• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Seahawks have a QB and we are the only NFC team with the money. I'm sure they would love to get him to the NFC.

Living in Houston, real or not, the talk is that these message therapist were recommended to Watson by the team and other players on the team. Kinda a wink wink if you know what I mean.

The minute Watson asks to be traded all of this comes out. Supposedly the Lawyer who is defending these women is real close with the owner of the Texans.

Not sure if any of that is true, but at best Watson has a fedish for happy endings. (Allegedley)

I've had a membership at message envy for over ten years. Trust me, once you find one you really like you keep going to her. No one has 22 different masseuse.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS
Watson

Eight teams have enough salary cap space to acquire Deshaun Watson this offseason.​

A team would need at least $35 million in cap room to absorb Watson's salary hit, though several teams could clear enough cap space if they really wanted to take on the PR nightmare that would come with making Watson a team's franchise player. The Seahawks, Dolphins, Chargers, Bengals, Jaguars, Jets, Broncos, and Colts are the teams with more than $35 million in cap space. The Steelers and Commanders are within shouting distance of that number. The Texans quarterback faces more than 20 accusations of sexual misconduct -- legal issues that submarined his 2021 campaign in Houston. The Houston police department is also investigating the complaints of 10 women against Watson. ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported this week that the Vikings ($14.7 million over the cap) and Bucs ($6.8 million under the cap) are among teams interested in trading for Watson, 26. His no-trade clause means Watson would have to green light any trade the Texans can arrange in the coming weeks and months.
You can almost eliminate all AFC teams on this list. The Texans aren't going to trade Watson inside of their conference just like the Packers who won't trade A-a-ron to an NFC team.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was wondering. Oh and also allowed 3 dn conversions 48% of the time. Which incidentally was tied for 31st in the league.
yup. defense was/is atrocious.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, and swear to you all right now that the organization was told that they could keep the logo just change the name to something uplifting like the name of an actual tribe, warriors, and other non denigrating descriptors unlike the one that they had. The evidence of this is extremely clear if you note that in every instance the calls were for name, not logo change.

People got into their feelings instead of sticking with facts. I believe that had this distinction been taken into account lots of anti-name changers would have gladly participated in making this change.

Once Snyder became aware of demographic changes and how that affected future earnings, there was no way to stop them from doing what they did. @Breed, I don't know your age, but if you were born between 1946 and 1964 or between 1965 and 1987 this change needed zero input from you. Your power spending years are behind you and the focus is on 18 to 34 year Olds who are in their peak spending years. This is not subjective, almost everything commercialized is aimed at that group with the rare exceptions being an occasional depends, insurance, retirement or supplement type of commercial.
You're wrong. Native American groups ask NFL to force Redskins name change

By STEPHEN WHYNO AP Sports Writer
July 6, 2020, 2:33 PM

More than a dozen Native American leaders and organizations sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday calling for the league to force Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder to change the team name immediately.

The letter was signed by 15 Native American advocates and obtained by The Associated Press. It demands the team and the NFL cease the use of Native American names, imagery and logos — with specific importance put on Washington, which last week launched a “ thorough review ” of its name.

Aside from this forum, family, friends and a few strangers the last 2 who I had conversation with at the gas station. Cuz they commented on the Redskins sweat shirt commemorating their 3 Super Bowl titles I was wearing. Which incidentally was the last Skins merchandise I spent money on back in 1992. I've had no discussion never mind actual input into the name change. I'm curious though. What made you feel you had to tell me that?

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Native American groups ask NFL to force Redskins name change

By STEPHEN WHYNO AP Sports Writer
July 6, 2020, 2:33 PM

More than a dozen Native American leaders and organizations sent a letter to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Monday calling for the league to force Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder to change the team name immediately.

The letter was signed by 15 Native American advocates and obtained by The Associated Press. It demands the team and the NFL cease the use of Native American names, imagery and logos — with specific importance put on Washington, which last week launched a “ thorough review ” of its name.

