• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Jordan/Steve Kerr Punching Incident

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I begin with the general point of this thread - Even though I'm in my 30's now as a Pacers and Nuggets fan, Chicago is still my closest NBA city. I had practically grown up with those 90's championship tapes. Not many know those 90's Bulls teams as much as I do. At that age, I pretty much had to be a Bulls fan simply because of my surroundings.

In other words - Anyone who claims that I've never experience the feeling of an NBA championship team doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and never has. I became a Pacers fan once it came to a point where I was old enough to choose my own favorite teams. While I still rooted for the Bulls in the ensuing five years or so after Jordan left, my home-state Pacers became my #1 team when they reached the finals for the first and only time.

While there have been times in the last 20 years where I would wish to "disown" the Pacers (if you will), I still have remained true to that team and will continue to do so.

To the real topic:

The Jordan/Kerr incident did not come to light until Kerr's coaching days, and the naive ones (@bksballer89 ) would consistently use this as leverage for their argument for Jordan being a terrible guy and a bad teammate.

'The Last Dance': Steve Kerr says getting punched by Michael Jordan was a good thing for him

If one were to make the proclamation that it was not Jordan's finest moment, you certainly weren't wrong.

In his defense, though, it was 1995 and he was mere months removed from his first retirement. He and Kerr barely knew each other at the time and if anything, he probably remembered Kerr from his days in Cleveland when they were rivals. It was a matter of two former rivals chirping at one another and the competitive prick in Jordan unleashed himself at an inopportune time. As good teammates do, the two teammates were able to patch things up and teamed up and won 72 and 69 games in back-to-back years. The two even shared a couple of laughs publicly during the 1997 championship party at Grant Park.

You can surely understand why neither side opened up to the media on this incident for over two decades. And if you're Jordan and in the age of social media, could you really blame him if he were never to comment on the matter ever again?

It isn't so much "hiding from the media" as much as it is taking responsibility to not let a team's dirty laundry reach the public, as professional athletes are supposed to do.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan should have punched Kerr. The guy was and still is a pain in the ass.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan should have punched Kerr. The guy was and still is a pain in the ass.
Chris Paul's reaction to Steve Kerr sums up how the world outside of Warriors "fans" feels about him.

Reactions: GNG

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“A guy could go to jail these days for doing that”. :pound:

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have to love Kerr’s fire on the court and any man who doesn’t back down to MJ is my kinda guy.

Is he another NBA political puppet? Maybe but I just change the channel if he goes there

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Kerr is one of the most punchable people around. Good for Jordan.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is he another NBA political puppet? Maybe but I just change the channel if he goes there

That’s a lot of channel changing.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a lot of channel changing.

I actually enjoy listening to him when talking b-ball. He had some really good and unselfish teams but when he goes on about the suffering in China, etc etc I’m out

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually enjoy listening to him when talking b-ball. He had some really good and unselfish teams but when he goes on about the suffering in China, etc etc I’m out

Pop is like that. He will be talking b-ball and everything is cool then out of nowhere he goes off and it’s like “oh man not again.”

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a “glue guy”

LOL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting in a fight with a teammate was pretty normal back in the 90's. The players had to get ready for the punches they'd take in real games:lol:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..........HurricaneNumbNuts used to be a Bulls fan. And once Jordan left and they sucked, he switched his allegiances to another crappy franchise. Makes sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So..........HurricaneNumbNuts used to be a Bulls fan. And once Jordan left and they sucked, he switched his allegiances to another crappy franchise. Makes sense.

My favorite is how Chicago being his closest NBA city makes him an expert on the Bulls.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do all of y'all know the story about Steve Kerr's dad?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before I begin with the general point of this thread - Even though I'm in my 30's now as a Pacers and Nuggets fan, Chicago is still my closest NBA city. I had practically grown up with those 90's championship tapes. Not many know those 90's Bulls teams as much as I do. At that age, I pretty much had to be a Bulls fan simply because of my surroundings.

In other words - Anyone who claims that I've never experience the feeling of an NBA championship team doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground and never has. I became a Pacers fan once it came to a point where I was old enough to choose my own favorite teams. While I still rooted for the Bulls in the ensuing five years or so after Jordan left, my home-state Pacers became my #1 team when they reached the finals for the first and only time.

While there have been times in the last 20 years where I would wish to "disown" the Pacers (if you will), I still have remained true to that team and will continue to do so.

To the real topic:

The Jordan/Kerr incident did not come to light until Kerr's coaching days, and the naive ones (@bksballer89 ) would consistently use this as leverage for their argument for Jordan being a terrible guy and a bad teammate.

'The Last Dance': Steve Kerr says getting punched by Michael Jordan was a good thing for him

If one were to make the proclamation that it was not Jordan's finest moment, you certainly weren't wrong.

In his defense, though, it was 1995 and he was mere months removed from his first retirement. He and Kerr barely knew each other at the time and if anything, he probably remembered Kerr from his days in Cleveland when they were rivals. It was a matter of two former rivals chirping at one another and the competitive prick in Jordan unleashed himself at an inopportune time. As good teammates do, the two teammates were able to patch things up and teamed up and won 72 and 69 games in back-to-back years. The two even shared a couple of laughs publicly during the 1997 championship party at Grant Park.

You can surely understand why neither side opened up to the media on this incident for over two decades. And if you're Jordan and in the age of social media, could you really blame him if he were never to comment on the matter ever again?

It isn't so much "hiding from the media" as much as it is taking responsibility to not let a team's dirty laundry reach the public, as professional athletes are supposed to do.
Why do you have to attack everyone to start with? And why are starting off so defensive when no one had said a word yet?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To the real topic:

you're trying waaaaay too hard