• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll move the "5 at 5" tab over to take the place of the "featured guest" tab so I can put an "About this Site" tab right under the rankings tabs. Then i will create a page with this on it. So long as no one objects. Joe if you want to edit it some more then let it be known.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko iI know you asked to be moved to the corner spot next to box 109. Do you still want that open spot?

sure if it isnt to much work but certainly keep your priorities in check no rush
i figure a corner blitz looks good in the corner

but seriously its your call.......

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you got barilko it's yours I just may not be able to get to it tomorrow but no worrys its yours you just claimed it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty can you give me an update on what is the nest order of business I need to do to the site. I don't know if I'll have as much time to spend on the site tomorrow as i did today but I'll try and do what I can. Just let me know what's next.

Like I've said before, I don't know anything about what is involved - but it appears there is a lot more to do than has been accomplished. One or two items per week (when we add one per week) is not gonna get us there. I fear we will not be ready unless you kick it into overdrive. ....

Priorities & status -

1. Update consensus top 200 (as of
07/19/13). status: done 07-20-13

2. Update consensus positional (as of 07/19/13). status: open

3. Update avatars on homepage (*). status: open

4. Update personal pages: status: open
a. remove top 200 ranks header/link
b. create "Plug 'em In - Get 'em Out" header/link on all.
c. update or create the article header/link on all that need it.
d. remove positional ranks header/links.

5. Add roll-over feature to links. status: open

6. About us link (priority shift? This seems to have gotten a lot of attention). status: open

7. Message board. status: open

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From humble beginnings, we came together from across the country (and Canada), forming our own message board, while looking for other fantasy owners to compare ideas, advice, trends, strategies, projections and hypothesized scenarios.

Bandit/Gabby/Brian,

I like the revisions. But I still think that the beginning of the sentence above (in red) is redundant since we've already established we're from all across North America.

Maybe it's just me, but since this also an "internet" endeavor, there could be individuals from all over the world looking at our content (wrap your head around that one), and perhaps we should leave it a little ambiguous. (Tel vaz hay algunos Mexicanos.)

Nice work too, Lefty. Stay focused Foot!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One note on the top 200. The player name column is too small. Long 'names' run into the 'position' column.

As for the 'about us'. All look pretty good to me, and in the end it becomes a matter of taste. The last from Bandit seemed to blend the strengths of each together pretty well.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bandit/Gabby/Brian,

I like the revisions. But I still think that the beginning of the sentence above (in red) is redundant since we've already established we're from all across North America.

Maybe it's just me, but since this also an "internet" endeavor, there could be individuals from all over the world looking at our content (wrap your head around that one), and perhaps we should leave it a little ambiguous. (Tel vaz hay algunos Mexicanos.)

Good call Joe - - - the revision won't lose anything by deleting that line. I say go with it as suggested by Joe.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Guys I know I am moving at a snale's pace here but I have projects to get out that I have pushing off for customers. AI take this very seriously and am giving it my all but I need to pay some bills so most off my day will be catching up that stuff which sucks cause all I want to be doing is our site.

That said even though it takes time it will all get done and hopefully on time. I will at least try and squeeze putting up the "about us page" but I have something that has to be done TODAY or I will loose money.

I am planning on not moving from my computer today as it is. But next week end I promised myself that the whole week end is My Wife Hats Sunday's week end for heavy lifting and major construction. I also will have some time during the week nightsa as well. So let's have everything ironed out by then the latest. If you guys want to each do a write up on a cool subject I WILL get it on the site somehow by the end of next week end.

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys want to each do a write up on a cool subject I WILL get it on the site somehow by the end of next week end...
Ill give you a write up.. But hopefully my rankings and page will be up by next week.. understand u got alot of work 2 do.. I appreciate everyone's time and effort into this site i hope it eventually pays off down the road

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Guys I know I am moving at a snale's pace here but I have projects to get out that I have pushing off for customers. AI take this very seriously and am giving it my all but I need to pay some bills so most off my day will be catching up that stuff which sucks cause all I want to be doing is our site.

That said even though it takes time it will all get done and hopefully on time. I will at least try and squeeze putting up the "about us page" but I have something that has to be done TODAY or I will loose money.

I am planning on not moving from my computer today as it is. But next week end I promised myself that the whole week end is My Wife Hats Sunday's week end for heavy lifting and major construction. I also will have some time during the week nightsa as well. So let's have everything ironed out by then the latest. If you guys want to each do a write up on a cool subject I WILL get it on the site somehow by the end of next week end.

You are doing fine Foot; slow down and use spell check.................:lol:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Sam!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sam provided the 'good' cop response, now here is the unsugar-coated, 'bad' cop version. .... BTW - Yes, we all understand working on this site is not what pays your bills. So, with that in mind, If this sounds to tough to take, this 'bad' cop can probably be replaced with lower expectations. ....

Yes you are. After a very, very admirable start, I am starting to lose faith that it will ever be more than it is by season start.
Hopefully on time? Please spend less time telling us why not and get to doing. If it is not doable, then don't advertise an August 1 date.
Apparently the priorities have shifted ?.
Maybe I'm wrong but I do believe we have heard this before.
I don't think there is anything left to iron out except getting it done.
Again, not a priority until all else is DONE.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok First I'd like to say that I am very happy all of you are on board. Very happy! I am also very happy you are all eager to have this site complete by the season start. The fact is I just don't have the time to get it done as quickly as some of you are hoping.

That said I all ready feel like I have not had a day off since we picked this site back up. I am honestly starting to get burnt out. And my "real work" is really starting to suffer. Yes this work is just "fun" for now. Sorry guys but that's what it is for now. Maybe and hopefully with all fingers crossed one day in the near future it will pay bills, for all of us.

