• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or what and Lamar Miller for MJD! Keep in mind its a keeper league and Millier is only 21

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't do IDP but a low end RB2 with mucho upside seems like a lot for a LB. I know it's a keeper but still think that's giving up too much. Yeah, Joe and Lefty might have a better answer for you.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, we need to make sure we all agree on the number of players per position. Have we discussed this yet?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot, I've told you a million times, as good as some IDP may be (or in this case, "keeper" worthy), you're always better off leaning toward the offensive guys.

If you had a J.J. Watt or a JPP, I would give them consideration, but someone unexpected always steps up in IDP. Not to mention that IDP may only fill 2 or 3 positions (DL, LB and DB). Where as most fantasy teams need 2RB, 3WR, etc, so the talent value (of offensive stars) takes a hit. Not usually the case with IDP.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, we need to make sure we all agree on the number of players per position. Have we discussed this yet?

It has been brought up several times but seems to be unresolved. I just went at it this way; the number of QB's, RB's, WR's was basically what fell out from my overall. TE's, DST's & K's I went 20 deep. I believe I ended up with 26 QB's, 71 RB's and 73 WR's from my overall.

In a 12 team league with a standard lineup of 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1DST and 1K. That's probably plenty. Maybe 75-80 WR's is justified.

I'm sure the consensus positional will yield higher numbers.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now guys just so i understand correctly. You guys want me to set up a message board system first so people can give there feed back and so we can post on there, is that right? Then the consensus postion rankings. If that is wrong please let me know what order you want things done in.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now guys just so i understand correctly. You guys want me to set up a message board system first so people can give there feed back and so we can post on there, is that right? Then the consensus postion rankings. If that is wrong please let me know what order you want things done in.

That would NOT be my vote.

I'd vote this priority;
1. Consensus rankings (overall updated and positional).
2. Individual pages (Sam, Foot, Ram, Monkey?, Wil?) that are not 'done'.
3. Message board. I rank it last because we need a somewhat finished product before entertaining input from viewers - otherwise what are they commenting on ? We could comment but it would all be the same stuff we are doing here right now and I don't think we necessarily want our readers exposed to this type discussion.

Also, the top level message Joe requested. I would think that should be worked in very soon. I know nothing about web design but it would seem that's an easy task compared to the others.

BTW - once the rankings and individual pages are setup, how difficult is it to revise rankings ?

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd vote this priority;
3. Message board. I rank it last because we need a somewhat finished product before entertaining input from viewers - otherwise what are they commenting on ? We could comment but it would all be the same stuff we are doing here right now and I don't think we necessarily want our readers exposed to this type discussion.

Also, the top level message Joe requested. I would think that should be worked in very soon. I know nothing about web design but it would seem that's an easy task compared to the others.

BTW - once the rankings and individual pages are setup, how difficult is it to revise rankings ?[/QUOT

That looks right to me? I think you confused message board with an under construction message.....now I have to go and wont be online all day.........by all means, if there is something to vote on today and I'm not here, well tough poopies for me..............I will be happy with whatever you fine gents come up with. Now it's off to City of Rocks..............

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd vote this priority;

BTW - once the rankings and individual pages are setup, how difficult is it to revise rankings ?

Hi Foot i agree with
Lefty and Sam this appears to be the way to line it up i couldn't agree more

and again Thanks...

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot, which website builder are you using?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree about the consensus/MHWS priorities.

Just a note that if anyone wants to update their top 200, get it to me asap.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok great guys. I will do that in that order. Lefty once all the rankings are up it's still somewhat time consuming not so much difficult to update but much easier than now when everything is all over the place. Will the site so far is done in HTML script. i plan on importing flash files (which are animated) to do the vibrating football board. Which by the way after my suggestion i seen a skit with an animated peyton manning and he was in the form of a vibrating football piece vibrating down the field. Coincidence?Probably, but for now on I am emailing you guys my new ideas and in fact check your emails in five minutes. Because I AM GONNA SEND YOU SOMETHING IN 5 MINS.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can I make another request related to the top 200? Can we lose the header/banner? The massive thing that says "Fiddlesticks, Ouch, Well that's that," etc.

Hate to sound like a sourpuss, but I think that a classic, no-frills type of ranking will be more professional, if we want to be taken seriously. If I'm alone on this, then I'll yield to the majority.

If I'm being too bossy, let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe I like the way you asked that question and we can certainly put it to a vote. I am not married to it one way or another so i will let the guys decide if they agree with you or not it's fine with me either way all though I like giving people frills.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is great is we all have so many talented view points from guys who love this game that if the majority likes something chances are so will the fantasy world.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like a lot of the regulars on the SeeBS fantasy football board made it here. It's about time I start thinking about my draft. Usually have my player lists put together by now. I'm slacking this summer!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen - I have recruited another 'expert' for our site. I can assure you that he is extremely knowledgeable, writes very well, and will be a valuable asset. Now, I may be a tad biased since it is my son, Brian. It was he that got me involved in fantasy years ago. ....

I've sent him the link to this board and told him to submit a brief synopsis of his accomplishments. He was very active on CBS and has a number of their league championships under his belt.
Anyway, he already has 1 vote. ....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second the motion Lefty.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Joe - Can I make another request related to the top 200? Can we lose the
header/banner? The massive thing that says "Fiddlesticks, Ouch, Well that's
that," etc.

Hate to sound like a sourpuss, but I think that a classic,
no-frills type of ranking will be more professional, if we want to be taken
seriously. If I'm alone on this, then I'll yield to the majority.

If I'm being too bossy, let me know

Joe I like the way you asked that question and we can certainly put it to a vote. I am not married to it one way or another so i will let the guys decide if they agree with you or not it's fine with me either way all though I like giving people frills.

I believe we both made the suggestion to tone it down after it was first done. I don't necessarily mind it being there, but it needs to be reduced way down so the rankings will begin to show on a standard monitor. In the end, go is probably the cleanest way, massive size reduction is the alternative. ....