• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I apologize. I'm kind of mad at myself that I forgot to include Monkey in the positional. Just so I'm clear, you want the following rankings:
  • consensus 200
  • individual positional
  • consensus positional (I don't recall this being previously discussed?)
I think that I gave you most of this in the spreadsheets last nightfrom those who have contributed (save for Monkey). And because of these 'ad hoc' invitations Foot tosses out there, I've lost track of who actually is contributing. This is what I have received:
  • consensus 200 (Foot, Joe, Barilko, Sam, Lefty)
  • individual positional (same as above)
  • consensus positional (same as above, plus Wil and Ram)
Foot (or someone who is keeping track), please let me know if the above is correct, so I know what I need to provide to Foot.
I may sound bitter or frustrated, but I don't mind compiling this. Really. But it does take time, and this week I probably will not have as much time. (I know I'll probably make some time, but absolutely no promises.) But of course, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT RANKINGS.

Joe - as promised - I'm am in the process of folding Brian's ranks into the overall spreadsheet you sent dated 071313. I can have that back to you by early evening. ..... the rest sounds right to me.
If you need me to do anything more to help out let me know. .....

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot must have a wide ol' monitor, cuz the banners eat up most of the screen.

I think consensus positional is one of the most useful tools we can provide.

And a lot of those avatars will have to change eventually (including mine) for copyright reasons. Better to change now so there's no forced "re-branding" later.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point Wil. I have updated the the top 200 rankings and have installed the position rankings. I took away the interjections like Joe requested and sized it down. Once we get rolling we can start talking about the look and feel more and I can change them at that point. At least now people can come click on the top 200 for their drafts. Then can click on the position rankings to see what's up there.

Now that those are install it won't be as hard to update them on a weekly basis. I still have to focus on each one of our main pages but at least now there is something for the viewer to gauge there draft picks on.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good point Wil. I have updated the the top 200 rankings and have installed the position rankings. I took away the interjections like Joe requested and sized it down. Once we get rolling we can start talking about the look and feel more and I can change them at that point. At least now people can come click on the top 200 for their drafts. Then can click on the position rankings to see what's up there.

Now that those are install it won't be as hard to update them on a weekly basis. I still have to focus on each one of our main pages but at least now there is something for the viewer to gauge there draft picks on.

Great to hear. I was really getting concerned on the amount of work involved to update lists. If it was as much involved as getting them up, we'd only get one or two more in before the season started. .... that's really not a complaint, it's relief ..... Now we just need to define a timeline for update inputs.
BTW - I sent you and Joe one that includes Brian's top 200 ranks, perhaps we can get an update with those rolled in next weekend ?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last thing... on the positional consensus rankings, I'm only providing QB, RB and WR. Don't really want to do K and DST, but I'd be willing to include TE. (Wil, I think I'll need your TE rankings. Can't remember if Ram gave me TE?) Gotta go...

That seems realistic Joe. TE may be one to add but DST's & K's, I vote no - although you do have to have one in most leagues. .... I didn't include a single kicker in my top 200 simply because they are a last round pick anyway. I did have a few DST's but they normally shouldn't be drafted until late as well.
Just my feelings .... but I'll do whatever the consensus calls for.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea lefty, updating will be much easier now cause all I'll have to do is reformat them to fit the template I made. Joe can't do any more than he is doing to make them any more perfect. The way he gets them to me is perfect but I still have to convert them on my end. still now that the main frame is up it will be easier if we want to do weekly updates during the season.

I agree with Wil that weekly position rankings are a major drawl that people will tune in to see on a weekly basis to see where have guys ranks according to the defenses they will compete against.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wil that weekly position rankings are a major draw

I wasn't thinking about weekly position, just consensus position now for draft purposes. I imagine Joe can pull that from people's top 200s. Weekly rankings will be brutal; I'll probably only get in some notable starts/sits and waiver pickups.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine Wil, everyone understands not everyone can do a weekly rankings.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Foot, I find it kinda funny that this is the year most of us have Spiller ranked in the top 10...............and you don't. These are the kind of conversations that would be really cool to have on MWHS with members chipping in with their comments. Can't wait for that.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine Wil, everyone understands not everyone can do a weekly rankings.

Hey Foot, when you say weekly rankings are we talking about like a top 5-10 at each position? Maybe we could say Joe has QB, Lefty has RB or something like that, If we do top 40 at each position I'm gonna have to quit my job............and I actually have time to mess with some of this at work. I can't imagine how Joe finds the time....................we need to ensure that we DO NOT make any promises we can't keep.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And a lot of those avatars will have to change eventually (including mine) for copyright reasons. Better to change now so there's no forced "re-branding" later.

Just what can we use then? I don't really want Wendy O Williams as my spokesperson for fantasy football but not so sure what I can legally use anyway..........................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, so I have another idea......................now remember, I do not know anything about how hard it is to do what you are doing Foot so if this isn't possible then just shine it. What if you were to put "Click here to learn more about MWHS" on the construction banner and when clicked on there is a paragraph or two about us and the site...................and nothing about accuracy pct or how awesome we are at fantasy just how we cam together and how we got the idea for the site................now I don't want to pull you off of positional rankings but when that is finished I think that would be cool.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Foot, when you say weekly rankings are we talking about like a top 5-10 at each position? Maybe we could say Joe has QB, Lefty has RB or something like that, If we do top 40 at each position I'm gonna have to quit my job............and I actually have time to mess with some of this at work. I can't imagine how Joe finds the time....................we need to ensure that we DO NOT make any promises we can't keep.

