• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should standardize each position without an "s." Also "bye week" should just be "BYE." Also defenses should be D/ST, not D, and not DEF. Agreed? Or am I being irrational suggesting this?

Didn't know we were doing comments on our individual rankings? I wouldn't mind adding a few to my rankings! May spice things up to have a comment or two.
I'm all for comments but I won't have time before I need to turn it in............I will add after. BTW Foot, wait till you see my spreadsheet! For $15 the cheatsheet wizard is the bomb. Thanks Joe of Irrationality....:lol:

One more thing; we really should post Lefty's Golden Mountain story somewhere on MWHS.......

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just back from seeing an amazing house concert about an 1 1/2 north of Montreal in the Laurentien Mountains.i see Foot has had a busy day..Thank You Nick...Hey Joe that works for me i may use that or try to tweak it...The Meter part is smart.thanks for chipping in on that...

Foot punch in Wendy O on google images you will certainly see some revealing images..she wasnt the prettiest but was certainly a very intriguing punk rocker...

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and now i just checked the site Nice work Foot...Very Nice

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about a play on words, like "Barilko's Fantasy Meter," you know, because Canadian's use the "metric" system?! And "meter" also has poetic journalistic ties. And to meter means to regulate or measure something.

Thanks again Joe

How about Barilko's Yards to Meters... Foot do you like..

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Barilko I'm happy you like it. It has been fun doing it. I am really enjoying the look of it as well and the site counter I added at the bottom of the home page says we have 672 hits already. That's a lot for one week let alone for a day. Needless to say I am very excited and proud to see that as all of you should be too.

Um the name for me is not all that blowing my skirt up only because I am not up on the meter thing probably as much and i wouldn't put two and two together and associate meters with Canada but maybe that's just me.

One idea that I have been thinking for you is the bag on the head avi you have. The NFL network has had this anonymous reporter saying funny stuff and I'll tell you I'm really drawn to his words. Maybe if you ask me you should parlay that photo into something like "Mr. Anonymous Analysis" but you should do something that will make you happy and that will allow you to take pride in it. Even though I am being realistic with where this might go hey you never know this name could be famous one day so choose wisely young grass hopper!

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Barilko I'm happy you like it. It has been fun doing it. I am really enjoying the look of it as well and the site counter I added at the bottom of the home page says we have 672 hits already. That's a lot for one week let alone for a day. Needless to say I am very excited and proud to see that as all of you should be too.

Um the name for me is not all that blowing my skirt up only because I am not up on the meter thing probably as much and i wouldn't put two and two together and associate meters with Canada but maybe that's just me.

One idea that I have been thinking for you is the bag on the head avi you have. The NFL network has had this anonymous reporter saying funny stuff and I'll tell you I'm really drawn to his words. Maybe if you ask me you should parlay that photo into something like "Mr. Anonymous Analysis" but you should do something that will make you happy and that will allow you to take pride in it. Even though I am being realistic with where this might go hey you never know this name could be famous one day so choose wisely young grass hopper!

Meter is also to measure...so its good and you certainly play football by yards...

im not quite set either and seeing its not to hard an adjustment for you maybe ill still wrestle with a name until we have finished all of our rankings and are live...

maybe In The Bag
or All Bagged Up
Barilko's Baggage
Under The Bag

as i sign off i just thought of a writing and football related name as i keep harking back to Joe's quick slant

ok this should be it..

ready...

" Barilko's Corner Blitz "

there ya go what do you think Foot...Joe...

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bobanddoug1.jpg

Guys, guys how easy could this be? There is your avi and here is your tag

Barliko's Beauty Rankings, eh?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the site counter I added at the bottom of the home page says we have 672 hits already. That's a lot for one week let alone for a day.

Suggestion: How about putting an "attendance" sign on the stadium and show the counter results there?

It's you, Foot. And I'm not picking on you, but I don't think most Americans know much about our neighbors to the north. Can they name more than 4 provinces? Do Americans know who the prime minister is? What the capital of Canada is? Then again, most don't know who Wendy O Williams is either. Ok, I'm off my soapbox now.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impressive, Foot. Me like.

