• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting because if he was here and all things remained the same, I'll bet your position would be completely opposite.
Perhaps but the commies wouldn’t be giving up 5 assets if he was here now would they ?

My stance would be the same as Rueben Fosters had when we signed him

We didn’t give up assets to get him

DW is innocent until proven guilty and how he gets cleared will be telling

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but the commies wouldn’t be giving up 5 assets if he was here now would they ?

My stance would be the same as Rueben Fosters had when we signed him

We didn’t give up assets to get him

DW is innocent until proven guilty and how he gets cleared will be telling
No, they would be asking for 5 assets or more too and if feeling the squeeze of time because he has not yet been dealt, they would realize that settling for less is what they're looking at.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's why they call it a trial. if there is evidence then the DA will indict him. i'm not saying there is but there is still a criminial investigation going on.
I have never seen or heard of anyone being convicted by a trail which the accuser says, "he/she did this to me", and now the burden of proof is on the opposing party to convince a trial the accuser is wrong. There must be evidence supporting wrong doing. If there is none, well, there is no burden of proof. What could happen is DW says these gals/massage therapist were recommendations from some fellow football buddy's. They came highly recommended for obvious reasons and those buddy's will testify that yes, these massage therapist regularly conducted these type of full-filling massages and now the target or hatchet if you will, falls squarely on DW since he is such a high profile NFL player. I'm not saying this will happen but this could get ugly for all.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have never seen or heard of anyone being convicted by a trail which the accuser says, "he/she did this to me", and now the burden of proof is on the opposing party to convince a trial the accuser is wrong. There must be evidence supporting wrong doing. If there is none, well, there is no burden of proof. What could happen is DW says these gals/massage therapist were recommendations from some fellow football buddy's. They came highly recommended for obvious reasons and those buddy's will testify that yes, these massage therapist regularly conducted these type of full-filling massages and now the target or hatchet if you will, falls squarely on DW since he is such a high profile NFL player. I'm not saying this will happen but this could get ugly for all.
if they have evidence they will go to trial. if they don't, then no charges.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was Conan O'Brien was still doing "in the year 2000" then we could know what will happen at QB for the commanders

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart. we are not a qb away from a super bowl title in '22.
With the addition of a WR1, this team is a top-flight QB away from being in the conversation. They would be favorites to make an actual deep run in the playoffs. From there who knows what might derail or propel them from a title.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russini says Packers don't want to trade Rodgers at all, but definitely not inside the Conference.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think I could give up three 1st, a 2nd, and Chase for two years of Rodgers.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports are that Rodgers might force the issue by insisting upon 50M per, this would effectively eliminate the Packers and cause them to move him. If true, you'd have to wonder which teams would be willing and able to meet his demands or question more of his BS about wanting to play with D. Adams as a condition for his return.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smart. we are not a qb away from a super bowl title in '22.
I agree. That's the factor that the made the Niners TRY to trade for Rodgers before last season. The Pack told SF that he wasn't being traded at all.
I dont think I could give up three 1st, a 2nd, and Chase for two years of Rodgers.
No way the Commies would pay that. It's too much for any one player. It's a Herschel Walker deal. I think the Packers are just making moonshot demands b/c they don't want to trade Rodgers at all.
Reports are that Rodgers might force the issue by insisting upon 50M per, this would effectively eliminate the Packers and cause them to move him. If true, you'd have to wonder which teams would be willing and able to meet his demands or question more of his BS about wanting to play with D. Adams as a condition for his return.
Why do Rodgers's demands matter? He's still under contract for 2 years. No matter what demands he makes, the Pack can literally make him either play for them or not play at all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That's the factor that the made the Niners TRY to trade for Rodgers before last season. The Pack told SF that he wasn't being traded at all.

No way the Commies would pay that. It's too much for any one player. It's a Herschel Walker deal. I think the Packers are just making moonshot demands b/c they don't want to trade Rodgers at all.

