• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, maybe so Sam. We'll have to think about how to do it right if at all. OK guys I am on the job as of now so you can expect updates done through out the day today.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO this will make us sound like tools if not done right..........gotta go................BRB

I'll be a impact wrench. ... kidding, I know what you meant and fully agree. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be a impact wrench. ... kidding, I know what you meant and fully agree. ....
Here is what I would say:

My name is Sam (last name) and I have been playing fantasy football for 17 years now. I started playing in a 12 team, 2 player keeper league and that league is still going strong. About 5 years ago I started looking for other fantasy owners to compare ideas with and came across all of these fine gentlemen on a popular message board. Crazy thing is, we all love the game so much that we have continued talking about players, drafting and stratagy from season's end right through the next season! Last year we decided to take this to the next level and MWHS was born. I am extremely happy to be a part of MWHS and am looking forward to chatting and discussing fantasy with anybody who will listen. I hope you enjoy MWHS as much as I have enjoyed being a part of this new adventure!

IMO that is un-tool like but then again, I did write it! I really think if we go with a statement we should leave out how many leagues we have won, any kind of predictions we made and any self serving type info that will make us sound like, well, tools....................:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Sam about not listing any championships considering you haven't won any yet, ha ha just kidding, just kidding. I love what you wrote, that is perfect. We could even go into detail about how we picked a name in the name bracket game we did.

I'm done with the top 200 rankings and am now going to up load them then do the position rankings.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I would say:

My name is Sam (last name) and I have been playing fantasy football for 17 years now. I started playing in a 12 team, 2 player keeper league and that league is still going strong. About 5 years ago I started looking for other fantasy owners to compare ideas with and came across all of these fine gentlemen on a popular message board. Crazy thing is, we all love the game so much that we have continued talking about players, drafting and stratagy from season's end right through the next season! Last year we decided to take this to the next level and MWHS was born. I am extremely happy to be a part of MWHS and am looking forward to chatting and discussing fantasy with anybody who will listen. I hope you enjoy MWHS as much as I have enjoyed being a part of this new adventure!

IMO that is un-tool like but then again, I did write it! I really think if we go with a statement we should leave out how many leagues we have won, any kind of predictions we made and any self serving type info that will make us sound like, well, tools....................:lol:

Well done Sam - that keeps it more on a personal level. .... maybe we just do a single 'about us' rather than as individuals. We could use most of what you have stated, just reworded some to include all members. .... it does not need to be longer than one, or maybe, two paragraphs (readers bore easily).
BTW - Apparently you remembered rule #1 from my annual Etiquette post.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point Sam about not listing any championships considering you haven't won any yet, ha ha just kidding, just kidding. I love what you wrote, that is perfect. We could even go into detail about how we picked a name in the name bracket game we did.

The name game was pretty cool.................so you agree that we shouldn't talk about 85% accuracy or how many chumpionships we've won or who can piss the farthest right? I'm sure we will hear enough comments from users to figure how we are doing (if that makes sense).:yahoo:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done Sam - that keeps it more on a personal level. .... maybe we just do a single 'about us' rather than as individuals. We could use most of what you have stated, just reworded some to include all members. .... it does not need to be longer than one, or maybe, two paragraphs (readers bore easily).
BTW - Apparently you remembered rule #1 from my annual Etiquette post.
Thanks Lefty, that was hard to type that many words without using any of the 7 words you can't use on T.V. Anyway, I agree it might be better if we just use a blanket statement and hell, somebody else can write it..................that was just an example of what I think we should say. Foot's idea of including the MWHS name "Tourney" is cool too and I wouldn't mind seeing it in the statement but it might make it too long. BTW, this is either a top priority or a "Z" priority; while the site is under construction this might be good to get out there ASAP BUT I would only suggest that if it isn't too time consuming; otherwise, back burner. My chimer is in full force today................:lol:
Wouldn't mind doing something for "The Hoop" when we complete either...........imagine how hard this would be through email?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't mind doing something for "The Hoop" when we complete either...........imagine how hard this would be through email?

Agreed - we should give it some press. .... BTW - I have a draft for the 'about us' page. Will send it via email. Everyone, sharpen your red pencil. I have no pride of ownership. Bleed all over it if you like.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I can't seem to live that 85 percent thing down so all i can is what Bill Belichick or Mike Shanahan would say when trying to advert a topic. "Next question"

Anyway. What is "The hoop"?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way the site has updated position rankings and top 200 rankings. I also updated the Bandit (Lefty's boy) avatar who will for now on be known as Bandit.

Barilko iI know you asked to be moved to the corner spot next to box 109. Do you still want that open spot?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, I can't seem to live that 85 percent thing down so all i can is what Bill Belichick or Mike Shanahan would say when trying to advert a topic. "Next question"

Anyway. What is "The hoop"?
I never mentioned your name..................:whistle:. The Hoop is Sportshoopla.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed - we should give it some press. .... BTW - I have a draft for the 'about us' page. Will send it via email. Everyone, sharpen your red pencil. I have no pride of ownership. Bleed all over it if you like.
I vote post that bad boy today if possible. Do we need everybody to vote or should we just do it? Foot, how hard would it be to post that?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Lefty for getting the ball rolling. I replied with an alternate version in email. Basically it has Lefty's opening and closing, but the middle is as short as Gale Sayers' career (in a good way).

