• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe im sorry if its easier to do it the way you said that's fine to keep it that way. I am going to try and lear excel more I just never used it that much before but maybe I can find a way to add it to the code another way if not I will just do it like I did with your rankings. Talk more tomorrow about it

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys just wanted to elaberate a litle more on the rankings format. First, did you guys like the way the new rankings I did on Lefty's top 200 page? If yes then I think I figured a way to do all this. Joe maybe we can set the rankings like you have done them so it's easier to calculated them when you put everyone's into the system. Then I can modify them to look like the ones I just put up on Lefty's top 200 page. What do you think or would you rather just keep them the way we have them. Or do you guys want to just let everyone select thier own style and forget about keeping them consistant to each other except for the main rankings board that will have all of ours? Whatever you guys want to do Im fine with it.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have now officially confused the hell out of me - but I'll offer my thoughts on what I see presently.
First, I don't particularly like a list that is last name first. If I'm looking for Adrian Peterson or Doug Martin to make up my draft list I'm not looking for Martin, Doug or Peterson, Adrian. That's just the way my mind works and I think it will to the reader as well. Keep it simple - which way will you say it when you announce your pick? That is how it should be displayed.
Second, the bye weeks absolutely needs to be included on every list. In drafting, use of that info is part of the strategy.
Third, whether the 'rank' number is first or last doesn't really matter as long as the names are sorted in order. First is logical so that's fine by me.
Last, has anyone considered that when the data is compiled that not everyone will have the same players 'ranked' in the top 200 ? This will likely occur in the bottom 20 players. I'm not sure how to resolve (Joe?).

Rant - When we first determined to do a top 200 and a consensus rank, it was suggested to establish a standard format - that went pretty much ignored. Now we're trying to mix apples and oranges with pears and beets. I'm game for whatever gets established, but I'm really not interested in doing 15 list in different formats to get there. Set a standard and let's get on with it. It appears Joe has the best handle on the inner workings of excel so I'll bow to that.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty, I think we got it. Joe sent me an email that I did notice till after my last post. We can keep the way you guys have been doing it and then Joe figured a way to make a second list that I can modify so they all stay uniform when i do them. PROBLEM SOLVED. The only issue is first name last or last name last. I personally like the last name first. But if everyone would rather have the first name first that's cool too.

Joe when you get a chance can you explain to everyone what you emailed me about the two tabs.

Thanks,

Foot

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty, I think we got it. Joe sent me an email that I did notice till after my last post. We can keep the way you guys have been doing it and then Joe figured a way to make a second list that I can modify so they all stay uniform when i do them. PROBLEM SOLVED. The only issue is first name last or last name last. I personally like the last name first. But if everyone would rather have the first name first that's cool too.

Joe when you get a chance can you explain to everyone what you emailed me about the two tabs.

Thanks,

Foot

Hummm, ok so I don't need to change anything? (I'm good with that). I guess I don't get the last name first thing - it makes no sense to me. Doesn't The Foot make more sense than Foot, The ???
Obviously, it can't be both and I'll stand firm on my vote for displaying the names the same way you would say it in a draft (first name then last name).

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last, has anyone considered that when the data is compiled that not everyone will have the same players 'ranked' in the top 200 ? This will likely occur in the bottom 20 players. I'm not sure how to resolve (Joe?).

I'm guessing that Foot also anticipated that we wouldn't all be harmonious on all 200 players. So obviously there will be more than 200 in the consensus rankings.

:gaah:I'm starting to get confused myself about the formatting. But I agree with Lefty on the name arrangement. And the inclusion of the BYE. Personally, I'd also like to keep the position and team in separate columns. But I'm getting frustrated discussing this.

I'll probably kick myself later, but why don't YOU (as in all the contributors to MWHS) email me your "200 rankings" (complete with bye weeks) and I'll format them and then I'll send them all back so you can see what I did (for future weekly rankings leading up to the start of the season). And then Foot will have the final rankings for publishing.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to throw a smoking monkey wrench into this, but if YOU want to try to concatenate your Excel spreadsheets yourself, you simply need to "insert" a column to the left of your data.

Then starting in the newly inserted cell, start adding the cell I.D. in the order that you want the information run together. Important to separate each cell I.D. with a space (" ").

So your cell's concatenate formula may look something like this:

=D2&" "&E2&" "&C2&" "&F2

Then copy and paste this formula in the rest the 199 cells. And you're done! You can also find helpful tips on the internet.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, just a suggeston: Why don't we NOT do a consolidated "Top 200" and instead do a consolidated Top 25 by position? I don't want to throw a smoking monkey wrench in this either (that was good Joe of Word Play). If we want to do the top 200 lists maybe we should list them next to each other? I know this is what most other sites do and we want to be different but as of right now I don't think that will be a problem. Might make life easier.....................and better.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to leave for work. But I do have a few short days this week. So...

