• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you ever see the Saturday Night Live bit "Baby Names" with Nicholas Cage, where he's sitting with his pregnant wife discussing possible baby names? Basically Cage finds a way to make fun of every single name that they can come up with because (I won't spoil the ending), well, kids are mean.

You can watch it here on Hulu or here on NBC.

I share this, Foot, because while the "Fantasy Psychic" title might sound cool now. People are mean, it can quickly turn to "Fantasy Psycho" real quick.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the Hit counter has really slowed down. Users must have gotten all they can get so far........

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I noticed that too Sam. Hopefully it will pick up again. The email I sent everyone explains what i was doing to draw some viewers I have since not been able to keep that up. That could be part of the reason. Either way i'm not worried. When the site is a full go i am going to invest in some serious marketing strategies that will light up the hit counter like a pinball game.

Joe my favorite saturday night live skit was "debbie downer"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YVOcSSCfWA]Snl Debbie Downer - YouTube[/ame]

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which one I should post so I'll post both....................

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I updated the positon rankings they should be good.

I also updated sams avi

Im now going to attempt to do Rams, Wil, Monks, and Bandits home pages.

Still to do list
* Update personal pages:
a. remove top 200 ranks header/link
b. create "Plug 'em In - Get 'emOut" header/link on all.
c. update or create the articleheader/link on all that need it.
d. remove positional ranks header/links.

* Add roll-over feature to links.

* Create message board.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I made some good progress. Check out Sam's, Rams, and bandits home pages and let me if you guys like them. Then i can make all of ours like that. The way that is will make it much easier for me to upload storys, ideas, even personal rankings and plug em and plays all in a neat fashion. it won't be as fansy looking but it will satisfy the more eager memebrs who like getting things up quicker. this format will allow for a much quicker turn around time.

Hope you guys like let me know.

Also I need wills favorite team and monkeys too.

I can just add the plug em in or pull em out section right to each memembers site once the submit it. I am goint to try and set up text boxes so you guys can upload right to your pages and so can every day droppers byers.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I made some good progress. Check out Sam's, Rams, and bandits home pages and let me if you guys like them. Then i can make all of ours like that. The way that is will make it much easier for me to upload storys, ideas, even personal rankings and plug em and plays all in a neat fashion. it won't be as fansy looking but it will satisfy the more eager memebrs who like getting things up quicker. this format will allow for a much quicker turn around time.

I can just add the plug em in or pull em out section right to each memembers site once the submit it. I am goint to try and set up text boxes so you guys can upload right to your pages and so can every day droppers byers.
Monkey is a Ram's fan and Will doesn't have one (not to speak for you guys but I remember). If Will wants to be a Ram fan we will take him though. As far as progress, not sure why you wouldn't just work left to right; nobody will give you crap for doing yours first if that's why you did mine, Monkey's and B's first..................

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok guys I updated the positon rankings they should be good.

I also updated sams avi

Im now going to attempt to do Rams, Wil, Monks, and Bandits home pages.

Still to do list
* Update personal pages:
a. remove top 200 ranks header/link
b. create "Plug 'em In - Get 'emOut" header/link on all.
c. update or create the articleheader/link on all that need it.
d. remove positional ranks header/links.

* Add roll-over feature to links.

* Create message board.

The name column is not big enough .... some long names still run into the 'team' column as noted previously. Also, not a big deal but the date on the homepage still shows as 07-20-13 not 07-22-13.

Had to refresh but yes, this one is done.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Lefty, I'm at work and this puter sucks..............are my personal rankings still there when you look at my page?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK, I follow where you are going. The change gets rid of the need for you to update ranking pages for each person - - since we are all on the 'consensus' ranks anyway. I do believe that was agreeable to the majority. I think everyone will be completely satisfied if a 'sort by ranker' feature is included on the consensus. We've discussed it before. I'll add that to the list.

As such, I'm fine with the change. .... you can go for it on mine.

That would be great. ...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks left. And yes Sam i removed the rankings from our home pages. i can add them in plain old text like and I plan to add each and everyone of your stories/posts. I wanted to get Rams and bandits up that why i started there you just snuck in there first some how. I have been working on the rest of the gang's home pages now.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks left. And yes Sam i removed the rankings from our home pages. i can add them in plain old text like and I plan to add each and everyone of your stories/posts. I wanted to get Rams and bandits up that why i started there you just snuck in there first some how. I have been working on the rest of the gang's home pages now.

OK....................

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK guys I updated Leftys and barilkos i get to Mine and joes tomorrow.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great work Sir Foot

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a thought and feel free to ignore it, but if you're site has a small logo I could put it on statchat.com forum or another page on the site if you'd like to reach fantasy fans since that is what statchat is geared towards.

Take it easy,

-DUB-

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DUB let me get back to you on that one.

Guys I updated Joe's and mine site.

lefty i will fix the players over lap as soon as i can. With all the injurys (can't remember that many in the first week) some of us may want to do an update.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid we have to do updates to keep the site relevant. I suggest scheduled updates, i.e. "Next updates coming Aug. 3" or something... as long as we deliver.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm afraid we have to do updates to keep the site relevant. I suggest scheduled updates, i.e. "Next updates coming Aug. 3" or something... as long as we deliver.

i couldn't agree any more Good call Wil

either we are able to update with some type of access

or we can supply the info so that you can update (as long as it isn't a ridiculous amount of work to do so)

already serious changes needed with Maclin-Harvin-Pitta injuries.....