• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks awesome, Nick. I agree with Lefty, that you should shrink the banner (significantly). To be honest, I think you should shrink the size of the 200 list as well. Just a little.

Thinking ahead, it'll have to be smaller in size if you want to fit all of those advertisments on the right of the page!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice editing Lefty and I will make the fixes and recommendations you pointed out when i update Ram's and Scape's and who ever else comes in to the list. 7,000 plus hits, Shocked but just shows we are drawling interest. I'm not sure how many of them where followers from the past year but I am sure most of them have come from SportsHoopla. I am going to try and find a way to do something nice for SportsHoopla. I am planning on installing a message boards on our site but that won't compete with SportsHoopla because it will be purley fantasy football and nothing else. No NBA NHL not even NFL just NFL fantasy football. But I'm gonna find a way to thank hammer for letting us have the thread!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Joe I will make those changes when I update the tardy gentlmen of our group's rankings.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, one other thing. I noticed in the 200 ranking, towards the bottom, the chart is displaying a rank of "201" in certain spots. That 201 ranking are for unranked players and is supposed to be invisible used solely for calculation/averaging. (I had the text formatted in white to blend in with the white background.)

Something to fix later.

Once again, real nice, Foot!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys I sent you all an email check it when you get a chance.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys it is time to move along with this thing or werisk missing the boat. I would like tosuggest that we establish a due date for all initial ranking (top 200 and/orpositional) as of July 13 with a fully loaded (rankings) site of July 22 inmind. I honestly have no idea how muchwork is involved to attaining that goal, but it's my opinion that if we dragthis thing out beyond that we risk losing the leagues that draft in earlyAugust. With that said, late comerscould be folded into the mix on an 'as Foot/Joe time allows' bases (i.e. noguarantee of inclusion before the season starts).

If that is agreeable to all, then lets get on with it. Joe - are you willing to fold in any newrankers received this week into the consensus and get the update to Foot ? Foot - if everything is in to you by the 13thcan you make the 22nd ?

Final thought, should we put something to that affect on theMBBRL thread or just roll with what we get from here?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting - cut & paste from Word messes up some of the spacing. .....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright guys it is time to move along with this thing or werisk missing the boat. I would like tosuggest that we establish a due date for all initial ranking (top 200 and/orpositional) as of July 13 with a fully loaded (rankings) site of July 22 inmind. I honestly have no idea how muchwork is involved to attaining that goal, but it's my opinion that if we dragthis thing out beyond that we risk losing the leagues that draft in earlyAugust. With that said, late comerscould be folded into the mix on an 'as Foot/Joe time allows' bases (i.e. noguarantee of inclusion before the season starts).

If that is agreeable to all, then lets get on with it. Joe - are you willing to fold in any newrankers received this week into the consensus and get the update to Foot ? Foot - if everything is in to you by the 13thcan you make the 22nd ?

Final thought, should we put something to that affect on theMBBRL thread or just roll with what we get from here?
I'm good; will have positional rankings to Foot by Thursday 11:59 PM mountain. I can have them to him tonight but I want to fart around with it a little bit first. Foot, if you want my QB rankings now that I can do (you should have them on the original spreadsheet I sent).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind plugging new rankings in. I updated my 200 anyway. (It's always a work in progress.)

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't have to do positional rankings if you have your top 200. The Excel file allows to filter each position. If a certain position seems thin and you want to add to that list, then obviously you'll need to add more players. Otherwise, why create more work?

A deadline is a good idea. But wasn't July 4 a deadline?

I appreciate everything Foot is doing and I wish I could help with the coding. (I have no idea how labor-intensive that might be.) But I think everyone will feel more comfortable once we see MORE tangible results on the site.

Not to be rude, but hurry up! Tannehill will be retired soon.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shouldn't have to do positional rankings if you have your top 200. The Excel file allows to filter each position. If a certain position seems thin and you want to add to that list, then obviously you'll need to add more players. Otherwise, why create more work?

A deadline is a good idea. But wasn't July 4 a deadline?

I appreciate everything Foot is doing and I wish I could help with the coding. (I have no idea how labor-intensive that might be.) But I think everyone will feel more comfortable once we see MORE tangible results on the site.

