• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MMQB's Albert Breer reports Washington is "preparing to take a big swing at a quarterback" this offseason.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he's charged by PD?
You take that risk at a much lower price. I'm certain that Houston wants it over and done with, but right now there are no takers. Make the sell, we take him now, sight of clearance unknown but at the low, low price of...

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take that risk at a much lower price. I'm certain that Houston wants it over and done with, but right now there are no takers. Make the sell, we take him now, sight of clearance unknown but at the low, low price of...
This is hypothetical. The Texans are not going to give DW away. You say they want it done and over with but that is hypothetical. Do they? I'm certain a line in the sand has been established with what the Texans will take to "get it over and done with", which will amount to multiple first. Do you take on a problem not knowing the resolution? Sounds very risky to mortgage the immediate future for something unknown. Hope is not a strategy nor a solution.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is hypothetical. The Texans are not going to give DW away. You say they want it done and over with but that is hypothetical. Do they? I'm certain a line in the sand has been established with what the Texans will take to "get it over and done with", which will amount to multiple first. Do you take on a problem not knowing the resolution? Sounds very risky to mortgage the immediate future for something unknown. Hope is not a strategy nor a solution.
Also what if he goes to jail ? Say 10 years ? Then you dick up your future and you don’t get the qb who went 4-12 his last season

Now he would fit in to the sexual abuse culture seemingly
Not so much with the drug ring though

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah too much unknown and like dad says there is possibility of criminal trial and jail time.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah too much unknown and like dad says there is possibility of criminal trial and jail time.
I find it hard to believe he does time over he said, she said. Where is the evidence needed to convict him? Photos? Recording which likely is not legal in court. Where is the evidence this guy committed sexual assault? I'm curious how any of this leads to jail time.

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find it hard to believe he does time over he said, she said. Where is the evidence needed to convict him? Photos? Recording which likely is not legal in court. Where is the evidence this guy committed sexual assault? I'm curious how any of this leads to jail time.
that's why they call it a trial. if there is evidence then the DA will indict him. i'm not saying there is but there is still a criminial investigation going on.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I 100% agree with you especially since you've carved out the most meaningful part of my original point. ("getting him at the low, low price of...")

It is not just a matter of saying that "they want it over and done with" but realizing that the crucial element in that statement is time. We are now officially in the post-season, up next is franchise tagging, free agency, and the draft. On the back end of all of this is are contracts that paralyze almost anything that they can do to prepare their team for the upcoming season. Watson's cap hit for the 2022 season is $40.4 million, while Tunsils sits at $26.2 million, and Cooks will cost $16.2 million. Those are the three most expensive players on Houston's roster. So, yeah, they've got to go. Not ONLY do they have to go, but the sooner the better! That alone supports my position and answers your question "do they??" This is no longer a "hypothetical" situation, TIME is now a gigantic factor and every day that passes without some action on their part drives the price down in opposition to any contrived " established line in the sand" minimum that they will take. I do agree with you that " hope is not a strategy nor a solution," but sound reasoning gives rise to both hopefulness and solutions.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also what if he goes to jail ? Say 10 years ? Then you dick up your future and you don’t get the qb who went 4-12 his last season

Now he would fit in to the sexual abuse culture seemingly
Not so much with the drug ring though
We can "what if" ourselves out of doing the best thing for this team as has been done to get them in the sad state of affairs that they currently find themselves. I get fear, it paralyzes! So, let's examine your "dick up your future" position. What exactly is so inspirational about the last 20 years that they risk "dicking up their future?" What future is that,? more of the same,? or, are we to infer something different in the way and manner in which they draft and employ players? If so, I'm all for that, but if not... C'mon man!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too! (can I use that?) :D

dcrising

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is nothing more than fear!
if he doesn't have any criminal charges come down i would not mind a trade even if he is suspended for the entire season by the league.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can "what if" ourselves out of doing the best thing for this team as has been done to get them in the sad state of affairs that they currently find themselves. I get fear, it paralyzes! So, let's examine your "dick up your future" position. What exactly is so inspirational about the last 20 years that they risk "dicking up their future?" What future is that,? more of the same,? or, are we to infer something different in the way and manner in which they draft and employ players? If so, I'm all for that, but if not... C'mon man!
Until he is cleared you can’t move on him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if he doesn't have any criminal charges come down i would not mind a trade even if he is suspended for the entire season by the league.
Losing one to gain 10 or 11 is smart.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until he is cleared you can’t move on him
That's interesting because if he was here and all things remained the same, I'll bet your position would be completely opposite.