• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes sam i did know the human weighs ten pounds the average human head not mine

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I pretty much set my self up for that one. I just happen to have a big head. But it's not noticable because it fits my big body, lol.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not fat mind you just large. But have no worries as I am a gentle giant!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and a nerd!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the hits I think it is a nice combination of the site having had somewhat of a decent following and a huge credit to how many people are following us here on SportsHoopla. And the season hasn't even started yet.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Yep, looks like you have been working out!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after i finish the site this week end - do you guys want to do a suicide league draft that we will post our site and then we can do a MWHS braggin rights league too

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam, Wil and Monkey - email me your 200!

I've check the other threads and haven't seen anything from Wil or Monkey for a few days - - perhaps they are vacationing this week. .....

From Foot; So after i finish the site this week end - do you guys want to do a suicide league draft that we will post our site and then we can do a MWHS braggin rights league too

I'd do another suicide - - but I believe Wil is setting up the MBBRL for an on-line draft on ESPN.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That;s great Lefty. We can post them in here and after each round is complete I will post them on our site. After the rankings are done I am going to start working on setting up a live gaming system so we may be able to play and offer league set ups right on our site. How cool would that be. Anyway Joe told me he thought the idea of having something new everyday was a really good idea and that is what I would like to do.

There is nothing better than visiting a site to see there is new and helpful info everyday. On CBS sometimes it takes days to read anything new. I think a suicide league and then we could do a MWHS braggin rights league or maybe we should call it the MWHS swagging right league. Either way I am sure we will here some more names. Sam I am looking at you. Anyway I can set up our leagues on Flea flicker until we get our system up and running and then I will post the results each week on our site. All our trades add/drops comments etc. (in the swagging rights league) on our site so people don't have to go fishing around they can follow both leagues right on out site and I will set it up like a stadium some how. I get really creative on that.

Anyway I think the suicide league is a great idea because it will give the viewers another great reason to to keep coming back to the site. Like I siad something new everyday. Great customer service will insure we will succeed!

So let's focus on the suicide league will I am working the rankings this weekend. i will be doen by the end of the weekend maybe sooner. So in the meantime let's see who wants in and then i will post an open invite on our site if any more guys are needed.

So far in:

1. Foot
2. Lefty

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've check the other threads and haven't seen anything from Wil or Monkey for a few days - - perhaps they are vacationing this week. .....

Wil posted late last night. And monkey posted yesterday morning.

2nd Attempted Suicide
That's a big, fat "NO" on the 2nd suicide league for me. (I'm trying to cut back remember?)

Consensus Problem
I think we may have an issue with the consensus rankings. Need everyone's input.

Actually since I have 5 of 7 rankings input, they do look pretty cool. But the problem is what to do about the "stray" players? By "stray," I'm talking about the players that ended up on someone's top 200 but not on anyone else's 200 (thus far).

For the players that are ranked near the bottom of the list, I don't think it's too big of a deal. But there are a couple of players that are in the top 100 that no one else even has on their list of 200. Since there's no other ranking to average these lone players up against, we can't just leave them in the top 100, can we?

I wonder how other consensus rankings work? If I could find an example, I can do the math and try to work out a solution. Unless you guys have a suggestion?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe you should reconsider doing the suicide league. It will bring a lot of viewers and for a site we are trying to get of the ground we need all the attention we can get. As for ranking the espn guys have a consensus which is what i had in mind. i will find the link for you later got to run,

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd Attempted Suicide
That's a big, fat "NO" on the 2nd suicide league for me. (I'm trying to cut back remember?)

Consensus Problem
I think we may have an issue with the consensus rankings. Need everyone's input.

Actually since I have 5 of 7 rankings input, they do look pretty cool. But the problem is what to do about the "stray" players? By "stray," I'm talking about the players that ended up on someone's top 200 but not on anyone else's 200 (thus far).

For the players that are ranked near the bottom of the list, I don't think it's too big of a deal. But there are a couple of players that are in the top 100 that no one else even has on their list of 200. Since there's no other ranking to average these lone players up against, we can't just leave them in the top 100, can we?
I wonder how other consensus rankings work? If I could find an example, I can do the math and try to work out a solution. Unless you guys have a suggestion?

1. Wil/Monkey status - Must have missed their posts - I stand corrected on that
2. Suicide - Can't say I blame you if you are cutting back .... I'm reaching my max as well.
3. Consensus rank - I would say try this. For those 'stray' players assign an arbitrary rank of 250 for all who do not have them listed in their top 200. Then do the 'average' and if they do not show up in the top 200, then they fall off the consensus list. They should still be show on the rankers individual lists.

