• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My 2021 QB Rankings

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If being extremely consistent is just a top 10 guy to you...then Tom Brady sucks lol. The thing is nobody was more consistent except Drew Brees...so what does that mean? It means he was a top QB and very few did it better. Consistency made him a top 3 QB over the past 6-9 years. Only guys who did it better were Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers.

I'm just giving you the facts, you can spin anyway you want. Is Russell a top 5 right now? He absolutely is. Over the last 9 years he has been CONSISTENTLY a top 3-5 QB in this league...but from this graphic he is right there at 3 or 4. He isn't just a "top 10 guy".
Let's separate his career value from his seasonal value (that second being the topic of the thread).

Career: Wilson is the best QB of all the classes from 2006 to 2015 - the only others in the conversation are Ryan, Stafford, Luck and Cam, and they've all been pretty spotty and Luck quit early. Wilson dominated a full decade of QB classes, which is something I don't think any other QB in NFL history can say.

You can even go back to the 2002 class and the only other QB is Rodgers, and to 2016 and Dak (not sure he counts; jury still out). Wilson is, at a bare minimum, one of the top three QBs out of an entire fifteen years of NFL draft classes. Barring a massive collapse, he's in the HOF.

Seasonal: there are several guys drafted before 2002 and after 2016 who are ahead of Wilson (Brees/Manning/Brady/Rodgers, and every year a couple of others have a great flash-in-the-pan season. So every year, except for maybe 2019, Wilson is nudged out of the top five. He's never been the top QB in a particular year, and he probably never will be.

But he'll always be in the top eight while others surge and fall from year to year. (See Career, above.)

I'll bet that Wilson does not end 2021 in the top three in passer rating, in combined passing/rushing TDs, or in yards. None of those.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what you guys are arguing.
Stats or what not, but
when it comes to importance to the team. He is definitely top 5 QB every year. Many of his seasons. if he got injured or missed the season. they would a 3 or 4 win team instead of always making the playoffs.

He is up there with QBs like Peyton & Rodgers when it comes to importance to the team.
He has absolutely carried that team almost his whole career. Without much O-line help.
That's true of a lot of teams. Look what happened to Dallas without Dak, Pats without Brady. Not that what you're saying isn't true, but it's true of so many guys. Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, Dak, Big Ben and Lamar Jackson can't all be top-5.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awww you hurt my feelings, least you can do is get my shoes shined Willy. Stats are for losers anyways and Wilson top 5 every year cause I said so !!! :suds:
You got it, Sonny.

iu

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true of a lot of teams. Look what happened to Dallas without Dak, Pats without Brady. Not that what you're saying isn't true, but it's true of so many guys. Rodgers, Brady, Mahomes, Allen, Wilson, Dak, Big Ben and Lamar Jackson can't all be top-5.
yes if any starting Qb goes out their team will suffer.
Wilson goes out & the Hawks are done.
When Brady was out the Pats could still win
When Mahomes is out that team is still dangerous (not as good but)
Dont know if Allen has missed any time.
Dak would be in the conversation if the team was playoff caliber but they just go from bad to worse until they get better.
Steelers were still in all their games without Big Ben & they had horrible back ups.
Lamar Jackson will be that Qb that keeps their team from getting anywhere. (kinda like Vick) But that team can run the ball & has a stellar defense.

Packers with Rodgers. one game from a superbowl. Without Rodgers. Complete dogshit.
Seahawks with Wilson. a definite Playoff team. Without him Complete dogshit.

Yes all (well most) need their starting QB, but also Yes Wilson is definitely top 5 in team needing him over other teams.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet that Wilson does not end 2021 in the top three in passer rating, in combined passing/rushing TDs, or in yards. None of those.

You know Wilson has been top 3 in passing TDs for the past 5 years, right? I realize that you said combined passing/rushing TDs but QB rushing TDs are a kinda weird stat

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know Wilson has been top 3 in passing TDs for the past 5 years, right? I realize that you said combined passing/rushing TDs but QB rushing TDs are a kinda weird stat
Less weird when you notice that over 20% of rushing TDs were by a QB, and 12% of QB TDs were via the rush. The rushing TD leaders are littered with QBs. 5 QBs got more rushing TDs than Ezekiel Elliott last year (the #20 RB on the list with 6).

That fact itself is weird, but it makes the stat less weird.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Less weird when you notice that over 20% of rushing TDs were by a QB, and 12% of QB TDs were via the rush. The rushing TD leaders are littered with QBs. 5 QBs got more rushing TDs than Ezekiel Elliott last year (the #20 RB on the list with 6).

That fact itself is weird, but it makes the stat less weird.

Yeah but that doesn't necessarily mean that that it is a super useful stat. Was Taysom Hill a good QB last year because he rush for 8 TDs? Some QBs are given the ball inside the 5 a lot because the team doesn't have a very good goal line package.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After week #1 he has a 152.3 passing rating, which is over 20 points higher than the next best. A very large gap.

So as of now in this season he would currently have to be a top-2 based purely on the numbers as opposed to speculation.

Wilson is #2... Stafford is #1 at 156.1 (maybe you did not see Stafford´s name because you were expecting him at #16 as per his ranking in this thread)

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's separate his career value from his seasonal value (that second being the topic of the thread).

Career: Wilson is the best QB of all the classes from 2006 to 2015 - the only others in the conversation are Ryan, Stafford, Luck and Cam, and they've all been pretty spotty and Luck quit early. Wilson dominated a full decade of QB classes, which is something I don't think any other QB in NFL history can say.

