• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Vampire League

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance
@HaroldSeattle
@SteelersPride
@MilkSpiller22
@TREFF
@leftypower
@Yellow Fuzzies
@ehb5
@Trudem
@broncosmitty
@TKOSpikes
@Ram Tough
@averagejoe
@Barilko
@Chef99
@bksballer89
@obxyankeefan
@SmokingMonkey
@femurov
@Stomp
@FaCe-LeE-uS
@Sam Sportboy
@SoShady

So I'm only going to open this up to MBBRL guys first and if we don't end up with the required 12 then we will open it up to more people. This is in response to obx on the MBBRL thread asking about the Vampire League that was discussed briefly last year that was taken from a Matthew Berry article.

We'll have to wait until we get a little closer to the season to do the draft, as you really have to be as close to the start as possible to do this. I went back and read everything that was posted last year and I think the ideas that were most agreed upon were that it would be a 12 team league with two vampires. You would have a standard 10 team draft which I'm almost certain would have to be manual unless I can figure out a way to configure the draft to let the first 10 teams draft and then have the last two teams draft after they are done. Because of all the settings that are going to have to be used, I might have to use Fantrax because they have a lot more options for drafting than ESPN does, but I'll figure that out.

Here is what I am thinking:

It would be full point PPR, with a starting lineup the same as the MBBRL (1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 FLEX, 1 K, 1 D/ST) but we would need to have at least a 7 player bench and possibly a 9 player bench which would be 16-18 total players (otherwise the vampires will have an advantage with too many options). We will vote on the exact number later and we can also decide if you want to make it to where teams have to draft 2 QB, 2 TE, 2 K, and 2 D/ST as part of their roster or just let people do whatever they want. There will be no waiver wire moves for the 10 regular teams (vampires can make unlimited waiver moves) and no trades allowed unless it's from one of the vampires beating you and stealing one of your players. The vampires can only trade for/steal a player that was in the starting lineup against them, they have to play the same position, and the vampire has to send the team a player that was also in their starting lineup. (this is to avoid the vampires trading their kicker for a running back or a bench player for your star) However, we discussed that there would be two IR spots for each team and if the player is eligible to be put on IR then that team would be allowed to pick up a free agent to replace said player after the vampire teams make any waiver claims for the week. Hope you're with me so far. Teams would have to field a full lineup (a player in at each position, which means if you want to start somebody that is on bye or injured that is perfectly acceptable if you want to protect one of your studs) but there is no rule against "tanking" a week and not putting any of your studs in the your lineup if you think you don't have much of a shot against the vampire. If we have enough guys interested, I'll set it up and figure out the best site to use for the options we'll need. It will be first come, first serve if you want to participate. Other than @tlance and @ehb5 who get first dibs at the vampire, because I do believe that we started this discussion in October last year and it was decided that the fairest way to do the vampires were the two champions of the MBBRL A and B leagues. If one of them doesn't want to do it, then it would just be a blind draw to see who got to be the other vampire. Oh yeah, and you'd be fighting for one of the 9 other spots because I get one of them :)

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds good i'm in

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds fun. I’ll do it

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in but i need to read the rules.... might take me a while...

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll be monitoring from afar, I have an extremely hard time not seeing 12 people ready to try a new version of fantasy

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am in even though I don't quite understand the concept yet. I will get it before we start.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on the fence. Sounds like an interesting game...for the vampires.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill supply blood for a vampire but i warn ya the vamp better have a taste for 1388H.jpg

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in. I might change my mind, but I want to secure my spot and see how this develops. Maybe I can end up trading the spot for a player in one of the other MBBRL leagues...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im in but i need to read the rules.... might take me a while...

tumblr_mzx7epMyPk1r5k9koo2_250.gif
:pound::pound::pound:

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks @Bandit, but I'm gonna pass.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does the vampire have to win the matchup to steal a player??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if I am to understand the vampire leagues, the point is that a vampire should have the disadvantage in the beginning of the season, but an overwhelming advantage at the end of the season... and assuming they make the playoffs, they should dominate....

I am guessing you would have to do 2 divisions, and there would be no scheduled games for interdivisions matchups...

One vampire per division...