Aside from this forum, family, friends and a few strangers the last 2 who I had conversation with at the gas station. Cuz they commented on the Redskins sweat shirt commemorating their 3 Super Bowl titles I was wearing. Which incidentally was the last Skins merchandise I spent money on back in 1992. I've had no discussion never mind actual input into the name change. I'm curious though. What made you feel you had to tell me that?
Once again, the objection centered around the use of that name in conjunction with the logo. I have stated previously that people never separated the two as has been demonstrated on this site many times over. In effect, you see that particular logo you think about the former name. Now, about my point on keeping the logo and rebranding,... renaming this team with that particular logo would have been a logical step had emotions not entered into this, thus substituting logical thought with emotional irrational thought. Take the Florida State football team as an example, when people see that logo they rightfully think of Seminoles, an actual name of our tribe. Had Snyder and company wanted to give honor to our people, how difficult would it have been to take the time to sit with members and rebrand that logo with an actual name of a tribe or as some have suggested "Warriors?"

The result??? All of this post-name change angst goes away and the transition is nearly flawless if they really sold it as "rebranding in honor of..."
I will admit that it might have taken some effort and time for the general public to disassociate the former name in favor of whatever that new name might have been but I'll take the position that such a transition would have been a lot easier and more quickly adapted to than going from the former to the current.

SN: I made that comment, albeit not necessarily solely directed to you, but as a general commentary on a demographic that seems to tie a lot of their anger at not really having input into the process. Thinking about it in retrospect, I could have easily posted it as a stan-alone general comment. In the never too old to learn department, I know better now, I'll take care to do better in future postings.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what to make of this. Take it for what it's worth.

Screenshot_20220221-093151_YouTube.jpgScreenshot_20220221-093216_YouTube.jpg

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know why anybody would make a deal for watson at this stage of the offseason, considering his legal troubles, which is exactly why I could see the Commanders doing exactly this deal.

Watson may or may not go to jail or play this upcoming season or next, but if the deal goes through the commanders will definitely not have this years first or second round pick, chase young, or next year’s third rounder.

If it looks like he’ll be acquitted and that he is willing to play in DC, it STILL is a bad look for the Commanders considering the sex harrassment alegations against the owner.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watson is great but the Texans are gonna have to lower their asking price if Watson can't settle these cases.

Screenshot_20220221-133616_Instagram.jpg

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim this morning on Sheehan.

Said odds are slim on Wilson, but a path he could see is Watson to Seattle, Wilson to Washington, and picks and player/players to Houston.

Stated the path for Washington to Carr is McDaniels trades for Jimmy G because he knows his system and the Raiders then move Carr. Keim said the owner doesn't like Carr but the old coaches did.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keim this morning on Sheehan.

Said odds are slim on Wilson, but a path he could see is Watson to Seattle, Wilson to Washington, and picks and player/players to Houston.

Stated the path for Washington to Carr is McDaniels trades for Jimmy G because he knows his system and the Raiders then move Carr. Keim said the owner doesn't like Carr but the old coaches did.
Can't trust Keim, that whole thing was a rehash of an internet story that has been circulating this past weekend. How does he in the first instance see slim odds for Wilson to Washington and follow that with a path that gets Wilson here? As stated he's voicing that silly rumor as if he's actually thoughtful about this.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said 10% but made it sound like if by some chance it did happen that would be the way.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have a press conference scheduled for tomorrow.

Screenshot_20220222-114754_Chrome.jpg

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers have a press conference scheduled for tomorrow.

View attachment 289869
So sick of A-a-ron and all of his annual off-season bullshit. Make a decision and go with it already. America has an addiction to middle-of-the-country Green Bay! Same old shit with Farve and now Rodgers and both played that addiction for all that it was worth. Is it Jordan Love's time, damn I hope so but only if he's immune from whatever it is that's infected his two predecessors!