I think we all need to hamper all of our expectations and look at this as more of a marathon and not so much a sprint. Sam's words were very much appreciated and very much needed. I thank you Sam. The bad cop's comments not so much as I don't know why I would be answering to cop anyway since I have never intentionally harmed anyone not even a fly let alone ever committed a crime. Is there a chance we don't get this all done by kick off. Yes, there is that chance but I will try very hard to do what I can. I spent a lot time making sure i got the two rankings pages updated so no one complain.

The important thing to remember is even if it takes us till next year's kick off and probably will to have it the way I envision at least we are headed in the right direction. If you are not happy with the progress for now all I can say is hang in there Rome was not built in a day. At least we have some rankings and some other stuff that will keep people interested and coming back.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok First I'd like to say that I am very happy all of you are on board. Very happy! I am also very happy you are all eager to have this site complete by the season start. The fact is I just don't have the time to get it done as quickly as some of you are hoping.

That said I all ready feel like I have not had a day off since we picked this site back up. I am honestly starting to get burnt out. And my "real work" is really starting to suffer. Yes this work is just "fun" for now. Sorry guys but that's what it is for now. Maybe and hopefully with all fingers crossed one day in the near future it will pay bills, for all of us.

I think we all need to hamper all of our expectations and look at this as more of a marathon and not so much a sprint. Sam's words were very much appreciated and very much needed. I thank you Sam. The bad cop's comments not so much as I don't know why I would be answering to cop anyway since I have never intentionally harmed anyone not even a fly let alone ever committed a crime. Is there a chance we don't get this all done by kick off. Yes, there is that chance but I will try very hard to do what I can. I spent a lot time making sure i got the two rankings pages updated so no one complain.

The important thing to remember is even if it takes us till next year's kick off and probably will to have it the way I envision at least we are headed in the right direction. If you are not happy with the progress for now all I can say is hang in there Rome was not built in a day. At least we have some rankings and some other stuff that will keep people interested and coming back.

Hey, I always seem to be the guy that makes more work for you so..........forget the mission statement for now. I honestly thought it would be like a 5 minute job but again I have no freaking clue how much work goes into this. I thought/think all you have to do is type shit into a dealy-bob and it comes out of the hoochie-maguchee.........obviously that is not the case. So, no matter what just stay the course and click off each task in order. The site looks good Foot and it seems like we/you are almost there. I think our frustration is the fact that we are all just sitting here waiting and can't help (that's not at all taking away what Joe has done so far to help; those rankings look pretty damn sweet IMO).

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deleting Canada

Bandit/Gabby/Brian,

I am completely fine with deleting Canada. :lol:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a la Lefty fashion...

Hey, I always seem to be the guy that makes more work for you so..........forget the mission statement for now. I honestly thought it would be like a 5 minute job but again I have no freaking clue how much work goes into this. I thought/think all you have to do is type #%&@ into a dealy-bob and it comes out of the hoochie-maguchee.........obviously that is not the case. So, no matter what just stay the course and click off each task in order. The site looks good Foot and it seems like we/you are almost there. I think our frustration is the fact that we are all just sitting here waiting and can't help (that's not at all taking away what Joe has done so far to help; those rankings look pretty damn sweet IMO).

Good advice Mr. "Can't Decide My Avitar."
This was actually funny. But you're also the king of typing endless dealy-bob and the resulting hoochie-maguchee.
Not necessarily. Happy the direction it is taking. But it seems like before certain pages are "finalized" he goes off to do something else, or decides to send a "why I can't do it" post, or email.
As Tom Petty sang, "The waiting is the hardest part."

Joe of Attempted Humor

P.S. Maybe our mission statement should just be the "Golden Mountain" story?
P.S.S. Ignore that and just stay the course.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK then, it appears I have nothing more to add to the discussions on this board since it will be taken literally and do nothing but trigger wasted time (better spent on other things) on responses back and forth. The 'priorities' are documented several times on this board, use as you feel appropriate.

And BTW - the good cop, bad cop thing is called a metaphor - it has nothing to do with real law enforcement.

Someone send me a private message when the next update of rankings are due.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK then, it appears I have nothing more to add to the discussions on this board since it will be taken literally and do nothing but trigger wasted time (better spent on other things) on responses back and forth. The 'priorities' are documented several times on this board, use as you feel appropriate.

And BTW - the good cop, bad cop thing is called a metaphor - it has nothing to do with real law enforcement.

Someone send me a private message when the next update of rankings are due.

Lefty,

I understand you want to keep on me to do the work, I get it and that's fine. And I know you are not trying to tell me how i should spend my time even though that is kind of how it sounds in your last statement. But saying you have nothing left to say and someone should private message you I'm not sure what to say. I spent a lot of time yesterday insuring I would get done the rankings because I promised. It took a large part of my day off to accomplish. And instead of getting appreciation (which I'm not asking for) I feel like I'm getting a tongue lashing for my efforts. Truth is I have been feeling sooo much pressure from this site to not let any of you guys down because I am afraid I'll get bad mouthed if i do. This stuff is not easy. You can't just post stuff like we do here. If it were that easy I'd have it done all ready.

If you have something else in mind maybe if you think it should be done that fast maybe we should consider hiring a full time web guy. What ever you want to do you know I am the most easy going guy in the world so i will agree with what ever you want to do.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys I just updated the "ABOUT US " button and page. And updated the center field so there is no date yet for when the other info is coming out. I think that was a concern for some. Now I have to get some other things done.