I could have just posted it here?!

BTW: If you don't like my alternate version, I looked up some fortune 500 company "mission statements" and made some fantasy adaptations too. Although some might be a little "cheesy." I'm just in one of those moods, I guess.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Lefty for getting the ball rolling. I replied with an alternate version in email. Basically it has Lefty's opening and closing, but the middle is as short as Gale Sayers' career (in a good way).

I could have just posted it here?!

BTW: If you don't like my alternate version, I looked up some fortune 500 company "mission statements" and made some fantasy adaptations too. Although some might be a little "cheesy." I'm just in one of those moods, I guess.

Joe - I think your submittal fill the need very well. I sent a reply email to that affect .... mine was just a little too wordy.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I usually like short and sweet but believe it or not I like Lefty's better. With that said it is 2-1 Joe and rather than have to have a flippin' vote off that may take 6-8 weeks I would rather just go with Joe's........................hees gust hase to meny bigg werds en et.................both are great though............I'm just pissed that nobody gave me credit for the name dammit...........

BTW, that is a joke. Hahaha.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the creator of the name. Lefty's was awesome, but Joe brought a like he said fortune 500 element to it. I did a little version using both Joe's and Lefty's with a few minor additions. Either way I can post it to the site tomorrow.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with the creator of the name. Lefty's was awesome, but Joe brought a like he said fortune 500 element to it. I did a little version using both Joe's and Lefty's with a few minor additions. Either way I can post it to the site tomorrow.
Dude, I was just joking. We all came up with that name; it belongs to us all. Believe it or not, my wife is kinda pissed about it and that's the best part. :laugh3:I would like to include how we got the name but again, if it doesn't fit you must omit.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty can you give me an update on what is the nest order of business I need to do to the site. I don't know if I'll have as much time to spend on the site tomorrow as i did today but I'll try and do what I can. Just let me know what's next.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Own Version

Apparently nothing gets everybody going like getting to edit a document. I worked on it for an hour after I got Foot's version and emailed it off to everybody in an email and attached as a word document, but I might as well post it here as well. I added a few things and did some combinations on the 3 other versions I had. I posted my version on the top and the edits of the other versions below it:

Welcome, and thanks for visiting My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS)!

We are a diverse group of fantasy football enthusiasts from all across North America whose fantasy experience surpasses 80 years. We have participated in and tackled questions about all types of fantasy leagues – standard, PPR, IDP, keeper, dynasty, snake draft and auction.

From humble beginnings, we came together from across the country (and Canada), forming our own message board, while looking for other fantasy owners to compare ideas, advice, trends, strategies, projections and hypothesized scenarios. We have done battle in several highly competitive leagues under a variety of formats - some of which will be featured here soon. In fact, we all love to talk about and play fantasy football so much that the discussions have continued year-round even through off-seasons. Now this labor of love has continued beyond the fantasy football message boards that brought us together and turned into the forming of this site.

We are extremely happy to be a part of MWHS and look forward to chatting and discussing fantasy football with players of all skill levels. And remember, we are available to help you year round!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome, and thanks for visiting My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS)!

We are a diverse group of fantasy football enthusiasts gathered (this makes is sound like we all live together, no offense but let’s keep it off) from all across North America including Canada (doesn’t make sense to include and I don’t want anybody saying hey what about Mexico, why don’t they have any Mexicans in the league) whose fantasy experience surpasses 80 years. We have participated in and tackled questions about all types of fantasy leagues – standard, PPR, IDP, keeper, dynasty, snake draft and auction. Members range across most age groups. (Nobody cares how old we are, only how knowledgeable)

From humble beginnings, we came together from across the country (and Canada), forming our own message board, while looking for other fantasy owners to compare ideas, advice, trends, strategies, projections and hypothesized scenarios. We have done battle in several highly competitive leagues under a variety of formats - some of which will be featured here soon. (I definitely think this should be included if we are going to start offering leagues on the site so people know that) .Over the next several years we each began posting on a popular message board, and a bond was almost immediately formed. (A little bit too sweet and cozy for me, once again I don’t want everybody to think we have our own little fantasy football fraternity house) Crazy thing is, we all love the game so much that we have continued talking fantasy football from season's end right through the off-season and onto the next season! We never stopped! In fact, we all love to talk about and play fantasy football so much that the discussions have continued year-round even through off-seasons. (I think something should be said about carrying things on during the off-season so people know that if they come on and ask question in April we will respond to it.) Now this labor of love has continued beyond the fantasy football message boards that brought us together and turned into the forming of this site.

How was the name MWHS born, you ask ? Well, in the spirit of competition it came after a hard fought tournament, structured in the same manner as the MARCH MADNESS TOURNAMENT. Names were submitted, bracketed and voted on by the membership as well as others visiting the message board. After about a month of voting, MWHS came out the clear undefeated winner.
(TOO MUCH)

We are extremely happy to be a part of MWHS and look forward to chatting and discussing fantasy football with players of all skill levels. And remember, we are available to help you year round!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent!!!!!