• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not loving it but if you love it then go with it. Joe's rankings are up and they went much smoother. Joe I hope you like i used your beloved bears colors and I thing it is a good start for your home pahge. of course I will be putting much more detail into each one of your home pages but now that I can just take a whole excel doc and import it and jazz it up we are good to go. So who's next. Joe is done for now and so is lefty. Am I missing anyone who sent me there rankings> I believe I am still waiting for Sam's, Barilkos's, Will's and monkeys. I wish Fuzzy would join us as he has some interesting and out of the box perspectives as well.

Foot i sent my excel sheet to you if you need the bye week on there ill add that now and re send

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foot i sent my excel sheet to you if you need the bye week on there ill add that now and re send

hello nick i will re send my sheet so hang in there
im adding the bye week and after looking at Joe's

i am changing Pha to Phi we use Pha in canada
we also use Pgh in Canada ill also switch that to Pit that you fine folk to the south prefer to use:noidea:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good Dave, I got you email. No worries I did not look at it yet but I will jazz it up for you. What colors do you like or want?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Sam what colors do you prefer?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not loving it but if you love it then go with it. Joe's rankings are up and they went much smoother. Joe I hope you like i used your beloved bears colors and I thing it is a good start for your home pahge. of course I will be putting much more detail into each one of your home pages but now that I can just take a whole excel doc and import it and jazz it up we are good to go. So who's next. Joe is done for now and so is lefty. Am I missing anyone who sent me there rankings> I believe I am still waiting for Sam's, Barilkos's, Will's and monkeys. I wish Fuzzy would join us as he has some interesting and out of the box perspectives as well.

Well, after seeing the way Joe's came out I'm feeling a little underwhelmed. I think all the layout need to mimic Joes (sections left to right, not up & down). Also, he got color, I didn't. :confused2:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry little Lefty, Daddy is gonna make yours better than big brother Joe's.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What colors do you prefer Lefty?

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good Dave, I got you email. No worries I did not look at it yet but I will jazz it up for you. What colors do you like or want?

ok i sent it again at 610 eastern the subject in the email is

top 200 the good one

i sent it to your hotmail account

check the junk mail

kill the first one i sent ya if you find it

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after seeing the way Joe's came out I'm feeling a little underwhelmed. I think all the layout need to mimic Joes (sections left to right, not up & down). Also, he got color, I didn't. :confused2:

Just got home. Checked out my rankings on MWHS and Foot, gotta tell ya.... It's pretty cool. Awesome in fact.

As for the colors on my rankings, it should be noted that this is how I sent it to Foot. I really forgot that I had colors on the spreadsheet. Oops!

My colors are simple. Red text for a player means that he is hurt enough to affect the start of the season, or a possible suspension. If the team color is red then it indicates that it is a new team for said player. If a player is shaded in purple, he's a rookie.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry little Lefty, Daddy is gonna make yours better than big brother Joe's.
What colors do you prefer Lefty?

I always felt you liked him more than me. ..... I'm having a middle child syndrome. :bawling:

Colors sent on the excel spreadsheet are preferred for it - but if you can work in some Ravens purple on my heading page that would be awesome. ..... If the spreadsheet colors won't come in that's fine.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys want to standardize colors (on our player ranking lists)? Or eliminate them to make it simple?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty I will re od your whole thing just the way you sent them to me onexcel now that I know how to bring them in. I can certainly put some ravens blue in your new home page.

Joe has a point maybe we should conform to a set amount of colors on our excel sheets so thay stay 100 percent consistant. Joe and Lefty you too guys seem to be the excel experts here or at least you seem to know the most so i will let you to work that system out however you guys want to.

I may have some time over the week to keep updating but the bulk of the work will have to be done on the week end and I have 4th of july to have at it too. Now that we have the nuts and bolts worked out it will be pretty smooth sailing from here on out. Just fine tuning everyone home pages.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing about the site design we should agree on before I do anything else is decide on the correct excel format we want to use. Lets get the design formats worked out so I can nail them down in one shot. If we can decide then have everyone redo their rankings with those new guidlines and then send them to me hopefully by Thursday I can finish up everyone's top 200 rankings and then turn my attention on the flash video and other design details.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain "format"....

Are you talking order of columns? Colors? Font? All of the above?

If so, then I suggest we stick to black text, Calibri font (Arial font would be my alternate), and working left to right, the columns should be Position, then Player, then Team, then Bye, then comments (if any).

Or were you talking about some other kind of formatting?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the formatting I'm talking about:

prq1.png

I actually separate the players name into two columns. I can change that, unless you guys do the same thing? Let me know.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I'm talking about that, exactly. If you could Joe put both names in one slot that would be great otherwise they look to separated. And I think the rank should always be all the way to the left then so on like this. Also i made a sample of how I really would like them to look. We could change the colors to suit each one of our home page's color scheme. Below is a sample or you can go to Lefty's top 200 page on our site to see a sample that i just put up.

(Rank) - (Player) Last name, first name of player in one column - Position - team. We can add BYE but don't think it is needed and may confuse with the rankings number. I just feel that people are looking for clean easay to read and understand rankings and are focusing on their drafts so they just want to see what a players worth is and by looking at rankings they can guage it. Check out Lefty's semi updated top 200 rankings page. It's just a sample in blue and one in red but like i said we can use any color scheme under the sun. If the link below dont work just go to our site and click leftys icon and then his top 200 to see the ones I like the best.

Untitled Document

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this way will make it simple in excel. Just one column for the rank number and one column will hold everything else. I really think we should exnay the BYE. But whatever you guys want to do, just my two sense.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also this way will make it simple in excel. Just one column for the rank number and one column will hold everything else. I really think we should exnay the BYE. But whatever you guys want to do, just my two sense.

SIMPLE?

Well, as to your formatting... I have no problem running the overall list together, and last name first, etc.

But this becomes a problem if you'd like a separate ranking based on position. Because in Excel, you can filter lists. So once you merge all of the data (such as position, or team) into a single cell, then you lose the ability to filter. Which makes separating each position (in a list of 200 mind you) a nightmare.

(Oh, and incidentally, cramming all of this player data into two columns wasn't easy either. I basically rearranged the columns, then copied the data into Notepad. Then imported the Notepad data into Excel.)

I wish I knew more about web code because Excel has a concatenate formula. Which in lay terms could mean that we can keep our spreadsheets as we like them, but we can add a column to concatenate (or run together) the player data for display on MWHS.

So I'll email you my new 200 all crammed into two columns.

Last edited by a moderator:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the formatting I'm talking about:

prq1.png

I actually separate the players name into two columns. I can change that, unless you guys do the same thing? Let me know.

hi gang

i actually looked at Joe's picks and used the same format

i split the names and ran them in the same exact order from left to right

my font may differ

my suggestion is everyone does the same split names and also runs them in the same order as Joe

as for the font Color i think Foot can adjust them very easily to all be the same

i would suggest nick checks to see how each category looks on the site and we let him kick it around a little