• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Help

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two things here

most people HATE vetoes... and hate leagues that use it... so when they are in a league that uses it they only use it if "collusion"(which I think is a joke- it really means they just don't use it)

but I am with you... since your league does use vetoes... then owners should be following the league rules, and vetoing trades that need to be vetoed... and I do agree this one is bad... NOT EPIC BAD... but this one is pretty bad... it would be one thing if Carr was off to a good season, but right now you are not comfortably starting him over Stafford or Lawrence...

so I give your league the double penalty flag... not just do you use the veto system, but you did not use it correctly...

Here is my problem with vetoes.

I play in a keeper league where keepers are pretty hard to come by. Can’t keep anyone drafted before round 6, player must be rostered all season, and at a price 4 rounds higher than the year prior.

Well, my team started slow and was basically out of the race. This was Kamara’s rookie year, also to e year where Zeke had the suspension hanging over his head.

I agreed to trade Zeke Elliot, Dak Prescott (who was like QB 5 at the time) and Dez Bryant for Alvin Kamara (round 7 keeper) and Chris Carson (round 11 keeper)

This was right before the Kamara breakout and Carson was hurt before he took over the backfield.

Bunch of dudes tried to veto because I was giving “way too much” and Kamara wasn’t even that good of a keeper. I was 1 vote shy from getting vetoed, but it eventually got passed.

Then, Kamara went nuts, Zeke got suspended, Dak forgot how to throw and Dez finished the season poorly.

My team was BETTER after the trade meant to by 100% forward looking. I won the title next 2 seasons on the backs of Kamara and Carson as keepers.

Point being, when you try to veto my trade because you think I am getting ripped off, you are saying you know how to manage my team better than I do.

And that is total BS.

It is 1 thing for a rookie manager like in this case. But not for someone who knows what they are doing. Not ever.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That offer for Pitts is still up. He made the offer before this past dud. I am thinking about asking him if he still wants to do it. I would be dumping Chase Claypool to make the roster spot. Been reading he did not get a target after Pickett came in, but I want to see what they do together with a full practice week with KP starting.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said it is still on the table. I asked him if I could drop my return pick down a couple rounds and throw in Claypool.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal is done...

I give

TE Pitts
WR Claypool
13th

I get

Pollard
C. Samuel
3rd

Not near as sexy as what I had in mind when I drafted him and I may regret it in a few weeks. But a handcuff, solid flex option and a 3rd round pick is not a bad haul. Having an extra early pick to work with at the pick deadline in a couple of weeks could come in handy in negotiations if a big name is on the table. There are a few 1-3 teams with potential targets for me... JT, Cook, Mixon, Breece Hall, CeeDee, Pittman and a few others. Plus, I have Andrews, so I can afford to deal Pitts. If he put up 2 more duds, I would have been begging someone to give me a 7th for him, probably.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deal is done...

I give

TE Pitts
WR Claypool
13th

I get

Pollard
C. Samuel
3rd

Not near as sexy as what I had in mind when I drafted him and I may regret it in a few weeks. But a handcuff, solid flex option and a 3rd round pick is not a bad haul. Having an extra early pick to work with at the pick deadline in a couple of weeks could come in handy in negotiations if a big name is on the table. There are a few 1-3 teams with potential targets for me... JT, Cook, Mixon, Breece Hall, CeeDee, Pittman and a few others. Plus, I have Andrews, so I can afford to deal Pitts. If he put up 2 more duds, I would have been begging someone to give me a 7th for him, probably.

Dude, you crushed this trade.

Pollard is the best player in the deal, IMO. And you also gain Samuel and major pick upgrade?

Pitts is great theoretically, but the Falcons just aren’t using him.

Absolute homerun for you IMO.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same league. Contacted the Penny owner, who is now paper thin at RB. PPR, bonus pts for long TDs. Start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex (R/W/T).

My team...

QB - Mahomes, Dak
RB - Dillon, Zeke, Monty, Walker, Pollard, Dam Harris, Mattison
WR - Diggs, Kirk, C. Samuel, Thielen
TE - Andrews

Her team...

QB - Hurts, Pickett
RB - B. Hall, Penny, Gainwell
WR - Waddle, Godwin, DHop, DK, Duvernay
TE - Schultz, Logan Thomas

She said she liked Pollard and Walker. I told her Walker may cost more than what he is worth due to his potential and he has been sitting on my roster waiting for this moment. I want to see what I have in him first. I wouldn't be opposed to dealing Pollard, but I just traded for him and would prefer to package him with Zeke for max value, but it may leave me a little thin at RB with Monty and Harris banged up a little and Dillon starting slow. Walker is unknown and Mattison is shit, but becomes a stud if Cook goes down. Monty may be the most convenient unless Harris comes back quickly. She dangled DHop, but I think Zeke and Pollard for DHop is a little much to give up for him, maybe. Batting some things around. Draft picks and/or IDPs could help even things out, but right now I am trying to figure out how to attack this. I'm not sure how I feel about Waddle or Godwin. Godwin being knicked up scares me a little, as does the Miami QB situation. Waddle seems very boom or bust to me.

