• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Semi anti-name changer here. I understand why the name was changed, I didn't like it, but I understood it. What I didn't agree with and liked even less was the length that it was taken. I know there were peeps out there saying they needed to do away with the name, the colors and all things related to Native American culture. That imo went beyond what was necessary. The most logical name change to me has always been n always will be Warriors. Every culture/country/peoples that I'm aware of has had what would be called warriors/fighters/protectors. In tribes or clans that would likely would be every male of whatever age they had for when a boy turns into a man. At least one culture in Africa had female warriors and countries would have an army of warriors. Making it benign as the name could be attributed to all cultures and peoples. It flowed easy off the tongue and it retained a connection to the Skins past in a non-derogatory way. They could've designed a cool staggered interconnected double W as the logo and it's a wrap. If that didn't satisfy people, they could kick rocks.

And as the FO has proven to be liars time n time again. The we needed to get away from all things Native American related out of respect or whatever they said the reason was could be bullshit. For all we know. Snyder might demand that his mistresses and side pieces call him the commander while they're fuckin. I can see it now. I command you to pleasure Little Danny orally now says Snyder. Your wish is my command, Commander says ol' girl as she's thinking "Itty bitty danny is more like it with your having a baby's thumb for a dick janky ass. Too bad you can't command this little thing to grow, but I'll call you whatever you want. Long as you keep paying with fat stacks."
There are still teams out there that use Native American names such as the Chiefs, Black Hawks, Seminoles, Chippewa's etc. Warriors was a no brainer. As you said Warrior could mean people anywhere.

Viking women were warriors and Israeli women .... hell American women are warriors now too. There are a zillion tribes, they could have asked for permission to use the name of a tribe. They could have been the Lances, the Tomahawks. There were so many things they could have tried especially if they were going to take a year and a half to choose a name.

My mind is made up, they will always be the Washington Redskins to me.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahah.
Chase them windmills, skinsdad! You and Sancho Panza almost have them!

Get em!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we put aside QB talk for 1 second & focus on the lack of defense?

25th in Points Allowed
26th in Yards Per Play
Only 19 Turnovers(21st)
Led the NFL in passing TDs allowed(34!)
Allowed points on 42.4% of drives(26th)

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played poorly in the 1st half, better in the 2nd half of season. Personally, JDR either needs to go or bring him in some coaching help because I do not like how the defense is trending from one year to another.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played poorly in the 1st half, better in the 2nd half of season. Personally, JDR either needs to go or bring him in some coaching help because I do not like how the defense is trending from one year to another.
They need at least 2 really good linebackers whether it's free agency or the draft

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every DC since GW has needed to be replaced.? Does anyone think there might be a problem somewhere else.

Meanwhile the organization did not retain Kyle, McVay, LaFleur or KOC. All coaches in the NFL now. It doesn't seem too hard to figure out where the problem is.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we put aside QB talk for 1 second & focus on the lack of defense?

25th in Points Allowed
26th in Yards Per Play
Only 19 Turnovers(21st)
Led the NFL in passing TDs allowed(34!)
Allowed points on 42.4% of drives(26th)
They will be better in 2022, than last year simply because of scheduling and not having to face the same QB's from a year ago.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every DC since GW has needed to be replaced.? Does anyone think there might be a problem somewhere else.

Meanwhile the organization did not retain Kyle, McVay, LaFleur or KOC. All coaches in the NFL now. It doesn't seem too hard to figure out where the problem is.
I thinks its possible, probable even, that had any of those 3 stayed in DC. It would've hurt their careers more than helped the Skins on the field. Not thayt they wouldn't of been able to recover, but the gloom n doom of Snyder is a powerful thing. A porwerful thing indeed.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thinks its possible, probable even, that had any of those 3 stayed in DC. It would've hurt their careers more than helped the Skins on the field. Not thayt they wouldn't of been able to recover, but the gloom n doom of Snyder is a powerful thing. A porwerful thing indeed.
I couldn't agree more.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS
Watson

Pro Football Network reports there is "no specific timetable" on Deshaun Watson's sexual assault cases.​

Facing 22 civil lawsuits, Watson is also the subject of "10 active criminal complaints." As such, his trade market remains in a "holding pattern." Aaron Wilson reports the Texans "would prefer to have closure on this issue before the start of free agency on March 16," but there appears to be almost no shot of that happening. In the criminal case, there has yet to be any "DNA, audio, or video evidence submitted or discovered by Houston Police detectives." The civil case, meanwhile, could be "pushed back to a later date due to the fact that not all 22 of the complainants have been deposed." Trade rumors have come and gone, but the deeply troubling underlying facts that have prevented anything happening for the past year remain.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DESHAUN WATSONQB, HOUSTON TEXANS
Watson

Eight teams have enough salary cap space to acquire Deshaun Watson this offseason.​

A team would need at least $35 million in cap room to absorb Watson's salary hit, though several teams could clear enough cap space if they really wanted to take on the PR nightmare that would come with making Watson a team's franchise player. The Seahawks, Dolphins, Chargers, Bengals, Jaguars, Jets, Broncos, and Colts are the teams with more than $35 million in cap space. The Steelers and Commanders are within shouting distance of that number. The Texans quarterback faces more than 20 accusations of sexual misconduct -- legal issues that submarined his 2021 campaign in Houston. The Houston police department is also investigating the complaints of 10 women against Watson. ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reported this week that the Vikings ($14.7 million over the cap) and Bucs ($6.8 million under the cap) are among teams interested in trading for Watson, 26. His no-trade clause means Watson would have to green light any trade the Texans can arrange in the coming weeks and months.