• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys I can help with new avatars for you. Although not sure when i can qsueeze them in. I'll have a little time this week so first come first serve. Tomorrow though i am going to work on the site trying to update everyones personal top 200 and home page. Then I have to get everyone's position ranking unless, should I even do that since we are all listed on the connsensus. Maybe i should focus on everyone's personal page. ie Sams spud page, joes blitz etc. ? what you guys think?

Foot - on avatars. Just looking it would seem that yours, Joe's, mine, Brian's, & Barkilo's should all be ok. Anyway, I don't plan to change. I have a few ideas for some of the others (ex, Sam = a potato character in a football helmet).

As for what to work on. I personally like the original idea of having our rankings split out and shown on our personal pages - - but considering the 'work' involved to maintain it all (9 personal pages with top 200 and/or positional + consensus top 200 + consensus positional), maybe we, as a group, need to rethink that. Presently, you (and you alone) can post those items and, for now, articles, etc - - that appears to be a heavy burden and may not be manageable with only so many Foot hours to devote.

That said, maybe the personal pages are reserved for articles ("The Way (xxxx) See's It") and our weekly ranks/sleepers (e.g. "Weekly Thoughts", "The Week Ahead"). Also, I don't know what's involved to accomplish this, but it would be nice if we each could access our page to post those items. That would allow you time to manage the top 200, positional, overall site, and your own page.

These are just my random thoughts to help make it work smoother and keep us from getting bogged down or overwhelmed.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a lot like you and Wil on this. Once the season starts my time to devote to rankings goes down. I can give weekly updates preseason (for draft purposes), but I'm leaning more towards a 'start/sit' and/or weekly sleeper thing in season. Maybe, just maybe, a top 10 based upon matchup at each position for the week. I honestly couldn't commit to anything more than that.

When the season starts a start or sit em would be very cool.. especially if we each got to give our thoughts on our pages.. Also i wouldn't mind picking weekly games for the bettors out their..

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also under each persons page I was thinking about a written draft strategy.. Draft strategy's are huge in FF as alot of us know and it varys in the type of league you're joining. ext.. PPR, NON-PPR, FLEX, NON-FLEX, 10man, 12 man, 14 man.. auction or snake

Also my individual rankings I gave are for Non-PPR... PPR rankings for rb,wr,te are different.

Ram Tough

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam as for Spiller, I have him ranked 12the over all and 6th among rbs. I know last year I said Spiller would finish in the top 7. This year I have him 6ht over all. My 2013 Spilers are now Tavon Austin and Colin Kaepernick. I think both could re-write records this year and snap the backs of their opponites.

I like Tavon in a PPR.. in non ppr I think he can be very inconsistent especially if he only has a couple scores this year..(6-7tds) Kaepernick i feel could bottom out this year.. There is alot of hype surrounding him and I have a feeling it's all going to his head.. Without Crabtree who he locks on too I could see him struggling especially vs NFC West Foes... Kaepernick should have atleast 1 or 2 big games but I feel that will be due to his running ability.. IS he going to become turnover prone? we will see...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On avi acceptability: problems are likenesses of anybody who isn't you, anything trademarked (including team logos) and anything created by anybody else who hasn't given permission - unless it was created before 1923. (Copyright exists at the moment of creation - registering a copyright is just a clerical thing.)

Satirical variations are okay. Barilko's avi might slide by as satire, but Joe's probably wouldn't.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also it might be good to move the site to a platform like squarespace or wordpress, so guys can put things in directly, or put stuff up for editing/approval.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot - on avatars. Just looking it would seem that yours, Joe's, mine, Brian's, & Barkilo's should all be ok. Anyway, I don't plan to change. I have a few ideas for some of the others (ex, Sam = a potato character in a football helmet).

As for what to work on. I personally like the original idea of having our rankings split out and shown on our personal pages - - but considering the 'work' involved to maintain it all (9 personal pages with top 200 and/or positional + consensus top 200 + consensus positional), maybe we, as a group, need to rethink that. Presently, you (and you alone) can post those items and, for now, articles, etc - - that appears to be a heavy burden and may not be manageable with only so many Foot hours to devote.

That said, maybe the personal pages are reserved for articles ("The Way (xxxx) See's It") and our weekly ranks/sleepers (e.g. "Weekly Thoughts", "The Week Ahead"). Also, I don't know what's involved to accomplish this, but it would be nice if we each could access our page to post those items. That would allow you time to manage the top 200, positional, overall site, and your own page.

These are just my random thoughts to help make it work smoother and keep us from getting bogged down or overwhelmed.

Lefty perfect thoughts i couldnt agree more:nod:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff guys.

Ram I love those ideas and glad to hear your up for all that, me too.

Will good monitering of the avitars we should get the fixed up. Also we had the site in wordpress but it wasn't what everyone wanted but it did allow each of you to upload to your page.

'm gonnal llok into squarespace and see what that is. In the meantime I am going to ask my programming buddy to se if there is a way to make things so you guys can upload right to your page.