I think if she adds a pick to Hopkins (3rd to 5th range, maybe), and I could grab another depth piece at RB for around the same price. There are some active traders with a possibility. One very active trader has Khalil Herbert (to cuff Monty). I am pretty sure I could wiggle him away, but he is in my division and I would probably have to over pay a little for him.

The deadline to deal picks is kickoff of week 7, so I plan on letting next week play out before I make a move unless something comes out of this that I can't turn down. Is there something worth exploring here or am I trying to force something?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same league. Contacted the Penny owner, who is now paper thin at RB. PPR, bonus pts for long TDs. Start 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 flex (R/W/T).

My team...

QB - Mahomes, Dak
TE - Andrews

Her team...

QB - Hurts, Pickett

She said she liked Pollard and Walker. I told her Walker may cost more than what he is worth due to his potential and he has been sitting on my roster waiting for this moment. I want to see what I have in him first. I wouldn't be opposed to dealing Pollard, but I just traded for him and would prefer to package him with Zeke for max value, but it may leave me a little thin at RB with Monty and Harris banged up a little and Dillon starting slow. Walker is unknown and Mattison is shit, but becomes a stud if Cook goes down. Monty may be the most convenient unless Harris comes back quickly. She dangled DHop, but I think Zeke and Pollard for DHop is a little much to give up for him, maybe. Batting some things around. Draft picks and/or IDPs could help even things out, but right now I am trying to figure out how to attack this. I'm not sure how I feel about Waddle or Godwin. Godwin being knicked up scares me a little, as does the Miami QB situation. Waddle seems very boom or bust to me.

I think if she adds a pick to Hopkins (3rd to 5th range, maybe), and I could grab another depth piece at RB for around the same price. There are some active traders with a possibility. One very active trader has Khalil Herbert (to cuff Monty). I am pretty sure I could wiggle him away, but he is in my division and I would probably have to over pay a little for him.

The deadline to deal picks is kickoff of week 7, so I plan on letting next week play out before I make a move unless something comes out of this that I can't turn down. Is there something worth exploring here or am I trying to force something?

She has to do something. Can’t roll with Gainwell, so yes, you should be inquiring.

I think Hopkins is your best strategy.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She has to do something. Can’t roll with Gainwell, so yes, you should be inquiring.

I think Hopkins is your best strategy.
Do you agree that she has to add something to DHop to make it worth it for me if she gets both Pollard and Zeke?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you agree that she has to add something to DHop to make it worth it for me if she gets both Pollard and Zeke?

Yup. Just know she might prefer just Pollard

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different league... Same parameters, but no bonus pts.

My team...

QB - Dak, Stafford
RB - Henry, Hall, Dobbins, Zeke, Etienne, Pollard, Hillard
WR - Sutton, DHop, G. Wilson, Pickens, Pierce, J. Williams (IR)
TE - Freiermuth

His team...

QB - Herbert, Geno
RB - Ekeler, A. Jones
WR - D. London, McLaurin, M. Thomas, C. Samuel, Juju, Claypool
TE - Goedert, Everett

So, he has no RB depth, but a solid duo. I don't know that I like London or McLaurin enough to part with Dobbins or Etienne, which it would take, most likely. He likes both of them and Pollard (as well as Henry and Hall, but they would be more pricey). I flirted with the idea of Ekeler for a couple of them with the idea of not giving up Henry or Hall and starting those 3, but he wants Hall in the deal. He offered Hall and Dobbins, but I held off. Hall can be kept next year for a 5th rounder, which is looking like a probable value, but I am looking ahead there a little. It does make me very hesitant to deal and feel like he is worth more than face value for that reason. But my WRs are pretty bad. I do get Hopkins back next week and there is a lot of potential on the bench with those rookies, but I feel like I have to turn that into some proven production somehow and I am not sure that is available to me with this team.

Not seeing a huge deal, but should I explore Etienne or Dobbins or either Zeke or Pollard (although, I would want to keep them together) for McLaurin or London or Thomas? You think Zeke and Pollard is enough for maybe one of those WRs and Goedert? Is it if I add Freiermuth? Do I even need to worry about the TE?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My team...

QB - Dak, Stafford
TE - Freiermuth

His team...