Interesting that there are players in some peoples top 100 that don't even make most everyone else's list. .... must be some deep sleepers, homers, or man-crushes going on - hummm

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2nd Attempted Suicide

Consensus Problem

I'm with Joe. No second suicide league for me.
I'm also for a consensus 100 instead of a 200 but I am actually for consensus position rankings and no top 100 or 200 consensus. I know I said it before but with 6-8 peeps doing top 200 your gonna end up with lots of also rans...............so, in order here is what I would vote for:

Position rankings: QB 1-25, RB 1-50, WR 1-75, TE 1-25, K and D 1-20. That will make it way easier to list the also rans at the end in a comment like this:

1 Drew Brees, NO (7)
2 Aaron Rodgers, GB (4)
3 Peyton Manning, Den (9)
4 Colin Kaepernick, SF (9)
5 Robert Griffin, Was (5)
6 Tom Brady, NE (10)
7 Matt Ryan, Atl (6)
8 Matthew Stafford, Det (9)
9 Tony Romo, Dal (11)
10 Cam Newton, Car (4)
11 Eli Manning, NYG (9)
12 Andrew Luck, Ind (8)
13 Russell Wilson, Sea (12)
14 Ben Roethlisberger, Pit (5)
15 Michael Vick, Phi (12)
16 Jay Cutler, Chi (8)
17 Joe Flacco, Bal (8)
18 Philip Rivers, SD (8)
19 Andy Dalton, Cin (12)
20 Carson Palmer, Ari (9)
21 Sam Bradford, StL (11)
22 Ryan Tannehill, Mia (6)
23 Matt Schaub, Hou (8)
24 Alex Smith, KC (10)
25 Josh Freeman, TB (5)

Just Missed-Brandon Weedon, Jake Locker, E.J. Manuel

Then we still have a Top 200 for each, we just post them next to each other.
My next vote would be for a consensus Top 100 with 10 also rans and lastly would be the Top 200 consensus....................either way,:suds: I'm down for anything.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Sam - No second suicide league for me.
I'm also for a consensus 100 instead of a 200 but I am actually for consensus position rankings and no top 100 or 200 consensus. I know I said it before but with 6-8 peeps doing top
200 your gonna end up with lots of also rans...............so, in order here is
what I would vote for:
Position rankings: QB 1-25, RB 1-50, WR 1-75, TE 1-25, K and D 1-20. That will make it way easier to list the also rans at the end

I'm not sure why you are for position ranks as opposed to a top 200 or 150. If the rankings are done in excel the position ranks are easily pulled from the overall ranks. I don't think anyone would rank there QB's, RB's or WR's differently in an overall vs positional. I also think for the sake of Joe - who has offered and is compiling the list, we need to stick with what he has started - but that's his call. If you want to cut that down to 150 I'm fine with that, but I don't see dropping it to 100 since you cannot fill a 12 team league with those numbers. As for the 'strays' I'm opposed to just listing them last. Either they make the cut or they don't.

However, in the end, I'll go with whatever is decided. Let's just decide something and get on with it. If positional ranks are preferred, then mine are contained in the overall list I've already sent.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ok with the top 200 but like you said, then it should just stop at 200 and there should be no leftovers. Personally I like the positional rankings as that is pretty much how I draft. I'll rank the first 5 rounds and try to stay that course but like we all know that usually won't happen (unless you are drafting with dummies). After the first 5-6 rounds as much as you may be drafting for value, you also need to look at drafting for need which will usually change the value of a player. So if I have player A ranked above player B it doesn't always mean I'm gonna draft A so having players ranked by position just makes it easier IMO.

I do have one question for Foot though. Will these rankings be printable for users? Would that be a major PITA? I think that would be cool.

BTW Lefty, I saved that to my puter so you should check it out now. I think you'll like it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have one question for Foot though. Will these rankings be printable for users? Would that be a major PITA? I think that would be cool.

BTW Lefty, I saved that to my puter so you should check it out now. I think you'll like it.

Yep that would be a plus for the site visitors

I will and thanks again. .....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, looking at your top 200 I feel waaay better about my Suicide League team..............lol. Now I need to look at Joe's.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joe LOVE's my first 3 picks, then it kinda goes down from there...............well, way down from there.