I appreciate that Sam, but I'd like to see consensus rankings up by THU. Just send me your rankings - EVERYONE. I'll format 'em. Gotta go.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that Foot also anticipated that we wouldn't all be harmonious on all 200 players. So obviously there will be more than 200 in the consensus rankings.

:gaah:I'm starting to get confused myself about the formatting. But I agree with Lefty on the name arrangement. And the inclusion of the BYE. Personally, I'd also like to keep the position and team in separate columns. But I'm getting frustrated discussing this.

I'll probably kick myself later, but why don't YOU (as in all the contributors to MWHS) email me your "200 rankings" (complete with bye weeks) and I'll format them and then I'll send them all back so you can see what I did (for future weekly rankings leading up to the start of the season). And then Foot will have the final rankings for publishing.

Joe - that seems logical at this point and I definitely appreciate your willingness to tackle. Once we have one format then it will make life easier for all.

All - As such, I second the motion to send all rankings to Joe for standard format.

Joe - Call me out of touch but I'm having a hard time understanding the 'concatenate'. Perhaps (probably) I missed it, but in layman's terms what does it do for us?

Sam - I really like the top 200 approach better. More work but I think for the sake of the site - worth it.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really need to leave for work. But I do have a few short days this week. So...

I appreciate that Sam, but I'd like to see consensus rankings up by THU. Just send me your rankings - EVERYONE. I'll format 'em. Gotta go.

wow Joe that is awesome
im pretty sure mine are done just as you have done yours
i think only the font differs..

i think everyone has stated many valid points

mostly we need to be on the same page and with Joe stepping up to the plate i think we need get him the info asap with a big thank you

i really believe that if Foot is cool to re arrange and align what Joe sends him for the site than Foot will only have to deal with one consistent change,and that will certainly ease the burden on Foot

Thus ( if i may ) all info on excel to Joe than from Joe to Foot...

and once we have done this a first time, im pretty sure we will all know and share the same way of formatting our individual excel sheets and will be able to send them directly to our (Color Coordinator) Foot

and I too agree that we should go with first name first

just look at various Fantasy sites that is certainly what the general public is used to

when i catalog my own i use last names for album cds artists etc but for fantasy go with the flow..:hope::hope::hope:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Joe you will find my top 200 in your mailbox
in the email i sang loudly about how i feel about Chicago
funny thing is and it only dawned on me after the email was sent
i went outside to do yard work and it was then i realized that i was wearing the brightest loudest Chicago T-shirt that you might ever see... :horn::horn::horn::hockeysmile::hockeysmile:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam - I really like the top 200 approach better. More work but I think for the sake of the site - worth it.

I was just concerned about all of the guys not in each others top 200............either way works for me! I know I keep saying I'll have it done and don't but I WILL be able to hit that Thursday deadline for sure. Wife and kids went to visit her sister in Jackson so I should be sending by tomorrow night (late Joe, like 2-3 in th morning). Thanks guys you are all working really hard on this and I'll get in line here shortly. BTW, that cheatsheet editor I been raving about does not include bye weeks in the spreadsheet............bastards!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok sounds great to me joe. Since you know more about excell than anyone else IO will leave it up to you how you want the rankings to be. i have no problem leaving them the way they are and we can leave the first name first. You just give them to me Joe like you said in your email and I will color coordinated them lol. Thats a lot of work Joe to take on and I know we all appreciate it. Im really busy today too so I may not get back on today just keep me posted and I trust whatever way you guys want to do the rankings.

Talk later.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I keep saying I'll have it done and don't but I WILL be able to hit that Thursday deadline for sure. Wife and kids went to visit her sister in Jackson so I should be sending by tomorrow night (late Joe, like 2-3 in th morning).

Sam, if you want to email me what you've got done that will help. Thanks.

To the rest of you (i.e. Will, Monkey, and Foot), ditto. Send me what you have if you're not done.

I've got mine, Lefty's and Barilko's input. (Someone asked if we go beyond 200... like 20 more... oh, we're already at 245.)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe I'll have my rankings to you in about 30 mins!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i sent them too you and yes they are funky as usual! I have colin kaepernick ranked 3rd over all.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done. Just waiting on Sam, Wil, and Smo.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok i sent them too you and yes they are funky as usual! I have colin kaepernick ranked 3rd over all.

3rd Qb or 3rd overall now you know im defender of the Foot 3rd overall Yowsa ...definitely a Footprint if so:clap::clap:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd Qb or 3rd overall now you know im defender of the Foot 3rd overall Yowsa ...definitely a Footprint if so:clap::clap:

Not to hijack the thread since we need to get the rankings up... but what scares me about Kaps is that he played great in a relatively few games. Why is that scarey? Because it sounds a lot like the hype that was heaped upon guys like Kolb, Cassel, Freeman, Bradford and Flynn of the past few years. We're still waiting for them...