• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three 1st and Payne I would assume.

I'd do it. If Rodgers goes to Denver, you have the best QB in the Conference with a 3rd place schedule.

With the Skins playing the AFC South next year, you would have the best QB on the field for at least 16 of your 17 games assuming Rodgers moves to the AFC.

No way its costs that much. Wilson is 33. #11 and Payne should do it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we lose ALL of them by signing Wilson. No cap expert, but that seems a little hyperbolic.

Rodgers could be headed ro the AFC. The Saints are done. The Buccs are probably done. Wilson is the kind of QB with the kind of character you push your chips in on imo.
You can only push numbers back so far , no you won’t lose all of them but you might keep 2

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way its costs that much. Wilson is 33. #11 and Payne should do it.
You think Seattle will send you a PB-level QB for the 11th overall pick and a guy playing on his 5th year option? Really? I'd think that kind of offer would get your number blocked in Seattle.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing about RW , his cap hit is 37 mil next year , and 40 the following yr . You theoretically would be giving Seattle picks for a guy you don’t have anymore by the time you are done paying for the trade

At which time payne is a piece missing but he would add 8.5 mil in a trade

So we have 42 mil in cap space , with the trade Payne gives us 50.5 mil - 37 mil , that’s 13. Mil . Now you have settle to resign , JD ( BS is gone ) AH , sims and your draft picks

The following year , flowers, Wes , Holcomb TMac , curl Thomas . Samuel , sweat ionman come do with LC most likely gone

Good luck backloading all that and for what ? You would have to win the super bowl next year or the following year for it to be worth the 5 yrs it would take to get cap space and have drafts to get cheaper talent

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've heard is the Skins have the money to bring in a big name QB and a "piece or two."

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing about RW , his cap hit is 37 mil next year , and 40 the following yr . You theoretically would be giving Seattle picks for a guy you don’t have anymore by the time you are done paying for the trade

At which time payne is a piece missing but he would add 8.5 mil in a trade

So we have 42 mil in cap space , with the trade Payne gives us 50.5 mil - 37 mil , that’s 13. Mil . Now you have settle to resign , JD ( BS is gone ) AH , sims and your draft picks

The following year , flowers, Wes , Holcomb TMac , curl Thomas . Samuel , sweat ionman come do with LC most likely gone

Good luck backloading all that and for what ? You would have to win the super bowl next year or the following year for it to be worth the 5 yrs it would take to get cap space and have drafts to get cheaper talent
You're under the assumption that you'd trade for Wilson and let him play out his remaining contract. That's crazy talk. You'd sign him to an extension, which locks him up for years more and lowers his cap # for the next couple of years.

As for your FAs, again I think you're overreacting. JD is really the only FA priority this year for the Commies. Considering he's gonna turn 29 this season and ended the year on IR with a neck injury, he might be inclined to take the highest offer b/c he won't get another chance to cash in. Even though FA RBs don't get big bucks anymore, he'll want a significant raise over his the 2yr, 3.2M deal, as he's probably worth twice that much.

You probably have to pick one of Humphries or Sims, although losing either or both isn't much of a loss. One is all potential, no production and the other is the low-ceiling opposite. Sims was on a 2M RFA tender last year that he came nowhere close to earning--so if he wants much more than the minimum, you let him walk. Humphries only got about 1M last year, but he's generally good for 300-400yds per season (#3 or 4 WR). The team that paid him #2 WR money regretted it immediately. Don't make the same mistake.

I guess what I'm saying is that after getting Wilson, there will be cap space left. You're not losing every FA you have and you shoudln't be worrying about losing several of them anyway.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyler?
Screenshot_20220207-144116_Bleacher Report.jpg

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Murray mad about Kingsbury not getting an extension?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're under the assumption that you'd trade for Wilson and let him play out his remaining contract. That's crazy talk. You'd sign him to an extension, which locks him up for years more and lowers his cap # for the next couple of years.

As for your FAs, again I think you're overreacting. JD is really the only FA priority this year for the Commies. Considering he's gonna turn 29 this season and ended the year on IR with a neck injury, he might be inclined to take the highest offer b/c he won't get another chance to cash in. Even though FA RBs don't get big bucks anymore, he'll want a significant raise over his the 2yr, 3.2M deal, as he's probably worth twice that much.

You probably have to pick one of Humphries or Sims, although losing either or both isn't much of a loss. One is all potential, no production and the other is the low-ceiling opposite. Sims was on a 2M RFA tender last year that he came nowhere close to earning--so if he wants much more than the minimum, you let him walk. Humphries only got about 1M last year, but he's generally good for 300-400yds per season (#3 or 4 WR). The team that paid him #2 WR money regretted it immediately. Don't make the same mistake.

I guess what I'm saying is that after getting Wilson, there will be cap space left. You're not losing every FA you have and you shoudln't be worrying about losing several of them anyway.
When planning you have to start out as if nothing will change as far as contract . When you sign an extension that money either goes to bonus which is prorated or salary is backloaded.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly , 2 firsts and hurts. And Alex smith was 33

Where did you get that offer from Philly? We gave the Chiefs, Fuller and 2 thirds for Smith. So why isnt Payne and #11 enough?

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did you get that offer from Philly? We gave the Chiefs, Fuller and 2 thirds for Smith. So why isnt Payne and #11 enough?
Dean, I love man, but you are loud wrong on this.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson is in decline no way you trade that much for him at his age and needing so many other needs

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, I love man, but you are loud wrong on this.
We dont have the draft capital to make a trade IMO but I thought the #11 overall picks holds some weight. The Lions got 2 first round picks for Stafford but those picks will be super late in the draft.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The eagles can beat any offer the xskins Could reasonably put together and have a pro team in 3 yrs

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont have the draft capital to make a trade IMO but I thought the #11 overall picks holds some weight. The Lions got 2 first round picks for Stafford but those picks will be super late in the draft.
Nah, if you don't lead with three 1st, you're gonna get a dial tone. Now if you thinknthat is too much, you'd be in good company. Me, I want to.have the best QB in the Conference and join the rest of the league.

Our SB odds shoot way up the minute we make that trade.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
at the time he was a winning QB
There is a really big difference between Smith and Wilson. Yes both won games, but...

One made 9 PBs out of 10yrs in the league and was an MVP candidate. The other made 3 PBs in 13 yrs in the league.
One beat out a high-$ FA QB to start. The other lost his job twice to 2nd year QBs after taking the team deep into the playoffs.
One had 2 seasons out of 10 with a passer rating of less than 100; the other had 2 seasons out of 13 with a passer rating over 100.
One led his team the Super Bowl. The other wasn't good enough to get them to the SB.

One of those players is going to rightfully get a TON in trade; the other is gonna get Two 3rd rd picks and a CB.
#11 carries weight, but nowhere close enough to get a QB like Wilson. If you had the 8th AND the 11th pick this year, you're getting closer to maybe, but Seattle would still say no.

The Lions got 2 #1s for Stafford b/c they took Goff's horrific contract off the LAR's hands. That wouldn't be the case with Wilson. Yes, his contract was high-$, but unlike Goff, he was actually playing somewhere close to it. There is a big difference.