Maybe I can set a central ftp site for us to uplaod from. I am going to call godaddy to see.

I'll keep you guys posted but if can figure that out then it will be great cause you guys can just upload at will. Yahoo!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff guys.

Ram I love those ideas and glad to hear your up for all that, me too.

Will good monitering of the avitars we should get the fixed up. Also we had the site in wordpress but it wasn't what everyone wanted but it did allow each of you to upload to your page.

'm gonnal llok into squarespace and see what that is. In the meantime I am going to ask my programming buddy to se if there is a way to make things so you guys can upload right to your page.

Maybe I can set a central ftp site for us to uplaod from. I am going to call godaddy to see.

I'll keep you guys posted but if can figure that out then it will be great cause you guys can just upload at will. Yahoo!!!

I don't remember ever being able to load my own stuff - always sent it to you. That aside, if the whole thing has to be redone on a new platform, then I say never mind. I hated the way it looked before, and am thrilled with the look of the site now. Also, don't let the above effort detour you from what you have started. .... As stated earlier, for now, WE just need to decide if our own individual rankings (top 200 and/or positional) are going on 'our pages' or not.

Current status of what can be viewed on individual pages is; three (3) of nine (9) top 200 (but some are outdated). One (1) outdated positional that needs reformat, so effectively zero.

The 07-14-13 consensus top 200 is up on the main page, as well as the consensus positional. Both look very good - - but will need to be updated with Joe's latest data.

August 1 is just 16 days away. ... We need to decide now. ... Anyone else want to chime in ? I think we need to vote on this, like now.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe has positional rankings for lots of people, I think. Mine will include comments soon. A little reasoning behind the rankings is useful.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot, I'm LOVING the positional consensus rankings and the way they look! Thank You! If us being able to edit means we go back to the old look, then screw it as I vote no. I would like to know exactly how are we gonna be able to INTERACT with out viewers/members/whatever you want to call them. That was one thing I did like about the old site but again, the look now is sooooo much better. A full blown message board might be a little much but whatever we have to do to get into covo's without going back to the old look. Again, good job Nick................but your rankings suck...............:lol::lol::lol:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol sam ok so i agree too i like this way much better and dont worry i have a way of setting a text box so people can speak with us and we can comment back. also i will install a message boar of a thread type vine that you guys can upload too. i will touch more on this later i have to run out be back later.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
message board or a vine i meant to say but ill work it out with this format, be back later

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, thanks to everyone for the kind words in the emails. Much appreciated. Glad that you all like the consensus rankings (unless you can't open the file).

Second, what to you think if we add a "high" and "low" columns to the consensus rankings? It's very easy to add. And it isn't near as complicated as factoring the averages. Here's a sample using the QB data:

1m90.png

Monkey, did you purposely leave off T.Y. Hilton from your 200? Not that I feel like renumbering and recalculating everything, but it's good to catch it now? You also left off Dalton and Giovani Bernard.

Barilko, you did the same with Finley and DeAngelo. And Foot didn't rank Lacy.

If it was intentional, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, thanks to everyone for the kind words in the emails. Much appreciated. Glad that you all like the consensus rankings (unless you can't open the file).

Second, what to you think if we add a "high" and "low" columns to the consensus rankings? It's very easy to add. And it isn't near as complicated as factoring the averages. Here's a sample using the QB data:

1m90.png

Monkey, did you purposely leave off T.Y. Hilton from your 200? Not that I feel like renumbering and recalculating everything, but it's good to catch it now? You also left off Dalton and Giovani Bernard.

Barilko, you did the same with Finley and DeAngelo. And Foot didn't rank Lacy.

If it was intentional, that's fine. Just wanted to make sure.
That would be bomb for our users.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: I realized the sample has some "high" and "low" errors in it. I wanted to post a picture before I actually corrected the the Excel formulas in the cells.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.... As stated earlier, for now, WE just need to decide if our own
individual rankings (top 200 and/or positional) are going on 'our pages' or not.

Current status of what can be viewed on individual pages is;
three (3) of nine (9) top 200 (but some are outdated). One (1) outdated
positional that needs reformat, so effectively zero.

The 07-14-13 consensus top 200 is up on the main page, as well as the consensus
positional. Both look very good - - but will need to be updated with Joe's
latest data.

August 1 is just 16 days away. ... We need to decide now. ... Anyone else want to chime in ? I think we need to vote on this, like now.

Hmmmm, apparently everyone's chime is broken - - or you just don't see this as an issue worth addressing. That's ok, Lefty's only represent about 12% of the population - and I'm conservative so that's more like 3%. Signing off for the evening. ....

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chiming...

I don't see a huge need for me to have my own ranking page. I feel that the site would satisfy the fantasy fix of plenty of fantasy addicts if we present consensus rankings. I like the 200 (and yes, I'd like to see the latest rankings displayed), and I like the consensus positional rankings (which also need to be posted).

Everything else takes a "bench spot" at this point.