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they will only be at an overwhelming advantage if they actually win some games. Everybody seems to think that the vampire is going to be the best team at the end of the season, but if they don't win early it isn't going to matter. You have to figure that to make the playoffs in a 12 team league you're going to need to go 7-6 at least, which isn't easy if you start out 1-4 regardless of your lineup. To answer your other question, no divisions, 13 week regular season, 6 teams make the playoffs with the #1 and #2 seeds getting first round byes. The schedule will be for the first ten weeks everybody plays each of the vampire teams once. In weeks 11 and 12 the schedule from weeks 1 and 2 would be repeated and in week 13 all the 10 standard teams would play the one opponent they haven't played yet and the two vampire teams would play each other. Yes it would be a disadvantage for the two teams to play the vampire teams twice, but you have to remember, they would also be playing them weeks 1 and 2 which would also be the most advantageous time to play them. Once the playoffs start the vampire rules of the regular season are thrown out the window. Waivers would be open to all teams. You'll have your two bye teams and #3 would play #6 and #4 would play #5. The winners of those two games would have vampire rules in effect, so if #3 beats #6 he gets to vampire a player from that team and the same with the winner of the #4 and #5 game. Same rules for vampiring a player as you have to trade a player from your starting lineup for a player in the other team's starting lineup at the same position. And since that would leave the #1 and #2 seed at a disadvantage because they wouldn't get to vampire anybody of their own, the #1 seed will be allowed to vampire any one player from any of the non-playoff team's rosters and after he does that, the #2 seed will get to do the same thing. They would have to trade a player that was in their starting lineup the last week of the regular season which would be week 13 and they can trade for any player on the other rosters. So all four teams that survive into round 2 of the playoffs (week 15) would have all vampired a player the week before. #1 seed plays the worst remaining seed and #2 seed plays the other team just like in the NFL playoffs and the same vampire rules apply to these games where both winning teams get to vampire a player from the losing team. The Super Bowl will truly be a battle of juggernauts.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they will only be at an overwhelming advantage if they actually win some games. Everybody seems to think that the vampire is going to be the best team at the end of the season, but if they don't win early it isn't going to matter. You have to figure that to make the playoffs in a 12 team league you're going to need to go 7-6 at least, which isn't easy if you start out 1-4 regardless of your lineup. To answer your other question, no divisions, 13 week regular season, 6 teams make the playoffs with the #1 and #2 seeds getting first round byes. The schedule will be for the first ten weeks everybody plays each of the vampire teams once. In weeks 11 and 12 the schedule from weeks 1 and 2 would be repeated and in week 13 all the 10 standard teams would play the one opponent they haven't played yet and the two vampire teams would play each other. Yes it would be a disadvantage for the two teams to play the vampire teams twice, but you have to remember, they would also be playing them weeks 1 and 2 which would also be the most advantageous time to play them. Once the playoffs start the vampire rules of the regular season are thrown out the window. Waivers would be open to all teams. You'll have your two bye teams and #3 would play #6 and #4 would play #5. The winners of those two games would have vampire rules in effect, so if #3 beats #6 he gets to vampire a player from that team and the same with the winner of the #4 and #5 game. Same rules for vampiring a player as you have to trade a player from your starting lineup for a player in the other team's starting lineup at the same position. And since that would leave the #1 and #2 seed at a disadvantage because they wouldn't get to vampire anybody of their own, the #1 seed will be allowed to vampire any one player from any of the non-playoff team's rosters and after he does that, the #2 seed will get to do the same thing. They would have to trade a player that was in their starting lineup the last week of the regular season which would be week 13 and they can trade for any player on the other rosters. So all four teams that survive into round 2 of the playoffs (week 15) would have all vampired a player the week before. #1 seed plays the worst remaining seed and #2 seed plays the other team just like in the NFL playoffs and the same vampire rules apply to these games where both winning teams get to vampire a player from the losing team. The Super Bowl will truly be a battle of juggernauts.

just assumed divisions since it would be easier to balance the schedule... the only thing I fear is a non vampire team to play the 2 vampire teams earlier on in the season before the vampire teams get good… if they don't get a player stolen, then the randomness gives them an advantage... But however you wanna do it... I don't care..