• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I would say you and Joe should have choice of spot if anybody cares.

I don't care either. Appreciate it though.

Look, don't let my involvement with the top 200 rankings fool you. I just happen to have the time NOW. My time, ant therefore my involvement, may be more of an issue as football season is in full swing. (Which is another reason I'm trying to limit my leagues too.)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty they should have been removed. Yo may have to refresh your browser. I am for right now gonna get everyone top 200 up and hopefully the concensious ranking IF Ram and Monkey want to be part it for this week ILL need those included in an updated excel from from you Joe if posible. if not this week I will just put up what we so far then updated with Ram's and Monk's and whomever elses next week end. Once everyones top 200 hundred is up. i'll do the position rankings so we can start thinking of other things.

By the way barilko your stats are up now buddy, hope you like!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care either. Appreciate it though.

Look, don't let my involvement with the top 200 rankings fool you. I just happen to have the time NOW. My time, ant therefore my involvement, may be more of an issue as football season is in full swing. (Which is another reason I'm trying to limit my leagues too.)

Joe - perhaps I'm wrong on this but I assumed the top 200 as a draft tool. I wouldn't think we would be updating it after the Labor Day weekend. After that, we would only be updating our individual positional ranks or post something like a start/sit list.
Speak up guys if I'm off-base. .... I do speak from the Lefty-side which only accounts for about 15% of the population.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the position rankings are all we should do during the season too. You're right noone is gonna really need an updated top 200 list after the draft. they will in my opinion just want to see how the position ranks out so they can determine who to start.

Joe/Sam - i looked in my email and can't seem to find Sam's top 200. i see his position rankings only. Can one of you guys email me them. i am gonna eat something and then get Sam' and mine top 200 up.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty they should have been removed. Yo may have to refresh your browser. I am for right now gonna get everyone top 200 up and hopefully the concensious ranking IF Ram and Monkey want to be part it for this week ILL need those included in an updated excel from from you Joe if posible. if not this week I will just put up what we so far then updated with Ram's and Monk's and whomever elses next week end. Once everyones top 200 hundred is up. i'll do the position rankings so we can start thinking of other things.

By the way barilko your stats are up now buddy, hope you like!

Sorry to be a pain but refresh and reboot do not change anything - still looks just like before. Just revisit after you take care of the other guys. ....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty looks good one my end. What are you seeing exactly. The old light blue tabs? They are completely gone of the site. If you are talking about your position rankings page I did not update that yet, but still thewre should not be any old buttons or tabs whatever you want to call them.

Go to the home page then go to the page you see the old buttons on. Then while on that page hit the refresh button.

Or give me a little more detailed info as to what your are seeing and where if that don't work but try that first.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else having trouble seeing lefty's new stuff?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or barilko's stuff

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is anyone else having trouble seeing lefty's new stuff?

Still looks like the old stuff to me.

I thought you were going to use the top 200 rankings to also do the positional rankings? I'm not sure how familiar you are with Excel, Foot, but that's one reason that I formatted everyone's rankings in Excel and kept the player positions in a separate column... because Excel lets you filter the data.

So even though we have the consensus spreadsheet with multiple rankings on it, you should be able to SORTeach "contributor's" individual ranks and then FILTER by each position.

In other words, the data is all there. It's just a matter of manipulating it for each contributor.

And maybe I was mistaken, but I thought that that is what we decided the functionality of the site would do by clicking on column headings, etc.?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe you don't see Lafty's and Barilko's top 200 rankings on there site.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one's I can look at from work is Joe's top 200. Lefty and B have pages but no rankings. Just a question: are we going to be able to have the abiity to go into our own pages and do edits?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I don't know anything about excel. I only found a way to bring them into the site like what i did with yours Joe. In order to design the nice headings and buttons and make them look like lefty's and barilkos' (which for some reason u guys can't see them) I have to lay them out in my graphic software and that takes a lot of time. And as for the tabs changing when clicked to change a column at the top that will have to be done at a later time.

Doing this is very time consuming because every page has a link to it and is it's own entity. So to change one thing I have to do like 6 things to each page then upload it. it is a pain. So I plan on doing that stuff once all our top 200 rankings are up because things are getting unorganized. It might be a good idea to have everyone meet in here say like at 8PM tonight so we can have a little conference of sorts to discus all this.

Now I am not sure why you guys are not seeing the new stuff, try and refresh that page when you are on it. It is showing up fine on like three different computers I checked in my house.

I have been working on this all day and I have a few other things i need to do so i don't have time to look into excel and how it works right now. Not sure what to do at this point.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see them.

But Lefty's includes comments. Which is something that I did not include in the consensus 200. That led me to conclude that you were NOT using the spreadsheet I sent?

If that's not what you were eluding to, then I apologize.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I turned the guys in that work league on to the site...............bastards are gonna use my top 200 against me again. I told them to use Foot's top 200 and not to deviate.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sam I wish, but that wouldn't be possible. I have know idea why you guys can't see leftys and barilkos. Maybe the graphic is to big. I will try and minimize it maybe that will work.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doing this is very time consuming because every page has a link to it and is it's own entity. So to change one thing I have to do like 6 things to each page then upload it. it is a pain. So I plan on doing that stuff once all our top 200 rankings are up because things are getting unorganized. It might be a good idea to have everyone meet in here say like at 8PM tonight so we can have a little conference of sorts to discus all this.

If you mean 8 PM Eastern that might be a tad early for me as I am at work. I can do 9 Eastern though.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe I know yours does not have comments. But like i said once I get everything organized (because between the graphics and all the html pages and all the emails I have so shit all over the place right now) Once I have everyone's pages at least up I can then much easilerly go back and change them if that makes any scene. So even though you don't have comments now i can go back and make your rankings look like the rest. Glad you can see them so Left and Sam can't I have to figure out why they can"t but very glad at least you see them. Did you see them right off the bat or did you have to do something like refresh to see them.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 200 came out very nice. The positional lists still have the labels; 'QBS', 'RBS', 'WRS', 'TES', etc, as pointed out by Joe a while back. Those need to change as discussed. I think we settled on 'QB Rankings', 'RB Rankings', etc. Perhaps a nit, but it seems those labels need to be bold or a different color to stand out. ....

Otherwise, it is coming together very well - if all the top 200's, the consensus, and the few tweaks noted above occur on the positional, then it will something special. Keep up the good work. ....

Foot - As stated above I can see and like the top 200 on my page. It is the positional I was referring to. Per last post, it does not appear you are working on the positional pages as of now so peace - move on to others top 200. When you start the positional just remember the items noted above. ....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Sam I wish, but that wouldn't be possible. I have know idea why you guys can't see leftys and barilkos. Maybe the graphic is to big. I will try and minimize it maybe that will work.
So how will users leave comments/questions? I hate to be the asshole here but I think we are all used to it anyway so I'm gonna say something....................this site looks 1,265,378 times better than the original but the fact that we can't go in and leave a comment or edit IMO sucks. So do we just send stuff in to you and you put it in?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes 9 EST is good for me.