I'm thinking a lot like you and Wil on this. Once the season starts my time to devote to rankings goes down. I can give weekly updates preseason (for draft purposes), but I'm leaning more towards a 'start/sit' and/or weekly sleeper thing in season. Maybe, just maybe, a top 10 based upon matchup at each position for the week. I honestly couldn't commit to anything more than that.

Also, we have to consider that the way the site is presently setup, Foot will have to post everyone's ranks as well as any articles. That's gonna be a pretty big burden. ... just saying.

BTW - appears your brain is working overtime on the site today. .....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just what can we use then? I don't really want Wendy O Williams as my spokesperson for fantasy football but not so sure what I can legally use anyway..........................

Not sure what to tell you on that. Seems anything that is public domain & not trademarked should be fair game. .... but I'm not a lawyer. .

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a lot like you and Wil on this. Once the season starts my time to devote to rankings goes down. I can give weekly updates preseason (for draft purposes), but I'm leaning more towards a 'start/sit' and/or weekly sleeper thing in season. Maybe, just maybe, a top 10 based upon matchup at each position for the week. I honestly couldn't commit to anything more than that.

Also, we have to consider that the way the site is presently setup, Foot will have to post everyone's ranks as well as any articles. That's gonna be a pretty big burden. ... just saying.

BTW - appears your brain is working overtime on the site today. .....

Kinda funny but I had a conversation with one of the guys in my keeper league the other day. Convo started out with what's up, cant wait for the draft, I'm kicking you ass this year and all that crap. Right when it got to the point of saying later dude, one of us started talking about players. So, we talked about the league for 5 mins, were about to hang up and then extended our conversation by another 15 mins just taking about players...............we need to get some conversation's on that site! Not so much a message board as I'm not sure how good we would be with the set up and such but somewhere to leave comments where we all could answer. BTW, 14k in hits. I would say that's pretty good for a site that's under construction.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I love all your ideas man. I think we should tell the story of how we all meet and came together. i think it would be very interesting. Also, maybe we just do 5 of the top guys we all love that week or heck we just do the 5 at five game. One thing I would really push for is a weekly pick em for gamblers. Cause there are so many gamblers out there. They would love to gauge our picks against the spread each week.

Also let's keep in mind that Rome wasn't built in a day. And trust me - fantasy football is not going anywhere. It's now about 40 million strong and getting stronger each year. So even if it takes us another year to make it perfect that won't be to bad. I mean "lights out" "no joke" perfect! I also want to get that complete gaming system with online daily play that I spoke about.

For now 14,000 hits is tremendous. That means people are checking us out and they are coming back. If we can start writing some cool stories we could end up getting some serious followers. A guy I wished we still talked to was Vern aka hawk. His writing was pretty awesome too.

But the site has started with a bang and is kind of feeding itself. I think if we can update the ranks as much as possible and offer some sort of weekly pick ems, start ems, sit ems we could keep everyone happy and coming back in drones. The fact that we all offer our unique blend of great insight and opinions (not just on fantasy football) and it's all assembled in one place and easy to read makes this site an invaluable tool for all fantasy football players from expert level to just beginner.

Sam as for Spiller, I have him ranked 12the over all and 6th among rbs. I know last year I said Spiller would finish in the top 7. This year I have him 6ht over all. My 2013 Spilers are now Tavon Austin and Colin Kaepernick. I think both could re-write records this year and snap the backs of their opponites.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wil i was sitting on that for a long time and i was waiting to see who would spit it out first
i banked on you or joe....there you have it

my hab bag will be pulled off if and when it is needed

but its a lot scarier underneath

but never as scary as Treff's old spinning avatar..

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I can help with new avatars for you. Although not sure when i can qsueeze them in. I'll have a little time this week so first come first serve. Tomorrow though i am going to work on the site trying to update everyones personal top 200 and home page. Then I have to get everyone's position ranking unless, should I even do that since we are all listed on the connsensus. Maybe i should focus on everyone's personal page. ie Sams spud page, joes blitz etc. ? what you guys think?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys tonight Im I just got swamped but tomorrow thurs and fri night Ill have time. plus the week end. Joe i got you updated excel sheet. You are a special individual! Now I will make the updates possibly tonight and then maybe we could update them again in like two weeks or three cause I would def like to adjust mine all ready but have no time to that. So Ill put up Joe latest creation and then we can one last over hall before the preseason game which by the way is less than three weeks away. :clap:

Any other random thoughts let them be known. You guys know i am always thinking so here is some food for though. It's not my fault I'm a Virgo! Down the road I'd like to do a random thoughts kind of thing like from Saturday night live. Where we come up with a weird but clever thought. I don't know maybe that's too much just throwing out there!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy football related of course.