• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Training Camp

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will need to make 5 more cuts this coming Tuesday. That will be easy. ;)

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any predictions on the cuts?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure guess just going to go with 5 guys I am pretty sure won't make the team and guess they are one of the 5 having to be cut Tuesday.

1. Adam Prentice FB
2. Pita Taumoepenu LB
3. Curtis Robinson LB
4. Branden Mack WR
5. De'Mornay Pierson-El WR

Maybe a CB. Perhaps Mac McClain or Nate Hairston.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure guess just going to go with 5 guys I am pretty sure won't make the team and guess they are one of the 5 having to be cut Tuesday.

1. Adam Prentice FB
2. Pita Taumoepenu LB
3. Curtis Robinson LB
4. Branden Mack WR
5. De'Mornay Pierson-El WR

Maybe a CB. Perhaps Mac McClain or Nate Hairston.
I don't know what the Broncos are going to do with Prentice, but they have installed plays for a FB and played Prentice extensively in the two pre-season games. The Broncos seem to want him around in the 53 or PS. My guess is it is a little early to cut Curtis Robinson too. I think maybe Parnell Motley and Austin Fort the ones I'd guess instead.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d say a CB for sure. Robinson could make the PS but I think Barrington Wade is better then him. I don’t think we keep a FB on our PS but I could be wrong. Motley has been torched in camp but ill say McClain or Hairston go before him. Hairston maybe as a favor with him being a vet he has a small chance to sign elsewhere but I doubt he will until injuries pile up. Fort and Beyer one will surely go on the PS. Prentice definitely doesn’t make our 53, imo. I lean towards him not even making our PS. I will remove Robinson off my prediction for now but he is an easy cut but could go to the PS. I’ll predict Mac McClain for this wave.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what the Broncos are going to do with Prentice, but they have installed plays for a FB and played Prentice extensively in the two pre-season games. The Broncos seem to want him around in the 53 or PS. My guess is it is a little early to cut Curtis Robinson too. I think maybe Parnell Motley and Austin Fort the ones I'd guess instead.
Perhaps this is what the answer at FB looks like.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- I would guess we are going with Beck in the h-back role. Appears Eric Saubert could be in his way to a roster spot.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teddy had to go for it on 4th down 3 times last night to move the chains. Not impressive at all, even if he was efficient. I still want Lock to start.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signed RB Stevie Scott today. Solid RB from Indiana for 3 seasons. Little similar to Damarea Crockett. Bigger guy. Was released by the Saints a week or so ago. Wouldn't mind seeing he and Crockett on the PS. Two guys I have always liked. Scott will wear #32 which was last worn by Bellamy who will be released off IR once he is healthy.

We waived/injured RB Adrian Killins. Assuming his injury isn't serious he will be release off IR once heatlhy.
Placed C Brett Jones on IR. Not sure if his is season ending or if he will be released once healthy.
Also waived today were

LB Pita Taumoepenu and OG Nolan Laufenberg.

Means we need to release two more players tomorrow.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting if he goes on IR.

He has to be placed on IR after Sept 1st otherwise he would be out for the season. At that point it probably depends on if we think he will be closer to the 6 weeks or 4 weeks I suppose.
NFL rule states the new IR rule on qualifies for players to return if placed on IR after Sept 1. Otherwise I think everyone would stash a bunch of players they intend on cutting on IR to save for later.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to be placed on IR after Sept 1st otherwise he would be out for the season. At that point it probably depends on if we think he will be closer to the 6 weeks or 4 weeks I suppose.
NFL rule states the new IR rule on qualifies for players to return if placed on IR after Sept 1. Otherwise I think everyone would stash a bunch of players they intend on cutting on IR to save for later.
Agreed. I would almost advocate for putting him on IR once final cuts are complete given our depth at CB currently, but as we saw last year that can change quickly.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has had a proud tradition of undrafted free agents making the 53 man roster. Who are the most likely guys to keep the tradition alive.

Andre Mintze seems like the most likely, and I don’t know that it is very likely give how Cooper has played.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver has had a proud tradition of undrafted free agents making the 53 man roster. Who are the most likely guys to keep the tradition alive.

Andre Mintze seems like the most likely, and I don’t know that it is very likely give how Cooper has played.
Wouldn't Trinity Benson count? 3rd training camp, but UDFA in the first place.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't Trinity Benson count? 3rd training camp, but UDFA in the first place.
Kinda I guess? I was thinking more from the 2021 undrafted free agent class.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Barrington Wade... He probably helped himself as much as anyone last game... If he doesn't make the 53 he at least got himself a PS job this weekend. He should be ahead of Curtis Robinson and we probably number wise need to keep another ILB.

Mintze is a possibility but I think he is a slam dunk for the practice squad. His best best was for Jonathan Cooper to struggle and that hasn't happened.