• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Midseason Trade Ideas

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gareon Conley really is on the trade block in Oakland, I'd throw a mid round pick, up to a 3rd for him. See what happens.

If the Steelers have any hope of making a run, that CB2 needs upgraded, and the solution isn't in-house.

I would do that trade. Great games against Cleveland and Denver.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden prefers vets, and doesn't want the previous regime's picks.

Conley doesn't seem like the problem there.

But his participation has dropped like a rock.

Make this HAPPEN.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gruden prefers vets, and doesn't want the previous regime's picks.

Conley doesn't seem like the problem there.

But his participation has dropped like a rock.

Make this HAPPEN.
I mean, Gruden seems to be wanting to trade the entire team away so why the hell not trade Conley away to a team that needs some help at that position. Make a move, Steelers! What we got ain't working.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Gareon Conley really is on the trade block in Oakland, I'd throw a mid round pick, up to a 3rd for him. See what happens.

If the Steelers have any hope of making a run, that CB2 needs upgraded, and the solution isn't in-house.

3 trades that make sense for the Pittsburgh Steelers

I tend to agree on the run situation, but would you reach higher for Peterson? I would...tired of settling for a warm body that happens to be available.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree on the run situation, but would you reach higher for Peterson? I would...tired of settling for a warm body that happens to be available.

No way Pittsburgh goes to get Peterson.....

The salary he carries, can't see it happening.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Pittsburgh goes to get Peterson.....

The salary he carries, can't see it happening.

No, I don't either but if they were going to pay butthead 15 mil per...why not put that cap hit on the weakest part of the team...the DEF, specifically CB.

It's never made any sense to me to be doing the major league tango with Bell when you're leaking oil badly on DEF...but I know they wanted to prop up Ben with as many weapons as they could afford.

I'm not calling the other guy a warm body really just making a point...if they could get Conley, you get him.

FWIW...Peterson's cap hit.

'18...$14.9
'19...$11.8
'20...$13.1

AZ has already paid most of the guaranteed money so his dead money hit is minimal after this season....1st round picks are what 50/50 success rate? Yeah I certainly would burn one to get him.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson would be nice. Would be one of the best CB tandems in the league. But I hear they don't really want to deal him. He'd be very expensive.

Conley is young, would be much cheaper, could be around for a while.

I'm all for pilfering the Raiders, if Gruden is intent on running that ship into the ground.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't either but if they were going to pay butthead 15 mil per...why not put that cap hit on the weakest part of the team...the DEF, specifically CB.

It's never made any sense to me to be doing the major league tango with Bell when you're leaking oil badly on DEF...but I know they wanted to prop up Ben with as many weapons as they could afford.

I'm not calling the other guy a warm body really just making a point...if they could get Conley, you get him.

FWIW...Peterson's cap hit.

'18...$14.9
'19...$11.8
'20...$13.1

AZ has already paid most of the guaranteed money so his dead money hit is minimal after this season....1st round picks are what 50/50 success rate? Yeah I certainly would burn one to get him.

I couldn't agree more with you.....it makes perfect sense, and there is the problem. It makes sense, Tomlin won't do it.
and our luck with first round picks is 50/50 at best, but Pittsburgh hasn't went without a first round pick since I think 67???
Tomlin's ego won't let him give that up since he thinks he's such a mastermind.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson would be nice. Would be one of the best CB tandems in the league. But I hear they don't really want to deal him. He'd be very expensive.

Conley is young, would be much cheaper, could be around for a while.

I'm all for pilfering the Raiders, if Gruden is intent on running that ship into the ground.

Even getting the young guys we run a risk......
There's no one on this team to mold them, tutor them, not even a coach.
The young talent we have now don't know there asshole from a hole in the ground in the secondary. There just is no one to teach or mentor these kids. They will forever fail unless they leave Pittsburgh.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even getting the young guys we run a risk......
There's no one on this team to mold them, tutor them, not even a coach.
The young talent we have now don't know there asshole from a hole in the ground in the secondary. There just is no one to teach or mentor these kids. They will forever fail unless they leave Pittsburgh.
I mean, I would HOPE Haden is trying.

But Cooty is dogshit, and Artie said last year that he 'knows he has CTE.' He's just collecting a paycheck for as long as he can scam the Rooney's. He doesn't care, and he avoids contact very purposefully. The Steelers need to just move on from him already.

Haden and Hilton are quality corner's though. A talented kid like Conley could be molded.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I'm NOT opposed to trading the 1st for a player. They have been very hit or miss with 1st Rounders lately.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I would HOPE Haden is trying.

