• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan considered himself a racist

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT.

And if it's not an issue...what's with the lengthy diatribe?

Also, you don't think "carving out a channel of your own" promotes segregation? You know good and well, that if there was a declared white channel (WET?) people would lose their fucking minds.

You sound like you don't care about equality, just give you yer own niche, and yer cool.

Shit like this does nothing but perpetuate racism.

That's laughable......everything you just posted is a joke.

So, does CMT (country music television) promote segregation? I mean, they are clearly discriminating against Jazz, Pop, R&B........

As far as WET, there's never been a NEED to create it. ABC, CBS, NBC all do a pretty good job making their shows 99% white. As nearly every other cable network.

Once again - this is COMPLETELY a non issue. You are upset over a theoretical station in your mind that does not exist, and how people would react to it? REALLY?

BET targets a black audience......so what? Maybe if the shows on BET were on other networks, there wouldn't be a niche market for them to go after, now would it?

This reminds me of black history month. If black history were in the curriculum, it wouldn't exist.......and yet, you morons STILL find something to complain and bitch about when literally 99% of the media experience caters to the white male 18-35 demographic.

Unbelievable.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think those feelings ever go away?

"Once a racist always a racist." is tossed around often.

I would like to think people can evolve. I know people generally do not change. I would not be shocked if MJ still harbors ill will towards white people, racism still exists and is very much healthy in the US. So I would not hold it against him either.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine WET?

It doesn't exist because (because it already does) but the line up?

It would be NCIS and Law and Order all day. Sprinkle in CSI, Big Bang Theory and Elementary during prime time.

The ticker would be stock markets and golf.

Sunday morning a televangelist would be on shunning every thing normal people did friday and saturday followed promptly by concert replays of Kenny G, Michael Bolton, the Beach Boys, Will Smith, and the Carpenters. Elvis Presley was talked about but an uproar about his unholy music and dancing would inevitably lead to him being banned from WET.

WET is also part of an ongoing smear campaign against the NBA, because unlike the NFL the NBA players are "bad apples".

Apparently you don't differentiate between white Anglos and white Jews. There is a difference. It's like assuming black Americans and black Dominicans are the same.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think people can evolve. I know people generally do not change. I would not be shocked if MJ still harbors ill will towards white people, racism still exists and is very much healthy in the US. So I would not hold it against him either.

Pretty sure MJ has no problem with Phil Jackson or Jerry Krause - two of the whitest dudes you can find!

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently you don't differentiate between white Anglos and white Jews. There is a difference. It's like assuming black Americans and black Dominicans are the same.

After living in Mexico for a few years all white people look alike now*. hahaha no I had to google "Anglo" and nope, I do not know the difference in their programming preferences?

*Funny story, last night I found out my friends can not tell the difference between me and a similarly shaded Lego person. I am going to tell them I am the stars of the Lego Indiana Jones video games.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was God thinking?

Wisdom teeth and opposite skin colors? What a jew.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's laughable......everything you just posted is a joke.

So, does CMT (country music television) promote segregation? I mean, they are clearly discriminating against Jazz, Pop, R&B........

As far as WET, there's never been a NEED to create it. ABC, CBS, NBC all do a pretty good job making their shows 99% white. As nearly every other cable network.

Once again - this is COMPLETELY a non issue. You are upset over a theoretical station in your mind that does not exist, and how people would react to it? REALLY?

BET targets a black audience......so what? Maybe if the shows on BET were on other networks, there wouldn't be a niche market for them to go after, now would it?

This reminds me of black history month. If black history were in the curriculum, it wouldn't exist.......and yet, you morons STILL find something to complain and bitch about when literally 99% of the media experience caters to the white male 18-35 demographic.

Unbelievable.

I just think its a poor name for a channel, and division is perpetuated when things have to be racially classified.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
atleast NBC is not THAT N

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as long as I can remember, whenever I needed to call someone something, I liked to use the word "asshole". It's an equal opportunity insult. Everyone has one. :D

I stick with that.

I've said for years that there are only 2 kinds of people in the world.

1.) Assholes
2.) The rest of us

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna throw in my 2c on the Bet/Mtv debate. Some of you guys are so focused on the names....but did you know that Mtv didn't want or allow black pop music on its air for years? It took possibly the biggest star at the time(Michael Jackson) to break that mold. They didn't want or allow rap music either, but they eventually gave it a chance and it worked. I say that to say this...I don't hold anything against them because they made the decision to change. Now a days, I don't really think you can bring the race argument to either BET or MTV. Doesn't matter the color, if they're making the top songs, they're most likely on BET AND MTV.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't keep up with it at this current day...but when i used to keep up with it, they did

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, now its just horrible reality shows, catered to the dumbest fuckers on the planet.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully understand the struggle to break through what was originally (and probably still is)a white-dominated field, but I definitely feel that racially classifying something is pretty fucking close to segregation, and I am certain it does not promote equality or unity.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's interesting how this thread was carefully worded to downplay the significant past of Michael Jordan who did not say he "considered himself to be racist" He said he was racist. No excuses, not long stories and beating around the bush. Michael Jordan's racism is no less acceptable or excusable than Donald Sterling's is now. The only difference is that some of you appear to me like you're to trying to brush this off as if it wasn't that big of a deal

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think those feelings ever go away?

"Once a racist always a racist." is tossed around often.

As Jordan grew older, the only thing he started caring about was money. It doesn't matter what race you are, as long as you pay him he'll like you.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know, I've never thought about this before......but why are the majority of all airplanes white?

Was Jordan the first black aircraft to ever fly?

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White people do have a White Entertainment Television. It's called CMT. Watch it, you'll see it. The only difference is BET just calls it like it is, CMT calls it "country."

Who gives a crap? I dont care if black people have a television channel called BET. I dont care if the have a "United ***** College Fund." I dont care if the have "Miss Black America." Why do people care about this? It doesnt hurt you. BET has never caused me any pain. They never got me fired.

Save the outrage for real racism that matters.