Not to be rude, but hurry up! Tannehill will be retired soon.

--------------
1. Good point on the overall/positional, I just thought there were a couple of guys that were only providing positional ranks.

2. Yes sir I do believe July 4 was the goal - - but apparently too difficult to achieve. ....

3. Yep - gotta agree on that. .......

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam you can get them to me by the weekend. Guys like I was telling Lefty in a instant message. This stuff takes time especially to make it look nice. I will try and meet these deadlines but i also have work and then I have a bunch of side projects that people will actually be paying me to do. I can't promise to get everything up at a certain time. All i can say is that every chance I get I will do as much work as I can to have this site up and running by July 22. I couldn't get mine and Sams personal 200 up in time. I would like to do the consensus positional rankings next because i think people would rather look at our combined consensus 200 and position rankings rather that clicking each one of our personal pages to see them one at a time.

After I get the consensus top 200 (with Ram and Scape and whomever else puts them in i think we should have me do the position rankings and like Joe said i can pretty much just get them from the top 200 list. I think i could fidgure out excel now enough to do that but if not maybe joe would do it for us.

Either I hope you guys know I have been working hard to get this where it is now and i will work even harder to get it perfect. It just may not be before the July 22 deadline. If I can atleast have the consensus top 200 and the consensus rankings then I think drafters will really appreciate that.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe me I wish I could spend 40 hours a week on our site and maybe one day I'll be able to so I can quit my job but for now someone has to put food on the table.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam you can get them to me by the weekend. Guys like I was telling Lefty in a instant message. This stuff takes time especially to make it look nice. I will try and meet these deadlines but i also have work and then I have a bunch of side projects that people will actually be paying me to do. I can't promise to get everything up at a certain time. All i can say is that every chance I get I will do as much work as I can to have this site up and running by July 22. I couldn't get mine and Sams personal 200 up in time. I would like to do the consensus positional rankings next because i think people would rather look at our combined consensus 200 and position rankings rather that clicking each one of our personal pages to see them one at a time.

After I get the consensus top 200 (with Ram and Scape and whomever else puts them in i think we should have me do the position rankings and like Joe said i can pretty much just get them from the top 200 list. I think i could fidgure out excel now enough to do that but if not maybe joe would do it for us.

Either I hope you guys know I have been working hard to get this where it is now and i will work even harder to get it perfect. It just may not be before the July 22 deadline. If I can atleast have the consensus top 200 and the consensus rankings then I think drafters will really appreciate that.

OK then, understood, I'm over discussing it. ..... do what you can whenever.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you guys all agree that i should focus on the consensus position rankings this week end or do you think I should focus on something else. if so let it be known what.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My vote:

1) Consensus rankings.
2) Commenting on the consensus rankings (if that's on your to-do list).

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
believe me I wish I could spend 40 hours a week on our site and maybe one day I'll be able to so I can quit my job but for now someone has to put food on the table.
Lol.................when I read this I envisioned Foot in a coon-skin hat with a Kentucky Long Rifle hunting varments in the wilderness.................:laugh3:

My 2 cents..............work on the positional rankings. Would love to see my page finished but users will use the consensus positional rankings before they'll use anything on my page. I won't have time to put comments but I think we have come to the agreement that comments are secondary. Happy hunting Foot.:hungry:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha Sam, sorry to disappoint you but actually i have never shot a gun in my life and I don't have any desire to do so in the future. I agree with you and Joe so unless someone objects I will deploy the position rankings and I'll add Ram's to the top 200 con.

Joe just encase if it is not too much trouble do you think you could redo the list by positions and add Ram's and whomever else's ranks to the top 200 excell sheet and get it to me by Sat. I am all for putting comments as I know for myself I love reading as many comments as i can to gain as many different perceptions as possible. I just won't be able to comment on mine till I get the site perfect.

Sounds good guys.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say now "go team on 3"!

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can add Ram's but I need his list.

As for the "comments" I was referring to "user" or "visitor" comments. Would be a nice gauge to see what the visiting public is thinking so we can tailor to the site a little.

If you have no time to set "commenting" up, then let's move on to positional rankings.

And yes, if/when I get Ram's, I'll try to help you out by sorting and filtering the data, like I did with the MBBRL QB rankings.