You can even go back to the 2002 class and the only other QB is Rodgers, and to 2016 and Dak (not sure he counts; jury still out). Wilson is, at a bare minimum, one of the top three QBs out of an entire fifteen years of NFL draft classes. Barring a massive collapse, he's in the HOF.

Seasonal: there are several guys drafted before 2002 and after 2016 who are ahead of Wilson (Brees/Manning/Brady/Rodgers, and every year a couple of others have a great flash-in-the-pan season. So every year, except for maybe 2019, Wilson is nudged out of the top five. He's never been the top QB in a particular year, and he probably never will be.

But he'll always be in the top eight while others surge and fall from year to year. (See Career, above.)

But you do realize everything you are saying applies to almost every QB other than Rodgers, Brees and Manning (and he wasn't really only was playing at the beginning of Wilson's career). Spotty track records doesn't make you a top 3 guy, that is the point, when we look back at the last 9 years 4 QB's stand out above all right now: Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Wilson. Manning could be included but again only 12-14. So what you are saying is Wilson is a shoe-in HOF'r...but only a top 10 QB? lol Nope he has definitely been a top 5 guy over his career I'm not putting a guy in front of him bc of spotty track record. For example, I am not putting Josh Allen above Russell Wilson right now. Fantasy wise: of course but that is a different discussion. I think that's where you are confused bc a guy finishes above Wilson in a MVP doesn't mean he is a better QB. It's like saying Harden was better than Lebron bc he won a MVP.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should remember that like Wilson to some degree, Brees never won an MVP and was only an all pro once in his career. I think all pro and MVP should be taken into context.
In 2015 when Cam won it, I had no problem with Cam winning but I said then and was proven right that as great as Cam Newton was that season, he was still not a great QB overall. He was never a consistently good passer and we see it now that his legs and athleticism aren't the factor they once were.
Unless Lamar improves, he will be in that mold as well. No problem with his MVP win at all here but what is he when that running gift goes away or is neutralized. Wilson, at 30 is still very elusive and can still get you yards and first downs with his legs but he is an extremely good passer as well.
Now, having said that, it's time for Russell to win the Hawks another championship. It is a total team effort but he has to lead us to it or at the very least, win the NFC and get the team to the dance. Getting to the divisional game and losing is no longer acceptable. Us fans expect more from these guys.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but that doesn't necessarily mean that that it is a super useful stat. Was Taysom Hill a good QB last year because he rush for 8 TDs? Some QBs are given the ball inside the 5 a lot because the team doesn't have a very good goal line package.
Of course. Take away Cam's rushing, for example, and he never starts for an NFL team. With it, he was a first-team all-pro.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Take away Cam's rushing, for example, and he never starts for an NFL team. With it, he was a first-team all-pro.

Well he was only all-pro one year. When he had 35 passing TDs as well. He had 12 rushing TDs last year and didn't sniff a Pro Bowl nod even.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you do realize everything you are saying applies to almost every QB other than Rodgers, Brees and Manning (and he wasn't really only was playing at the beginning of Wilson's career). Spotty track records doesn't make you a top 3 guy, that is the point, when we look back at the last 9 years 4 QB's stand out above all right now: Brady, Rodgers, Brees and Wilson. Manning could be included but again only 12-14. So what you are saying is Wilson is a shoe-in HOF'r...but only a top 10 QB? lol Nope he has definitely been a top 5 guy over his career I'm not putting a guy in front of him bc of spotty track record. For example, I am not putting Josh Allen above Russell Wilson right now. Fantasy wise: of course but that is a different discussion. I think that's where you are confused bc a guy finishes above Wilson in a MVP doesn't mean he is a better QB. It's like saying Harden was better than Lebron bc he won a MVP.
I'll agree that among active QBs Wilson's career is top five. Good chance he'll be top-five this year.

I expect he'll be in the 4-to-6 range. He'll make the Pro Bowl or just miss, and get zero All-Pro votes.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was only all-pro one year. When he had 35 passing TDs as well. He had 12 rushing TDs last year and didn't sniff a Pro Bowl nod even.
And only threw eight.

Kyler Murray's 11 sure helped him make the Pro Bowl, though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll agree that among active QBs Wilson's career is top five. Good chance he'll be top-five this year.

I expect he'll be in the 4-to-6 range. He'll make the Pro Bowl or just miss, and get zero All-Pro votes.

Who are the 5 QBs you expect to have better seasons than Russell Wilson?

Russell Wilson has made the Pro Bowl 7 out of his 9 seasons. He has made the Pro Bowl the past 4 years. So, yeah. I'd say his chances are pretty good to make the Pro Bowl.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the 5 QBs you expect to have better seasons than Russell Wilson?

Russell Wilson has made the Pro Bowl 7 out of his 9 seasons. He has made the Pro Bowl the past 4 years. So, yeah. I'd say his chances are pretty good to make the Pro Bowl.
He's been very consistent, so I expect him to stay that way. The only real variable is the new offensive scheme, and it's too early to judge so I'll ignore it.

Kind of cheating since we already got to see Stafford soar and Rodgers crumple, but I'd put Mahomes, Brady and Rodgers ahead of him and Murray/Stafford/Lamar/Allen as the guys Wilson is in the mix with under that. Murray or Stafford could make a leap into the top tier. But Wilson won't. Brady and Rodgers could both fade and I expect Wilson still wouldn't be top three. Just too much competition.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is #2... Stafford is #1 at 156.1 (maybe you did not see Stafford´s name because you were expecting him at #16 as per his ranking in this thread)
No. The site I used hadn't updated when I was checking it (I forget if it was ESPN or other). By the time they did we were already past that. So my bad.