• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He better get it together quick, he's playing with a solid defense and a elite WR. Lots of worse places to throw a tantrum at. Is it really shocking that a 20yr old used to winning all time is acting soft after a mid season meltdown and playoff loss????

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't appear that River shares your opinion. Otherwise, he'd not be pressing for a serious vet upgrade at QB.
When RR first hit the scene he said the turnaround would take 3-5 years. He wasn't only talking about on the field play, but the whole culture change. I thought that was reasonable. Then Cincy n LA went and did what they did. Cincy went from a last place team that won 4 games in 2020 to a play or 2 away from likely winning the Super Bowl for the 2021 season. The Rams did something even more dangerous. at least as it concerns this post. They wheeled n dealed via big name multiple trades their way to a SB victory.

I say that's even more dangerous due to the possibility of Snyder retaining the Skins if the other owners don't drop kick his ass out of ownership. The Bengals way to the Super Bowl seemed to happen overnight. It really didn't as multiple players who they drafted in the last 2 drafts made serious contributions for the Bengals on the road to the SB. If Snyder retains ownership he's gonna feel more empowered than ever and it's very unlikely he'll see or care about the nuance of how a couple good to very good drafts can change a team's fortune. Especially considering that the Skins really don't draft well. The Rams way to the SB is more dangerous cuz Snyder has engaged in the practice of big name trades n FA signings multiple times in the past. It wouldn't surprise me if he were to do so again if he retains the team. Unfortunately if a blueprint of that practice were to be published. The Rams of 2021 would be the 'how to do it' example whereas the Skins under Snyder's ownership. Could supply multiple examples of 'how not to do it' examples. Again I doubt Snyder cares or sees the nuances.

IMO the only card RR has to play if Snyder gets it in his head to fire him would be. Who are you gonna get to coach the team if you fire me. Not that he would play that card. It's desperate n RR is too prideful and rightfully so. But there is some merit in it as I believe Snyder was lucky to land RR. @Stymietee said if RR is fired he should hire Brian Flores and I gotta admit that would be something. Even in doing that though, the GM issue (RR's the GM right now) would still need to be addressed or completely ignored. Hell, maybe Snyder declares himself GM or gives the gig to the newly hired Brian Flores. However it would works. If RR is fired. A coach would have to be desperate as shit to want the Skins coaching job and Flores should have that going for him. He'd also have to think he's literally God's gift to coaching which incidentally Flores seems to believe according to the lawsuit he filed. So that's another feather in Flores' cap. And if he was literally radioactive and un-hirable, is that a word? when it came to coaching other teams, hey, wait a minute! Flores probably checks that box as well. Maybe this hiring thing wouldn't be so hard after all if RR is fired. Its all just speculation at this point I guess. Well just have to wait n see how it all goes down when it all goes down.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder being forced out is more devastating to RR then anything else

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snyder being forced out is more devastating to RR then anything else
Agreed, however the upside would be that Snyder is out.

I wonder how many on this board are willing to get Snyder out, even if the collateral damage comes in the form of Rivera losing his job?

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure new ownership would want to fire a well respected coach like RR.

That move would seem to suggest turmoil and a new owner, leery of the team’s recent past, would probably want to project stability in times of regime change.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, however the upside would be that Snyder is out.

I wonder how many on this board are willing to get Snyder out, even if the collateral damage comes in the form of Rivera losing his job?
oh yes definitely but all the actors who forced the name change ride off into the sunset

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That move would seem to suggest turmoil and a new owner, leery of the team’s recent past, would probably want to project stability in times of regime change.
that is one way to look at it but it erases the main thing that saves RR and thats fixing the culture . its not a wrong viewpoint though

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh yes definitely but all the actors who forced the name change ride off into the sunset
The name change whether forced (your characterization) now or happened over more time was inevitable.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The name change whether forced (your characterization) now or happened over more time was inevitable.
No telling on what happens over time

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The anti-name changers wouldn't want them to stay, citing some sort of betrayal as if what they thought mattered to a forward looking organization. (and country) To be clear, it doesn't and I believe that there's a whole lot of folks across the country, who would see a cleaning of the house as a necessity, rather than more turmoil.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No telling on what happens over time
It was inevitable, how could ultimately doing the right thing, not be? The country is changing and a lot of the normalized shit tolerated by previous and current older folks is finally getting a good look at and being changed.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could have hired KOC .... oh wait, RR didn't want him. Too late now. Other than BB or Reid the former Redskins or their offspring are the hottest thing in football.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was inevitable, how could ultimately doing the right thing, not be? The country is changing and a lot of the normalized shit tolerated by previous and current older folks is finally getting a good look at and being changed.
i dont no , i think a sleeping giant has awoken

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,321.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz so McDumbass doesn't trade Carr to Tampa and then trade for Carson.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont no , i think a sleeping giant has awoken
Looks more like, out with the old and in with the new. Just as it has always been in the country.