But Cooty is dogshit, and Artie said last year that he 'knows he has CTE.' He's just collecting a paycheck for as long as he can scam the Rooney's. He doesn't care, and he avoids contact very purposefully. The Steelers need to just move on from him already.

Haden and Hilton are quality corner's though. A talented kid like Conley could be molded.

I would hope so too, but I'm not convinced of it.
But Haden has missed good time due to injuries, don't get me wrong, I believe the secondary is better with Haden, by why does it completely go to shit in his absence? Just because he's not on the field doesn't mean the entire secondary takes the day off. And unfortunately that seems to be the case more times than not.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hope so too, but I'm not convinced of it.
But Haden has missed good time due to injuries, don't get me wrong, I believe the secondary is better with Haden, by why does it completely go to shit in his absence? Just because he's not on the field doesn't mean the entire secondary takes the day off. And unfortunately that seems to be the case more times than not.
It's not just him, but Hilton has missed time, too.

Haden goes down, and we're starting Artie and Cootie on the outside. They are trash. Completely trash. I don't see any redemption there.

That's just asking to be dunked on all day.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, I'm NOT opposed to trading the 1st for a player. They have been very hit or miss with 1st Rounders lately.

I wouldn't be either, but Tomlin won't do it.

He'd be more inclined to grab some fly by night one hit wonder dip shit, than make good with a quality trade.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just him, but Hilton has missed time, too.

Haden goes down, and we're starting Artie and Cootie on the outside. They are trash. Completely trash. I don't see any redemption there.

That's just asking to be dunked on all day.

Exactly, so when those two are out......
These kids, aren't worth a shit AND now have no direction.....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't agree more with you.....it makes perfect sense, and there is the problem. It makes sense, Tomlin won't do it.
and our luck with first round picks is 50/50 at best, but Pittsburgh hasn't went without a first round pick since I think 67???
Tomlin's ego won't let him give that up since he thinks he's such a mastermind.

Hopefully Rooney hasn't turned Colbert into Tomlin's puppet, but it's a pipe dream...and I know it.

Doubtful this franchise will ever part with a 1st round pick in a trade, but if they want #7 while they still have #7, they've got to do something bold. They obviously they have talent, but with so much of the experience and playmaking on OFC and a DEF that's basically a hope and a prayer right now...I don't see it happening.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Rooney hasn't turned Colbert into Tomlin's puppet, but it's a pipe dream...and I know it.

Doubtful this franchise will ever part with a 1st round pick in a trade, but if they want #7 while they still have #7, they've got to do something bold. They obviously they have talent, but with so much of the experience and playmaking on OFC and a DEF that's basically a hope and a prayer right now...I don't see it happening.

Tomlin has turned this team so drastically from what we've all been accustomed to, it's tough to even see this team as what we've all grown up with. Tomlin is suppose to be this great defensive mind, yet his defence is abysmal. He's built this great offense, yet they have been unable to achieve this greatness with him. The Rooney's don't and won't fire a head coach with a winning record, and I'm sure they don't meddle in Tomlin's rule over anything in the FO. It just seems being mediocre is the new normal for this team.

Shit, I've been doing some deep research and reading.....it seems this way of play is also acceptable to the players also.....
There doesn't seem to be as much turmoil in the locker as we've been led to believe.....the anger towards bell seems to be made up....Tomlin is more of a leader to this team than we actually have perceived.....I'm just in shock to some of the things I've been finding and hearing.....
It's truly mind blowing. Back in the day the Steelers would not hesitate to get rid of a big name guy to make a point, today it just seems the desperation by the FO is actually more desperate than we could of ever imagined. Hell, Tomlin had himself dumped and kicked Steeler greats to the curb.....but now he's trying desperately to hang onto crazy shit.....I'm not even convinced anymore that bell is done as a Steeler. I'm leaning towards he may get his contract....
I just wish he would just go away, but the shit I've seen recently, I don't think that's going to happen......

I can honestly say, I don't recognize this team anymore.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's food for thought.......

The greatest trade in Steelers history was made with a second and fourth round pick given up.....

Jerome Bettis......

So a first for anyone, won't ever happen.

Too bad the Steelers don't make deals like that anymore.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's food for thought.......

The greatest trade in Steelers history was made with a second and fourth round pick given up.....

Jerome Bettis......

So a first for anyone, won't ever happen.

Too bad the Steelers don't make deals like that anymore.
the steelers have never, ever, not once given a first away