Why do Rodgers's demands matter? He's still under contract for 2 years. No matter what demands he makes, the Pack can literally make him either play for them or not play at all.
A void season was added in 2023, making the remaining contract a two-year deal through 2022.

Rodgers can’t be franchise-tagged by the Packers if he plays out the two seasons and becomes a true free agent in 2023.

The Packers are converting Rodgers’ base salary this year into a signing bonus and will save around $9.3 million in salary-cap space in 2021. Rodgers’ new cap hit in 2021 is around $27.9 million.

Trading Rodgers after this season would result in a dead cap hit of around $26.8 million but overall savings on the cap of almost $19.3 million.

According to Over the Cap, the Packers now have around $9.65 million in cap space after restructuring Rodgers’ deal.

This newly created cap space might open the door for more veteran additions as the team goes all-in with Rodgers. And while the team made it financially more stressful to trade Rodgers next year, everything still points to the team moving on from the future Hall of Fame quarterback in 2022. The team will not be able to handle a cap hit of over $46 million for Rodgers next year. In fact, the savings of moving on will be absolutely critical to getting the team in a suitable cap position.

At the very least, this point is hammered home: The Packers must either trade Rodgers in 2022, or – if the two sides get to a better place – figure out a reasonable contract extension. More than likely, Rodgers’ next team will be negotiating his next contract while the Packers transition to Jordan Love.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A void season was added in 2023, making the remaining contract a two-year deal through 2022. Rodgers can’t be franchise-tagged by the Packers if he plays out the two seasons and becomes a true free agent in 2023.
Ah, I must've missed the void year, added during that redo last June.
According to Over the Cap, the Packers now have around $9.65 million in cap space after restructuring Rodgers’ deal.

This newly created cap space might open the door for more veteran additions as the team goes all-in with Rodgers. And while the team made it financially more stressful to trade Rodgers next year, everything still points to the team moving on from the future Hall of Fame quarterback in 2022. The team will not be able to handle a cap hit of over $46 million for Rodgers next year. In fact, the savings of moving on will be absolutely critical to getting the team in a suitable cap position.

At the very least, this point is hammered home: The Packers must either trade Rodgers in 2022, or – if the two sides get to a better place – figure out a reasonable contract extension. More than likely, Rodgers’ next team will be negotiating his next contract while the Packers transition to Jordan Love.
You might want to check again. Over the Cap says the Packers are currently OVER the cap by about 40M. That's before tagging D.Adams (~20M).

Still, your point's spot on. The Packers' only real moves are either extend Rodgers, trade Rodgers in the next couple of weeks, or be forced to let him walk for nothing after the season.

I have to wonder if the Packers screwed themselves by refusing to trade Rodgers last year--the Niners were prepared to offer 3 #1s and more for him. Bill Walsh always said that it's better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, I must've missed the void year, added during that redo last June.

You might want to check again. Over the Cap says the Packers are currently OVER the cap by about 40M. That's before tagging D.Adams (~20M).

Still, your point's spot on. The Packers' only real moves are either extend Rodgers, trade Rodgers in the next couple of weeks, or be forced to let him walk for nothing after the season.

I have to wonder if the Packers screwed themselves by refusing to trade Rodgers last year--the Niners were prepared to offer 3 #1s and more for him. Bill Walsh always said that it's better to get rid of a player a year too early than a year too late.
Not wanting to extend Rodgers on a long term deal was their motivation for this to year deal. Rodgers actually wanted an additional two year per report and the Packers balked. I find it most interesting that there's no serious contract talk now, just posturing by both. One thing that puzzles me is the sudden underlying failure to get behind Jordan Love. I think that in a lot of ways Favre followed by a better player in Rodgers has them looking for the next step up instead of possibly taking a season hit as the rookie finds his groove. Could be that he (Love) isn't the answer and they are buying time until the draft to fill the spot. Now if I'm Love, after that BS stunt that Rodgers pulled last year with the aid of the team, I wouldn't have my heart into them either. I would want out!

If I had to guess, they're going to trade him (Rodgers)this year provided he doesn't retire and return next season in order to show 'em who's boss.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3