• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Training Camp Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your official Training Camp Thread is here

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be called the preseason thread

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, theses muth f'ers get to go to the Bahamas. I wish I was a foot taller and could play basketball.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not - I am rooting for both Beasley to do well in this go-round with the Heat ( and yes, ready for Shane as well) Beasley said all the right things on the first day of camp - But, as Ira said in his Q & A, with Beasley, at this point - talk is beyond cheap -- He has to produce on the court and not be a distraction of it... He SEEMS ready to turn the corner. I will admit, I am expecting him to fail, because that is all he did really with the Heat the first time around but I am honestly hoping for the best with him. I hope he buys into his role on the team better this time around, if he does - we will get along.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe it or not - I am rooting for both Beasley to do well in this go-round with the Heat ( and yes, ready for Shane as well) Beasley said all the right things on the first day of camp - But, as Ira said in his Q & A, with Beasley, at this point - talk is beyond cheap -- He has to produce on the court and not be a distraction of it... He SEEMS ready to turn the corner. I will admit, I am expecting him to fail, because that is all he did really with the Heat the first time around but I am honestly hoping for the best with him. I hope he buys into his role on the team better this time around, if he does - we will get along.

Did not expect this at all. We'll see what happens.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said , I am hopeful he is successful, but my expectations are the opposite. I will be on a short-leash with both of them - First big slip up and the flood-gates will open. But I will be good.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he can stay out of trouble for a week in the Bahamas then a corner has been turned (semi only kidding).

Reality is, he has to know this second opportunity with the Heat was more given then earned.

Bottom line is that somewhere inside of Beasleys body lies some tremendous basketball ability that can make this roster better.
If there wasn't, he wouldn't be here.

We can only hope that people like Riley, Spo, U.D., Wade, Zo , James ,Allen, Juwan, and all of the other professional minded people in the Heat organization rub off on him.
He is still young enough to have a productive NBA career.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality is, he has to know this second opportunity with the Heat was more given then earned.

As Ira said, with the Heat and really as a whole - This is about Beasley's 4th or 5th chance .... Second chance was much longer ago.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Ira said, with the Heat and really as a whole - This is about Beasley's 4th or 5th chance .... Second chance was much longer ago.

Not with the Heat.
And who really cares?
If he makes this team better now and in the future,
then what happened in Minnesota and Phoenix is irrelevant.

Obviously he never burned any bridges with the Heat.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck this year. The Pacers are gonna end the dream. :D

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The above link is the latest ASK Ira , with a few different things discussed - The obssession, of course, is Beasley.

This Q and A is about how he sees him doing so far in camp and what he has been focusing in on within his game... I hope he can make that transition to not being the main guy or one of the main guys in the offense and that he focuses on doing the other little things such as rebounding to make his mark - If he can make himself useful on offense, given what he is capable of offensively, it would be fun to watch.

If he does these things he will surely make the team and be apart of the regular rotation and be on the floor for the most crucial moments of games.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading up on the scrimmage the Heat just held and one person noted: Juwuan Howard has played for multiple teams in the time D.Rose has been out... Pretty funny stuff.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading up on the scrimmage the Heat just held and one person noted: Dwight Howard Howard has played for multiple teams in the time D.Rose has been out... Pretty funny stuff.

FIFY. Funny nonetheless.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading up on the scrimmage the Heat just held and one person noted: Juwuan Howard has played for multiple teams in the time D.Rose has been out... Pretty funny stuff.

I went to it.
Bird, Beasley, and UD didn't play ( and if course Oden).
UD has a knee wrapped in ice.
I'm not sure why the other 2 didn't play.
I'll be interested to see tonight if they do.

As far as the game.
Cole looked fantastic. Mario better bring it this year if he wants to be a starter.
James Jones was hitting shots from everywhere. The guy us the definition of a pure shooter.

As far as the rest, it was to be what you expected to see. The major players often were just deferring to the other guys.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3