do IDP rankings. Does anyone have IDP experience besides Joe and Myself?

Lefty and I both use IDP's in our leagues, so we have some experience with it.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100 percent with you guys about DLs. In my league we start 4 LBS (2 INSIDE and 2 OUTSIDE) so the LBS gets pretty thin. I still think a top DL is worth more than any LB. We also start 3 DL (2 DE and 1 DT) and 4 DB ( 2 SS and 2 CB). A few months back in my 1 year old keeper IDP league I tried to trade AJ Green for Watt. The would not give up Watt for anything so I had to bring out the big guns. Finally he went for it but unfortunately the rest of the league shot the deal down. Though I was giving too much. But I agree a DE like Watt, JPP, or Allen are very advantageous.