• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Jordan considered himself a racist

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my point...racism is tired and played out.

The funny thing though is some people dont realize it goes both ways and when they are forced to see it they say because they face it its ok. None of it is ok...I dont care about your color but if you are an idiot I will call you an idiot

I don't agree that it is tired and played out, I just think that there is an overreaction to it... I believe that there is a difference between hatred and racism, and intention is more important than the actual things said or done...

we tiptoe around racism and are so afraid to offend others that many are afraid to even talk to people of other races/religions... That is not the way to go!!! Not sure if any of you watch Silicon valley(the new Comedy show on HBO), but this week there was a perfect example of how we tiptoe around racism, and it just makes us look more racist...

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my point...racism is tired and played out.

The funny thing though is some people dont realize it goes both ways and when they are forced to see it they say because they face it its ok. None of it is ok...I dont care about your color but if you are an idiot I will call you an idiot

For as long as I can remember, whenever I needed to call someone something, I liked to use the word "asshole". It's an equal opportunity insult. Everyone has one. :D

I stick with that.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree that it is tired and played out, I just think that there is an overreaction to it... I believe that there is a difference between hatred and racism, and intention is more important than the actual things said or done...

we tiptoe around racism and are so afraid to offend others that many are afraid to even talk to people of other races/religions... That is not the way to go!!! Not sure if any of you watch Silicon valley(the new Comedy show on HBO), but this week there was a perfect example of how we tiptoe around racism, and it just makes us look more racist...

I will stick with thinking that most people are dumb...it fits.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For as long as I can remember, whenever I needed to call someone something, I liked to use the word "asshole". It's an equal opportunity insult. Everyone has one. :D

I stick with that.

Yes, but if one of those assholes hounds you for a longer than normal and will not stop... and he happens to be someone of another race, you will want to piss them off... What is better than using derogatory words??

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will stick with thinking that most people are dumb...it fits.

agreed, the majority of people are stupid... I am guilty of being stupid often... I believe I am a smart person, but that will not stop me from making mistakes and saying stupid things...

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing I've learned over the course of my life is the ratio for stupidity is about the same, no matter what creed or background you are. So everyone gets a fair shot.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agreed, the majority of people are stupid... I am guilty of being stupid often... I believe I am a smart person, but that will not stop me from making mistakes and saying stupid things...

I agree completely and if more people werent afraid to both be stupid and admit when they have been stupid society wouldnt be flushing itself at such a expedited pace.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE when people complain about BET

There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with BET, or it's name, or target demographic. EVERY cable channel has a targeted audience, a niche it plays to. Considering 99% of television shows are about 98% white, WHY does anyone CARE that there is a BET, that is coincidentally OWNED BY WHITE PEOPLE (Viacomm)???

I swear some of you can't think your way out of a thimble. Blacks in this country have basically ONE channel that targets them as a demographic out of thousands.......and you all STILL find a way to complain about it.

Seriously, you may want to stop pointing the finger and yelling "racism" because a minority group carved out a channel that caters to them. EVERY other channel caters to whites.

This is really a non-issue.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone watch Silicon valley on HBO?? like I posted earlier there was a great scene about racism, I just want to know if anyone here saw it, because I think it fits perfectly to this thread...

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOVE when people complain about BET

There is absolutely NOTHING WRONG with BET, or it's name, or target demographic. EVERY cable channel has a targeted audience, a niche it plays to. Considering 99% of television shows are about 98% white, WHY does anyone CARE that there is a BET, that is coincidentally OWNED BY WHITE PEOPLE (Viacomm)???

I swear some of you can't think your way out of a thimble. Blacks in this country have basically ONE channel that targets them as a demographic out of thousands.......and you all STILL find a way to complain about it.

Seriously, you may want to stop pointing the finger and yelling "racism" because a minority group carved out a channel that caters to them. EVERY other channel caters to whites.

This is really a non-issue.

BULLSHIT.

And if it's not an issue...what's with the lengthy diatribe?

Also, you don't think "carving out a channel of your own" promotes segregation? You know good and well, that if there was a declared white channel (WET?) people would lose their fucking minds.

You sound like you don't care about equality, just give you yer own niche, and yer cool.

Shit like this does nothing but perpetuate racism.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BULLSHIT.

And if it's not an issue...what's with the lengthy diatribe?

Also, you don't think "carving out a channel of your own" promotes segregation? You know good and well, that if there was a declared white channel (WET?) people would lose their fucking minds.

You sound like you don't care about equality, just give you yer own niche, and yer cool.

Shit like this does nothing but perpetuate racism.

1st I just realized I do not think the BET type channels are racist. They are targeting a market, black is not so much a color as a culture. MTV does the same thing targeting the future fast food industry workers.

Next, all of those news stations are pretty fucking racist. Little more than propaganda machines targeting a certain market as well. They don't call it WET but it minds well be.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

As for the n word, if you use it the way riley Cooper did then yes I would look at it as racist but if you use it in the terms black people use it, I don't consider you racist.

So I can go up to a black friend of mine, and in a playful and innocent way say "What's up n---a?" and that would be deemed ok?

The word is racist; plain and simple.

Equally, if a black guy called me "honkey" or "cracker" and I called him a "n----r", who would be looked at more racist?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st I just realized I do not think the BET type channels are racist. They are targeting a market, black is not so much a color as a culture. MTV does the same thing targeting the future fast food industry workers.

Next, all of those news stations are pretty fucking racist. Little more than propaganda machines targeting a certain market as well. They don't call it WET but it minds well be.

Well...none of it is facilitating equality or unity.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yes...the use of ni@@a in any form by ANYONE is racist, or at the very least, it's perpetuating racism.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st I just realized I do not think the BET type channels are racist. They are targeting a market, black is not so much a color as a culture.

BET isn't racist. Not at all. But like somebody said, if there was a White Entertainment Television, people would lose their fucking minds!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is logo a bad channel since it only targets the gays and lesbians??

Or how about lifetime for only targeting women

or spike for only targeting men

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BET isn't racist. Not at all. But like somebody said, if there was a White Entertainment Television, people would lose their fucking minds!

BET should have been more creative with the channel name... But that's all!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest cultural difference with blacks and whites is this....

300h.jpg

:heh:

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine WET?

It doesn't exist because (because it already does) but the line up?

It would be NCIS and Law and Order all day. Sprinkle in CSI, Big Bang Theory and Elementary during prime time.

The ticker would be stock markets and golf.

Sunday morning a televangelist would be on shunning every thing normal people did friday and saturday followed promptly by concert replays of Kenny G, Michael Bolton, the Beach Boys, Will Smith, and the Carpenters. Elvis Presley was talked about but an uproar about his unholy music and dancing would inevitably lead to him being banned from WET.

WET is also part of an ongoing smear campaign against the NBA, because unlike the NFL the NBA players are "bad apples".