• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three firsts is a terrible idea for any player, period.

Way way too much draft capital for anybody, especially for a 33 year old with a lot of mileage on his tires.

First, third and player? Fine.

More than that? No. Let some other team gut their drafts.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Wills at #11 right now.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot_20220207-204647_Instagram.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the biggest hurdle would be getting Seattle to agree to trade Russ. If I'm the Skins I make them an offer they can't refuse. Scot Turner won seven games with a first place schedule and an XFL quarterback. You want to re-sign McLaurin? Trade for Russell Wilson.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly the biggest hurdle would be getting Seattle to agree to trade Russ. If I'm the Skins I make them an offer they can't refuse. Scot Turner won seven games with a first place schedule and an XFL quarterback. You want to re-sign McLaurin? Trade for Russell Wilson.

These are completely valid points. OTOH, how much is too much to trade for DangerRuss?

With 3 #1’s and another pick/player, that’s 3 years before you can add a potential blue chipper.

Is RW in the position to play his best, healthiest for the next four years? He wasnt great this year….

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hurt this year. We haven't had a QB throw for 30+ TDs since Sonny. Think about that. Russ has done that five times and threw for 40 the year before last. 3 1st and Payne and see what they say.

To be clear, I'm not Russ/Watson or bust. I just wanna take a swing at them and if I miss fall back on Pickett, Willis, and Corral.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was hurt this year. We haven't had a QB throw for 30+ TDs since Sonny. Think about that. Russ has done that five times and threw for 40 the year before last. 3 1st and Payne and see what they say.
Like buying a car .... go in and make an offer. Just don't pay twice what the car is worth.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be clear, I'm not Russ/Watson or bust. I just wanna take a swing at them and if I miss fall back on Pickett, Willis, and Corral.
And that beats Philly and what they can offer ? Also no way Seattle gives up RW with Geno Smith as his replacement

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that beats Philly and what they can offer ? Also no way Seattle gives up RW with Geno Smith as his replacement
Oh for sure. The biggest obstacle by far is Seattle actually trading him with a 70 year old coach.

I'm just glad if the relationship between the two is so bad that if it leads to a trade that he wouldn't be opposed to the Skins. To me that's all Ron. To me Ron is probably the thing that's holding franchise together.

Jason Wright can't tell the truth to save his life.

As for the Eagles, they said they were committed to Hurts, but they definitely have the ammo, but all their picks are late.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for sure. The biggest obstacle by far is Seattle actually trading him with a 70 year old coach.

I'm just glad if the relationship between the two is so bad that if it leads to a trade that he wouldn't be opposed to the Skins. To me that's all Ron. To me Ron is probably the thing that's holding franchise together.

Jason Wright can't tell the truth to save his life.

As for the Eagles, they said they were committed to Hurts, but they definitely have the ammo, but all their picks are late.
If you say your are committed to hurts and RW becomes available that’s just BS. . They would trade hurts in a New York minute

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say your are committed to hurts and RW becomes available that’s just BS. . They would trade hurts in a New York minute
Actually they would be crazy to trade hurts in favor of Wilson. The best move for Philly is in using their draft to bolster their team. They made the playoffs with him and solidifying the team makes them a tougher out in 2023/24.

Washington is the ONLY team in this division that won't give young QB's time and talent around them to get a genuine evaluation of the same.
NY Giants are doing it, Philly has signaled the will to do so and Dull-ass has their guy!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually they would be crazy to trade hurts in favor of Wilson. The best move for Philly is in using their draft to bolster their team. They made the playoffs with him and solidifying the team makes them a tougher out in 2023/24.

Washington is the ONLY team in this division that won't give young QB's time and talent around them to get a genuine evaluation of the same.
NY Giants are doing it, Philly has signaled the will to do so and Dull-ass has their guy!
I don’t see hurts being anything more then an avg qb

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see hurts being anything more then an avg qb
Two typical ways to rebuild your team...Get your QB first and build your team around him OR build your team then get your QB. Philly has that rare opportunity to build their team quickly with three draft selections in the first round, at least one of them will get traded down for more draft capital and/or players. They actually believe in Hurt's potential and maybe it's their way to inadvertently support a position that you have made time and again on these boards. ("you can win with average QB's")

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two typical ways to rebuild your team...Get your QB first and build your team around him OR build your team then get your QB. Philly has that rare opportunity to build their team quickly with three draft selections in the first round, at least one of them will get traded down for more draft capital and/or players. They actually believe in Hurt's potential and maybe it's their way to inadvertently support a position that you have made time and again on these boards. ("you can win with average QB's")
I believe that as history has shown . I am pretty. Sure the fecals don’t want Wilson in dc

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think one of these 5 and a draft pick is what will go down
Winston would be a very interesting choice.

The Saints reportedly want him back, but with their situation--Payton gone, cap crunch--he might look elsewhere for that chance to reestablish himself. And he'd come cheap too.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston would be a very interesting choice.

The Saints reportedly want him back, but with their situation--Payton gone, cap crunch--he might look elsewhere for that chance to reestablish himself. And he'd come cheap too.
People sleep on him