• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Midseason Trade Ideas

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, which is why I say they won't trade to get anyone with a first.
If ur going to regardless of cap hit Peterson is a future HOF , and we don’t hit with great efficiency on firsts, hell toss the first for
Peterson and a second or third for Conley and boom

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao....this could be the reason why we don't trade first round picks anymore........

• The Steelers traded their 1939 pick (2nd overall) to the Chicago Bears.[8]
  • b The Steelers traded their 1941 pick (3rd overall) to the Chicago Bears (3rd overall)[9]
  • c This was a lottery bonus pick.[10]
  • d The Steelers traded their 1958 pick (8th overall) to the San Francisco 49ers.[11]
  • e The Steelers traded their 1959 pick (8th overall) to the San Francisco 49ers.[12]
  • f The Steelers traded their 1961 pick (6th overall) to the San Francisco 49ers.[13]
  • g The Steelers traded their 1963 pick (11th overall) to the Chicago Bears.[14]
  • h The Steelers traded their 1965 pick (3rd overall) to the Chicago Bears.[15]
  • i The Steelers traded their 1967 pick (9th overall) to the Green Bay Packers.[16]
All but one of these was a to ten pick......WTF. :scratch:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomlin has turned this team so drastically from what we've all been accustomed to, it's tough to even see this team as what we've all grown up with. Tomlin is suppose to be this great defensive mind, yet his defence is abysmal. He's built this great offense, yet they have been unable to achieve this greatness with him. The Rooney's don't and won't fire a head coach with a winning record, and I'm sure they don't meddle in Tomlin's rule over anything in the FO. It just seems being mediocre is the new normal for this team.

Shit, I've been doing some deep research and reading.....it seems this way of play is also acceptable to the players also.....
There doesn't seem to be as much turmoil in the locker as we've been led to believe.....the anger towards bell seems to be made up....Tomlin is more of a leader to this team than we actually have perceived.....I'm just in shock to some of the things I've been finding and hearing.....
It's truly mind blowing. Back in the day the Steelers would not hesitate to get rid of a big name guy to make a point, today it just seems the desperation by the FO is actually more desperate than we could of ever imagined. Hell, Tomlin had himself dumped and kicked Steeler greats to the curb.....but now he's trying desperately to hang onto crazy shit.....I'm not even convinced anymore that bell is done as a Steeler. I'm leaning towards he may get his contract....
I just wish he would just go away, but the shit I've seen recently, I don't think that's going to happen......

I can honestly say, I don't recognize this team anymore.

Wow! Lotta truth there brother...the entire league is different from what us 70s era fans grew up watching so I don't beat him up as much over that and the players of today are different...players around the league seem to like MT.

I don't know if a Parcells or a Cowher type would be as successful in this era. But yeah I don't want to beat dead horse but like I've said...I was with Tomlin kind of through the rebuild and his draft failures, but after the way they coached that AFCCG game scared like that, just sitting back in a zone and getting picked a fucking part by one of the most accurate QBs ever, rushing 3 and 4 vs 5 blockers and no stud pass rushers?...secondary was sitting ducks.

You win this game and you have a chance to raise the bar to 7 and that's how you coached, like leading sheep to slaughter, but I digress...I've lost a lot of respect for him as a coach.

Whatever happens...happens now...I'm still engaged, just addicted in that sense, but in spite of that rant there, not getting my BP up over it anymore.

Happy Saturday Psych!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im just saying its highly unlikely but if we traded our first and second we would get 2 cbs with at least 2 years on their contracts in instantly turn our shitty secondary into a strength...................a guy can hope and wish

haden/peterson the 1-2, conley 3. yowza:nod:

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Lotta truth there brother...the entire league is different from what us 70s era fans grew up watching so I don't beat him up as much over that and the players of today are different...players around the league seem to like MT.

I don't know if a Parcells or a Cowher type would be as successful in this era. But yeah I don't want to beat dead horse but like I've said...I was with Tomlin kind of through the rebuild and his draft failures, but after the way they coached that AFCCG game scared like that, just sitting back in a zone and getting picked a fucking part by one of the most accurate QBs ever, rushing 3 and 4 vs 5 blockers and no stud pass rushers?...secondary was sitting ducks.

You win this game and you have a chance to raise the bar to 7 and that's how you coached, like leading sheep to slaughter, but I digress...I've lost a lot of respect for him as a coach.

Whatever happens...happens now...I'm still engaged, just addicted in that sense, but in spite of that rant there, not getting my BP up over it anymore.

Happy Saturday Psych!

Even with douche canoe Tomlin running things, I understand times change, but common sense tells you.....and Steelers history.....you have a lead in the fourth quarter it's time to get all the big boys on the line and just run run run.....
Pound the ball, eat the clock, and beat the opponent into submission.