We baby boomers aren't going out without a fight, but time is undefeated, and 100% of us will go in the same manner as prior groups. So, now it looks like a bunch of aging folks trying to hold on to even older ways that made them "feel" comfortable but are no longer in vogue.

Knowing this what's the "sleeping giant" that you speak of?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The anti-name changers wouldn't want them to stay, citing some sort of betrayal as if what they thought mattered to a forward looking organization. (and country) To be clear, it doesn't and I believe that there's a whole lot of folks across the country, who would see a cleaning of the house as a necessity, rather than more turmoil.
Semi anti-name changer here. I understand why the name was changed, I didn't like it, but I understood it. What I didn't agree with and liked even less was the length that it was taken. I know there were peeps out there saying they needed to do away with the name, the colors and all things related to Native American culture. That imo went beyond what was necessary. The most logical name change to me has always been n always will be Warriors. Every culture/country/peoples that I'm aware of has had what would be called warriors/fighters/protectors. In tribes or clans that would likely would be every male of whatever age they had for when a boy turns into a man. At least one culture in Africa had female warriors and countries would have an army of warriors. Making it benign as the name could be attributed to all cultures and peoples. It flowed easy off the tongue and it retained a connection to the Skins past in a non-derogatory way. They could've designed a cool staggered interconnected double W as the logo and it's a wrap. If that didn't satisfy people, they could kick rocks.

And as the FO has proven to be liars time n time again. The we needed to get away from all things Native American related out of respect or whatever they said the reason was could be bullshit. For all we know. Snyder might demand that his mistresses and side pieces call him the commander while they're fuckin. I can see it now. I command you to pleasure Little Danny orally now says Snyder. Your wish is my command, Commander says ol' girl as she's thinking "Itty bitty danny is more like it with your having a baby's thumb for a dick janky ass. Too bad you can't command this little thing to grow, but I'll call you whatever you want. Long as you keep paying with fat stacks."

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi anti-name changer here. I understand why the name was changed, I didn't like it, but I understood it. What I didn't agree with and liked even less was the length that it was taken. I know there were peeps out there saying they needed to do away with the name, the colors and all things related to Native American culture. That imo went beyond what was necessary. The most logical name change to me has always been n always will be Warriors. Every culture/country/peoples that I'm aware of has had what would be called warriors/fighters/protectors. In tribes or clans that would likely would be every male of whatever age they had for when a boy turns into a man. At least one culture in Africa had female warriors and countries would have an army of warriors. Making it benign as the name could be attributed to all cultures and peoples. It flowed easy off the tongue and it retained a connection to the Skins past in a non-derogatory way. They could've designed a cool staggered interconnected double W as the logo and it's a wrap. If that didn't satisfy people, they could kick rocks.

And as the FO has proven to be liars time n time again. The we needed to get away from all things Native American related out of respect or whatever they said the reason was could be bullshit. For all we know. Snyder might demand that his mistresses and side pieces call him the commander while they're fuckin. I can see it now. I command you to pleasure Little Danny orally now says Snyder. Your wish is my command, Commander says ol' girl as she's thinking "Itty bitty danny is more like it with your having a baby's thumb for a dick janky ass. Too bad you can't command this little thing to grow, but I'll call you whatever you want. Long as you keep paying with fat stacks."
I agree, and swear to you all right now that the organization was told that they could keep the logo just change the name to something uplifting like the name of an actual tribe, warriors, and other non denigrating descriptors unlike the one that they had. The evidence of this is extremely clear if you note that in every instance the calls were for name, not logo change.

People got into their feelings instead of sticking with facts. I believe that had this distinction been taken into account lots of anti-name changers would have gladly participated in making this change.

Once Snyder became aware of demographic changes and how that affected future earnings, there was no way to stop them from doing what they did. @Breed, I don't know your age, but if you were born between 1946 and 1964 or between 1965 and 1987 this change needed zero input from you. Your power spending years are behind you and the focus is on 18 to 34 year Olds who are in their peak spending years. This is not subjective, almost everything commercialized is aimed at that group with the rare exceptions being an occasional depends, insurance, retirement or supplement type of commercial.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.
Well maybe that's their problem, they're participating in the wrong sport.

eh maybe they'll hit a home run in the draft