• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can add Ram's but I need his list.

As for the "comments" I was referring to "user" or "visitor" comments. Would be a nice gauge to see what the visiting public is thinking so we can tailor to the site a little.

If you have no time to set "commenting" up, then let's move on to positional rankings.

And yes, if/when I get Ram's, I'll try to help you out by sorting and filtering the data, like I did with the MBBRL QB rankings.

Joe - I have some updates to my previous input. I will get them to you and Foot tomorrow morning.
Good thought on the comments from users - - a little feedback is a good thing - but can come after we actually have a product for them to comment on. ....

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes, if/when I get Ram's, I'll try to help you out by sorting and filtering the data, like I did with the MBBRL QB rankings.

I should have them done by tomorrow or Friday at the latest. JUst taking awhile putting them on to excel and critiquing rankings... ALso this is just volume 1... i hope to put out my updated list mid August

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe good that's a really good idea. Maybe I I should get the message boards up this week end so we can see what people think. Then I should still have time to install the psotion rankings. At least the consensus ones.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to create more work for you Foot, but I strongly recommend that you put some sort of statement on the site that captures the following idea:

"Thank you for visiting. Site under construction. Our goal is to be ready by the NFL preseason."

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Visitors may not know that improvements are in the works. They may conclude that it wasn't what they expected, and not bother returning. Ya know?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point maybe I should list some of the features we have planned as well. let me know what you guys think. If you have any ides what to list as features let in be known and i will put into a neat design package so they know to come back and what to exspect. Should I list the 5 at 5 game otherwise know as "the foot's challenge" or no?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to generate a lot of excitement and interest when we did it way back when. I was thinking of offering a free t-shirt for the weeks top 5 players as well. Thoughts?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to create more work for you Foot, but I strongly recommend that you put some sort of statement on the site that captures the following idea:

"Thank you for visiting. Site under construction. Our goal is to be ready by the NFL preseason."

Very Smart joe Very smart:agree:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point maybe I should list some of the features we have planned as well. let me know what you guys think. If you have any ides what to list as features let in be known and i will put into a neat design package so they know to come back and what to exspect. Should I list the 5 at 5 game otherwise know as "the foot's challenge" or no?

I don't know exactly what the '5 at 5' is so I can't comment on that. ... listing coming features is valid but we need to make sure whatever is listed, actually happens. No 'pipe dreams'. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed to generate a lot of excitement and interest when we did it way back when. I was thinking of offering a free t-shirt for the weeks top 5 players as well. Thoughts?

I think I would just list the top three on that page for now. .... just my opinion.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know exactly what the '5 at 5' is so I can't comment on that. ... listing coming features is valid but we need to make sure whatever is listed, actually happens. No 'pipe dreams'. ....

This was the made up game that we played on cbs message boards a few seasons ago. It is where you pick the top 5 players at QB, RB, WR, TE, DST (I think DST, and not K) for the week, and then you are scored according to how close your guesses are to actual results.

I dont exactly remember how it was scored, but if you picked Peyton Manning to be the #1 QB for a certain week, and he was the #3, that corresponded to a value. At the end, you are scored based off of how closely your top 5 guys finish to spots you predicted them to finish in the top 5.

New picks every week.

I think Wil had the scoring system down.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes monkey that's exactly right and if you picked a guy like Troy Smith who was ranked very low and he did well you would get huge points. Wil had a scoring system but after I get the site complete hopefully I'll have time to configure a system that works or maybe Wil can chime in.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking of offering a free t-shirt for the weeks top 5 players as well. Thoughts?

Just get crackin' on the code, buddy. Times a wastin'. If you want to get rid of a T-shirt send me one.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the made up game that we played on cbs message boards a few seasons ago. It is where you pick the top 5 players at QB, RB, WR, TE, DST (I think DST, and not K) for the week, and then you are scored according to how close your guesses are to actual results.

I dont exactly remember how it was scored, but if you picked Peyton Manning to be the #1 QB for a certain week, and he was the #3, that corresponded to a value. At the end, you are scored based off of how closely your top 5 guys finish to spots you predicted them to finish in the top 5.

New picks every week.

I think Wil had the scoring system down.
Actually we picked the top 10........................honestly I don't give much of a rats ass either way; think we need to get the rankings up before anything! The game was fun and will honestly draw a shit ton of interest IMO but for hell sakes, we won't even be able to test it until the first Thursday after Labor Day which is like 50 days away. Not trying to be a Richard Foot, but you have worked so flippin' hard on this that I would hate to see it go to poopy-poop. Stay focused. Feel the force. Just get the rankings going. For inspiration:

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm focused guys I just have a lot of ideas. I am starting to feel like that guy that everyone only lets hang out with them because he has a cool, new basketball. By the way I have a meeting with a company on Saturday morning about a project they need designed and suppositly it if NFL fantasy football related. Can't wait to see what that's about! Should be home by noon and then I plan on working through the night burning the midnight oil on our site! :nod:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm focused guys I just have a lot of ideas. I am starting to feel like that guy that everyone only lets hang out with them because he has a cool, new basketball. By the way I have a meeting with a company on Saturday morning about a project they need designed and suppositly it if NFL fantasy football related. Can't wait to see what that's about! Should be home by noon and then I plan on working through the night burning the midnight oil on our site! :nod:

That's not true Foot. You offered to let us back in and we decided to give it another shot. All I/we are asking is that you get one thing at a time finished before you move on to the next. I don't know a damn thing about building a website so I have absolutely no idea what you are going through. With that said I would love to be able to help put in the rankings and such but there is no way for me to be able to do that. So, relax, drink a beer, take a breath, go catch a varmint in your coon skin socks, er, hat (lol) and do what you gotta do. You have done a good/great job so far!:suds:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not true Foot. You offered to let us back in and we decided to give it another shot. All I/we are asking is that you get one thing at a time finished before you move on to the next. I don't know a damn thing about building a website so I have absolutely no idea what you are going through. With that said I would love to be able to help put in the rankings and such but there is no way for me to be able to do that. So, relax, drink a beer, take a breath, go catch a varmint in your coon skin socks, er, hat (lol) and do what you gotta do. You have done a good/great job so far!:suds:

Well said Sam, ditto the feeling here ...... we're not 'helping' with input, rankings and ideas to ride on coat-tails.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, just got a lot of stuff going on. I didn't mean my comment in any other way than comical I guess it sounded that way. I know you guys are working hard on this too. No worries. Guys not to change the subject but I need some trade in put. I'm in an IDP keeper league as you know and I was thinking of offering MJD for Sean Lee. Lee will be the lonesome lb in a 4 3 defence. Any thought, Joe I'm looking at you especially cause I know you know idp.