• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2021 Training Camp

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 16:

Drew Lock
: The young incumbent bounced back tremendously after producing a terrible practice on Tuesday. In his first reps during team period, the third-year signal-caller decisively progressed through his reads, completing multiple short passes that were not only accurate but had some velocity to them.

Lock started 7-on-7 by completing at least four passes in a row in a variety of formations. He threw an absolute bullet to TE Albert Okwuegbunam for a 10-yard gain before finding WR Courtland Sutton on a beautiful drag route.

It was very obvious that Lock felt a responsibility to come back from what I would describe as his worst day of practice. When he wasn’t in drills, he was active with teammates and QBs coach Mike Shula on the sideline and was also observed running from drill to drill, attacking practice with a heightened sense of urgency.

In addition to being deadly accurate with his throws, Lock’s internal processor significantly sped up as he harnessed a quicker release. His best throw of the day came towards the end of practice where he threw an absolute dime to TE Noah Fant, who ran a wheel route but dropped the precise throw.

Although Fant shook the mismatched defender, Lock was able to execute a flawless throw that was not his first read and was even on the left sideline. Basically, the QB did everything he could in practice to prove to coaches that Tuesday was just a bad day at the office and not a sign of things to come this season.

Samiwindr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's encouraging. I want him to be the answer. I haven't bought a Bronco QB jersey in so long...

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was referring to why the NFL makes each team name 7 inactives off the 53 man active roster on game days.
The Broncos inactive don't have to be injured but if they are injured they go on the list. If you have a healthy team you will have 8 healthy in active players, which I think is stupid.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 16:

Drew Lock
: The young incumbent bounced back tremendously after producing a terrible practice on Tuesday. In his first reps during team period, the third-year signal-caller decisively progressed through his reads, completing multiple short passes that were not only accurate but had some velocity to them.

Lock started 7-on-7 by completing at least four passes in a row in a variety of formations. He threw an absolute bullet to TE Albert Okwuegbunam for a 10-yard gain before finding WR Courtland Sutton on a beautiful drag route.

It was very obvious that Lock felt a responsibility to come back from what I would describe as his worst day of practice. When he wasn’t in drills, he was active with teammates and QBs coach Mike Shula on the sideline and was also observed running from drill to drill, attacking practice with a heightened sense of urgency.

In addition to being deadly accurate with his throws, Lock’s internal processor significantly sped up as he harnessed a quicker release. His best throw of the day came towards the end of practice where he threw an absolute dime to TE Noah Fant, who ran a wheel route but dropped the precise throw.

Although Fant shook the mismatched defender, Lock was able to execute a flawless throw that was not his first read and was even on the left sideline. Basically, the QB did everything he could in practice to prove to coaches that Tuesday was just a bad day at the office and not a sign of things to come this season.
That looks like the same camp quote every day.

I think they are both the same. Normally I would go with Bridgewater But I haven't seen enough of Lock to see how much he has improved. The coaches have and I imagine will make final decision after Seacrow game.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 16:

Drew Lock

brandon stokley said the QBs were terrible both today and yesterday. both holding the ball way too long on 7 on 7. stoke did call saturday’s performance tremendous

who knows i guess it’s what you want to look
at.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
brandon stokley said the QBs were terrible both today and yesterday. both holding the ball way too long on 7 on 7. stoke did call saturday’s performance tremendous

who knows i guess it’s what you want to look
at.
Who you like at QB is about who best fits your vision. I think either QB could put us in position to make the playoffs and that is a great feeling.

I am very much an optimistic person, so take that with a grain of salt.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is a new Drew . makes me think Elway really mishandled Drew last year by not having at least a vet QB as the #2. Driskell was a terrible choice. Drew needed this competition

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has to be Drew to start the season. Even it its remotely close, you go with the potential. The only way Teddy starts game 1, is if Drew falls all over the place which after watching the Vikings game, that did not happen. Drew has had some bad practices but IMO.....Drew has the lead 60-40.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seattle game will actually be key for Drew provide Teddy plays at least fairly well with the 1's. Drew will be with the 2's and will need to show he can lead even that group.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it has to be Drew to start the season. Even it its remotely close, you go with the potential. The only way Teddy starts game 1, is if Drew falls all over the place which after watching the Vikings game, that did not happen. Drew has had some bad practices but IMO.....Drew has the lead 60-40.
Welcome Coloradobuff - We are Shoulder to Shoulder with the Black and Gold

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Seattle game will actually be key for Drew provide Teddy plays at least fairly well with the 1's. Drew will be with the 2's and will need to show he can lead even that group.

I have to wonder who our 2's will be and who their 2's will be. Our backup O-Line scares me a bit so I'm hoping they can mesh well enough to pass pro and run block successfully. I think we are deep enough at the skill positions that Lock will have guys he can target and rely on. I'm also interested in seeing what TB can do with some starters in the game. I don't think I've gotten a chance to view him fairly. Should be a fun watch though.

Speardog_Atlas

Orange Crush
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They went with potential last year. The Coaches need to start the best QB for Denver to win at NY Giants.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not 100% on this but I think Teddy had thrown more INTs, fewer TDs and for less yards in camp then Drew. I herd that some where, maybe Albright.

They went with potential last year. The Coaches need to start the best QB for Denver to win at NY Giants.
How do you call a better QB to beat the Giants? Short high percentage throws for a high completion percentage? Yards? Potential for a big play?

Depending on how you define the better QB could lead you to a different answer.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos inactive don't have to be injured but if they are injured they go on the list. If you have a healthy team you will have 8 healthy in active players, which I think is stupid.

Right. I understand they aren’t always “unhealthy” but that’s why they have the rule. If the Browns have more injured players then the Broncos neither is at a disadvantage with less active players because both teams have to sit 7 out. Healthy or unhealthy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect Drew Lock to be named starter after the Seahawks game. He pretty well has it right now. The question will be how short his leash will be.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect Drew Lock to be named starter after the Seahawks game. He pretty well has it right now. The question will be how short his leash will be.
based on the competition in the first 3
games 2-1 is the floor for Lock and fangio

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
based on the competition in the first 3
games 2-1 is the floor for Lock and fangio
I would say they need to be 3-1 at the end of 4 games. The first 3 should be winnable. The Ravens game will be a challenge.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we get the Jets early. They will probably be decent by end of year. Zach Wilson and two potential future pro bowlers at OT combined with a pretty good DL. They could have some good things on the way upon them.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we get the Jets early. They will probably be decent by end of year. Zach Wilson and two potential future pro bowlers at OT combined with a pretty good DL. They could have some good things on the way upon them.
Jets did lose Carl Lawson for the season yesterday.