QB - Herbert, Geno
RB - Ekeler, A. Jones
TE - Goedert, Everett

So, he has no RB depth, but a solid duo. I don't know that I like London or McLaurin enough to part with Dobbins or Etienne, which it would take, most likely. He likes both of them and Pollard (as well as Henry and Hall, but they would be more pricey). I flirted with the idea of Ekeler for a couple of them with the idea of not giving up Henry or Hall and starting those 3, but he wants Hall in the deal. He offered Hall and Dobbins, but I held off. Hall can be kept next year for a 5th rounder, which is looking like a probable value, but I am looking ahead there a little. It does make me very hesitant to deal and feel like he is worth more than face value for that reason. But my WRs are pretty bad. I do get Hopkins back next week and there is a lot of potential on the bench with those rookies, but I feel like I have to turn that into some proven production somehow and I am not sure that is available to me with this team.

Not seeing a huge deal, but should I explore Etienne or Dobbins or either Zeke or Pollard (although, I would want to keep them together) for McLaurin or London or Thomas? You think Zeke and Pollard is enough for maybe one of those WRs and Goedert? Is it if I add Freiermuth? Do I even need to worry about the TE?
Well it a matter on how you value the players. For me I’d try offering Etienne first and see what he wants to give.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My team...

QB - Dak, Stafford
TE - Freiermuth

His team...

QB - Herbert, Geno
RB - Ekeler, A. Jones
TE - Goedert, Everett

Can’t say I’d target any of those WR. I’d put them all below Pickens and Wilson on your end, which means you’re just swapping benches.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can’t say I’d target any of those WR. I’d put them all below Pickens and Wilson on your end, which means you’re just swapping benches.
Pretty much what I am trying to figure out. Use a little patience and what I have may not be as bad as I think it is. Especially once I get hopkins back

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much what I am trying to figure out. Use a little patience and what I have may not be as bad as I think it is. Especially once I get hopkins back

Yeah. Unless you wanna go big with something like Zeke, Pollard and Sutton and bring back a stud. Not sure if that’s possible, but worth looking into.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My team...

QB - Mahomes, Dak
TE - Andrews

Her team...

QB - Hurts, Pickett

Damn that is an early trade deadline. It's kind of hard to know what kind of team you have in week 7. Even if you want it to be early, it should at least be week 10. As far as Zeke and Pollard go, you might want to take a look at their upcoming schedule before you try and deal them. The whole reason I just traded for Zeke is their schedule. They don't play a good run defense until week 17:

6Sun Oct 16, 8:20PM@PHI (15th)
7Sun Oct 23, 1:00PMDET (30th)
8Sun Oct 30, 1:00PMCHI (26th)
10Sun Nov 13, 4:25PM@GB (17th)
11Sun Nov 20, 4:25PM@MIN (23rd)
12Thu Nov 24, 4:30PMNYG (16th)
13Sun Dec 4, 8:20PMIND (14th)
14Sun Dec 11, 1:00PMHOU (31st)
15Sun Dec 18, 1:00PM@JAX (22nd)
16Sat Dec 24, 4:25PMPHI (15th)
17Thu Dec 29, 8:15PM@TEN (3rd)
18Sun Jan 8, 1:00PM@WAS (24th)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn that is an early trade deadline. It's kind of hard to know what kind of team you have in week 7. Even if you want it to be early, it should at least be week 10. As far as Zeke and Pollard go, you might want to take a look at their upcoming schedule before you try and deal them. The whole reason I just traded for Zeke is their schedule. They don't play a good run defense until week 17:

6Sun Oct 16, 8:20PM@PHI (15th)
7Sun Oct 23, 1:00PMDET (30th)
8Sun Oct 30, 1:00PMCHI (26th)
10Sun Nov 13, 4:25PM@GB (17th)
11Sun Nov 20, 4:25PM@MIN (23rd)
12Thu Nov 24, 4:30PMNYG (16th)
13Sun Dec 4, 8:20PMIND (14th)
14Sun Dec 11, 1:00PMHOU (31st)
15Sun Dec 18, 1:00PM@JAX (22nd)
16Sat Dec 24, 4:25PMPHI (15th)
17Thu Dec 29, 8:15PM@TEN (3rd)
18Sun Jan 8, 1:00PM@WAS (24th)
Week 7 is our deadline to deal picks. We can trade player for player until kickoff of week 11.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She just hit me up and is ready to deal. Trying to get an idea of how much she likes her WRs now. I think she likes all my RBs, outside of Dam Harris. At least better than what she has. She just mentioned Monty.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Zeke, Pollard and maybe Curtis Samuel for DHop and Godwin?

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She just hit me up and is ready to deal. Trying to get an idea of how much she likes her WRs now. I think she likes all my RBs, outside of Dam Harris. At least better than what she has. She just mentioned Monty.

Monty for DK? Yeah, I probably would.
Monty for DHop? Yeah, probably.
Monty for Godwin? I don’t think. Injury/next year no Brady (assuming).
Monty for Waddle? I don’t know. Probably best long term (toss up with DK), but I’d have to re-read the keeper parameters.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would you guys rank these WRs?

Waddle
Dk
DHop
Godwin