• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Wife Hates Sundays (MWHS) web site

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Joe LOVE's my first 3 picks, then it kinda goes down from there...............well, way down from there.

Just looked as well. He's not high on my RB's or QB, but seems fairly warm on my WR's & TE.

BTW - you know you can also do 'mocks' against the experts on that other item .....

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just looked as well. He's not high on my RB's or QB, but seems fairly warm on my WR's & TE.

BTW - you know you can also do 'mocks' against the experts on that other item .....

Yeah but I haven't tried yet. You can also import your rankings into the site you are using to draft .....I think. Hoping to figure that out before the MBBRL draft.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, looking at your top 200 I feel waaay better about my Suicide League team..............lol. Now I need to look at Joe's.

And that's why I'm here man - - to make you feel better

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, just a quick question about the site. How the hell do new members sign up?

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That;s great Lefty. We can post them in here and after each round is complete I will post them on our site. After the rankings are done I am going to start working on setting up a live gaming system so we may be able to play and offer league set ups right on our site. How cool would that be. Anyway Joe told me he thought the idea of having something new everyday was a really good idea and that is what I would like to do.

There is nothing better than visiting a site to see there is new and helpful info everyday. On CBS sometimes it takes days to read anything new. I think a suicide league and then we could do a MWHS braggin rights league or maybe we should call it the MWHS swagging right league. Either way I am sure we will here some more names. Sam I am looking at you. Anyway I can set up our leagues on Flea flicker until we get our system up and running and then I will post the results each week on our site. All our trades add/drops comments etc. (in the swagging rights league) on our site so people don't have to go fishing around they can follow both leagues right on out site and I will set it up like a stadium some how. I get really creative on that.

Anyway I think the suicide league is a great idea because it will give the viewers another great reason to to keep coming back to the site. Like I siad something new everyday. Great customer service will insure we will succeed!

So let's focus on the suicide league will I am working the rankings this weekend. i will be doen by the end of the weekend maybe sooner. So in the meantime let's see who wants in and then i will post an open invite on our site if any more guys are needed.

So far in:

1. Foot
2. Lefty

let Barilko take a kick at that also

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil posted late last night. And monkey posted yesterday morning.

2nd Attempted Suicide
That's a big, fat "NO" on the 2nd suicide league for me. (I'm trying to cut back remember?)

Consensus Problem
I think we may have an issue with the consensus rankings. Need everyone's input.

Actually since I have 5 of 7 rankings input, they do look pretty cool. But the problem is what to do about the "stray" players? By "stray," I'm talking about the players that ended up on someone's top 200 but not on anyone else's 200 (thus far).

For the players that are ranked near the bottom of the list, I don't think it's too big of a deal. But there are a couple of players that are in the top 100 that no one else even has on their list of 200. Since there's no other ranking to average these lone players up against, we can't just leave them in the top 100, can we?

I wonder how other consensus rankings work? If I could find an example, I can do the math and try to work out a solution. Unless you guys have a suggestion?

Joe this maybe too much work unless you can fire the formula into the excel spread sheet

lets say a player ranked at 200 gets 1 point --a player at 190 gets 10--on and on until a player ranked at 1 gets 200 points

then add all players pts together and divide by the number of submitted lists

lets say I have martin at 2 thus 199 pts
u have him at 3 198 pts
Lefty has him at 4 197
Foot at 9 191 pts
at Wil at 2 199 pts

thus a total 984 pts

divided by 5 lists for a total of 196.8 pts and then when all players are totaled rank them via the most points
so anyone not in the top 200 (after the points have been totaled list) will fall of the consensus list

i think that works

and the example of one player lets say ranked 100th but he is on only one list..well if we still use 5 total lists than he would end up with 20 points (after the division) now if that 20 points makes the top 200 list than so be it he would make the consensus list..

i hope i explained this well enough...

maybe we can post all top 200 lists on MWHS but wait a few days for the consensus list

if i make dummy copies of each 200 list im pretty sure i can work the formula out

actually its coming to me as i write so...

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Sam I will make it printable for users that wont be a problem! Sad to hear Sam's not in the suicide league but I understand. It just would be a huge shot in the arm if we could provide something like that.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could rename the suicide league to keep the suicide league authentic. We could call this one "the ballsy league"

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we just do a mock draft it would be beneficial. We need to put some other content on our site and you wouldn't have to do anything with it or watch it if we just make a make it a mock draft. I know most of us are working hard to do the most we can to get this site perfect I just think this would tremendously help maximize our efforts.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we just do a mock draft it would be beneficial. We need to put some other content on our site and you wouldn't have to do anything with it or watch it if we just make a make it a mock draft. I know most of us are working hard to do the most we can to get this site perfect I just think this would tremendously help maximize our efforts.

I'll do a mock but just not so sure I wanna be in another league. Shame you couldn't finish with those other guys............were they all pissed?

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a sample on Yahoo...
They ranked the top 25 players for week 17, but some guys had a few "strays."
I did the math based on the Yahoo results and all they did was add "26" to a player that didn't make the other experts' top 25. (Did I explain that coherently?)
So for our top 200, all "stray" players not ranked by the others (which are now blank) will contain an "invisible" rank of "201."
The consensus rankings look cool!
I agree that we should only show the top 200 and let the others fall off the ranking.
Not sure if Wil shared it here, but we will not receive a top 200 list from him, so I'm pressing on without him. Monkey?
Watch your emails. I'm about to send our top 200 consensus rankings.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a sample of the raw data (before Foot puts it on MWHS):

k86.png

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YES Joe that's exactly what we are looking for. Awesome!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I found a sample on Yahoo...
They ranked the top 25 players for week 17, but some guys had a few "strays."
I did the math based on the Yahoo results and all they did was add "26" to a player that didn't make the other experts' top 25. (Did I explain that coherently?)
So for our top 200, all "stray" players not ranked by the others (which are now blank) will contain an "invisible" rank of "201."
The consensus rankings look cool!
I agree that we should only show the top 200 and let the others fall off the ranking.
Not sure if Wil shared it here, but we will not receive a top 200 list from him, so I'm pressing on without him. Monkey?
Watch your emails. I'm about to send our top 200 consensus rankings.

Excellent job Joe. .... wish Wil and some of the others would reconsider. The more the better when it comes to consensus.

All - Have a great 4th. ....

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do a mock but just not so sure I wanna be in another league. Shame you couldn't finish with those other guys............were they all pissed?

Yes - the guys you started with should be top priority. Really ashamed the data was lost but perhaps they would be willing to restart.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have a great 4th of July everybody! Hopefully I'm the only loser at work but I will get off (from work) at 1 PM............which sounds cool but been here since 4:30.................

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a sample of the raw data (before Foot puts it on MWHS):

k86.png

Not sure if I already said this but that's an awesome job Joe. I only have one comment/suggestion. Would it be possible to put another column in that says consensus and rank 1-200? I know that's what the average column is for but it's kinda hard to tell who we have ranked at say 20. If it's a pain forget I ever said anything; easy to come up with suggestions when you aren't doing the work.