But then again with all the bullshit big words Tomlin uses, I'm sure common sense isn't one of them.
The BP thing.....who are you kidding.....you are cut from the same cloth, you, me, and that @FaCe-LeE-uS fella are telling at the tv and scratching your head going, "WHY, why the he'll would you do that???" Even @SteelersPride kid is flipping shit....and we all know SP, you weren't lucky enough to experience the 80's. :lol: feel fortunate.

But this is a team that has more yards rushing than any team ever, and it's frustrating and sucks we are now a pass first and rush second team anymore.

Hope you had a good weekend buddy.....I spent my Saturday in Philly watching the Flyers stomp some ass!!!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with douche canoe Tomlin running things, I understand times change, but common sense tells you.....and Steelers history.....you have a lead in the fourth quarter it's time to get all the big boys on the line and just run run run.....
Pound the ball, eat the clock, and beat the opponent into submission.

But then again with all the bullshit big words Tomlin uses, I'm sure common sense isn't one of them.
The BP thing.....who are you kidding.....you are cut from the same cloth, you, me, and that @FaCe-LeE-uS fella are telling at the tv and scratching your head going, "WHY, why the he'll would you do that???" Even @SteelersPride kid is flipping shit....and we all know SP, you weren't lucky enough to experience the 80's. :lol: feel fortunate.

But this is a team that has more yards rushing than any team ever, and it's frustrating and sucks we are now a pass first and rush second team anymore.

Hope you had a good weekend buddy.....I spent my Saturday in Philly watching the Flyers stomp some ass!!!
lol no not much of the 80's im 34...........sounds like a nice ass weekend, even if you are a flyers fan!i think they need to even things back out............and yes for f's sake run with a lead

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol no not much of the 80's im 34...........sounds like a nice ass weekend, even if you are a flyers fan!i think they need to even things back out............and yes for f's sake run with a lead

Damn to be that young again....:dhd:

:suds:

The 80's, days of Bubby Brister (who was actually good) Mark Malone, cliff stout (that guy sucked beyond suck) David Woodley, Steve Bono, Scott Campbell, Todd Blackledge.......

And people wonder why us old school Steelers fans are so bitter.....:lol:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn to be that young again....:dhd:

:suds:

The 80's, days of Bubby Brister (who was actually good) Mark Malone, cliff stout (that guy sucked beyond suck) David Woodley, Steve Bono, Scott Campbell, Todd Blackledge.......

And people wonder why us old school Steelers fans are so bitter.....:lol:
hahaha i do remember bubby brister! the others not so much, were in for it when ben goes bye bye...........

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hahaha i do remember bubby brister! the others not so much, were in for it when ben goes bye bye...........

The 80's part 2.....

Only good thing that will come from Ben leaving is it won't be so difficult to get rid of assface Tomlin then.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 80's part 2.....

Only good thing that will come from Ben leaving is it won't be so difficult to get rid of assface Tomlin then.
yeah hes gonna face plant, unless they get lucky with dobbs or rudolph. dobbs did have a significant jump year 1 to 2, but i dunno hes the answer.

Rudolph i didnt like comingout of college. I also dont buy they had a 1st on him. THe media sure does. But if they did, why didnt they take him round 2! what , did they have a top 10 grade on james washington

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Second thing that pissed me off about Cowher, giving Neil o'dipshit the qb job over Bubby

Glad Brister got his super bowl rings, even if it was with Denver.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah hes gonna face plant, unless they get lucky with dobbs or rudolph. dobbs did have a significant jump year 1 to 2, but i dunno hes the answer.

Rudolph i didnt like comingout of college. I also dont buy they had a 1st on him. THe media sure does. But if they did, why didnt they take him round 2! what , did they have a top 10 grade on james washington

Yea, they don't make them like Ben anymore......
And if they do, lightning won't strike us twice with that luck!!!!

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao....this could be the reason why we don't trade first round picks anymore........

• The Steelers traded their 1939 pick (2nd overall) to the Chicago Bears.[8]
  • b The Steelers traded their 1941 pick (3rd overall) to the Chicago Bears (3rd overall)[9]
  • c This was a lottery bonus pick.[10]
  • d The Steelers traded their 1958 pick (8th overall) to the San Francisco 49ers.[11]
  • e The Steelers traded their 1959 pick (8th overall) to the San Francisco 49ers.[12]
  • f The Steelers traded their 1961 pick (6th overall) to the San Francisco 49ers.[13]
  • g The Steelers traded their 1963 pick (11th overall) to the Chicago Bears.[14]
  • h The Steelers traded their 1965 pick (3rd overall) to the Chicago Bears.[15]
  • i The Steelers traded their 1967 pick (9th overall) to the Green Bay Packers.[16]
All but one of these was a to ten pick......WTF. :scratch:
I was going to bring up that prior to '69 the Steelers routinely traded away 1st round picks for veteran talent. And not good talent either! It's one of the first things Dan Rooney and Chuck Noll changed about how the Steelers did things.