Was looking at Lefty's rankings. I'm not sure if you were going to clean up some of the headings, or leave that up to us? If it's left up to us, then I think we need to introduce some standards.

In case you guys don't know what I'm talking about, Lefty's players are ranked by QB, RB, etc. but there is no apostrophe, just an "s" so that QB looks like QBS and TE looks like TES, and K looks like KS.

I think we should standardize each position without an "s." Also "bye week" should just be "BYE." Also defenses should be D/ST, not D, and not DEF. Agreed? Or am I being irrational suggesting this?

Didn't know we were doing comments on our individual rankings? I wouldn't mind adding a few to my rankings! May spice things up to have a comment or two.

Agree on standardization and dropping the 's'. Also agree on the 'bye'. As for Defensive Special Teams, I actually think 'DST' works fine (your suggestion minus the '/'). Can't be confused with anything else - - and no excel format will see it as D divided by ST. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea man! I know that is a lot in such a short period of time - literally a few hours! Anyway, why don't instead of using abbreviations I just spell out the words like Quarterbacks, Running Backs, Wide Receivers, etc?

Or you could head them 'RB Rankings', etc. Then the 's' isn't attached to the abv. Just a thought - no real preference. ........

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suggestion: How about putting an "attendance" sign on the stadium and show the
counter results there?

Good idea Joe - if Foot can make it happen. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping a formula tool like Excel would do that for you Foot? I don't
know how web coding works, but I was hoping that averaging a numbered list would
also be covered somehow?

I could do it in Excel and send you the file.
I'm not an expert at Excel. I'd have to sort each player alphabetically, then
enter everyone's rankings. Then resort based on ranking average.

I'm not sure if it might go faster with a pivot table in Excel, but like I said, I'm not
an Excel expert.

If you already have everyone's rankings...

Let's say that everyone's rankings are from columns J through O in Excel. In column P, you can add the formula: =AVERAGE(J2:O2)

You can also format the cell so that it rounds it up to a whole number (i.e. an average rank of 23.4 will be rounded up to 23, but will still sort the player based on the actual average), or you can leave a decimal spot. I'd opt for one decimal spot.

Would certainly be the easiest way if Foot can make that work.
Joe you sell yourself short - I think that would be the only way to do it in excel
Agree -

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe good idea with the attendance. I also think Leftys idea is a good one about the calling them QB rankings it will also help in the search engine department.

I could bring the excel docs in as jpgs kind of like Joe did with his drafted players list, but then the text is not static. Still it would probably be the best way to bring them in if you want to do the work in excel. I could paste several pages together to make one long list unless you can give me the files as jpg. Or I am sure I could figure out to convert a excell file into a jpg. Problem solved there.

So I will try it with Joe's stuff today. Not sure when I but it will be soon sometime today.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured it out. I can post your excel docs just the way they look. Awesome! So that's def the way to go. Also I like DST.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bobanddoug1.jpg

Guys, guys how easy could this be? There is your avi and here is your tag

Barliko's Beauty Rankings, eh?

Sam thats awesome :laugh3::L:laugh3:
i would use that if everyone else is cool with it

yet I don't think it lines up well beside everyone's more proper section descriptions

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not loving it but if you love it then go with it. Joe's rankings are up and they went much smoother. Joe I hope you like i used your beloved bears colors and I thing it is a good start for your home pahge. of course I will be putting much more detail into each one of your home pages but now that I can just take a whole excel doc and import it and jazz it up we are good to go. So who's next. Joe is done for now and so is lefty. Am I missing anyone who sent me there rankings> I believe I am still waiting for Sam's, Barilkos's, Will's and monkeys. I wish Fuzzy would join us as he has some interesting and out of the box perspectives as well.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping to get you my rankings by EOD today. I really like the way Joe's turned out.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys also i am going to do some flash designs. Flash designs have moving parts. It's gonna be so cool. I am going to have the field in the middle of our logo actually having little players running around kind of like those old vibrating toy football fields we had when we were kids if anyone remembers. It's gonna be cool. Cant wait o get the top 5 at 5 game going again all new the ideas that will spawn from us as we go. This site is starting to take shape and i am really happy you guys are putting in as much effort as you all are. Just want you guys to know that!!!