• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Training Camp Thread

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who comes off the bench this year to fill Miller's role as the sharp shooter playing sf?

Rashard or James Jones?

Personally I think James Jones is a better shooter but Rashard is probably the better all around player. I liked what I saw from Rashard at the beginning of the year and the stretch he got to play at the end of the year when he was given 20 + mins to showcase himself.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashard and James Jones are the top two candidates to try and fill that role - But, who actually wins that role will play out as the season goes... Don't think there is a definitive answer just yet. I personally think they will share the role more times than not.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rejoice - Magic Johnson leaving the ABC crew to be more hands on with baseball - Great player but a clown as a commentator.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashard and James Jones are the top two candidates to try and fill that role - But, who actually wins that role will play out as the season goes... Don't think there is a definitive answer just yet. I personally think they will share the role more times than not.

Do you think Mason Jr. makes the team?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who comes off the bench this year to fill Miller's role as the sharp shooter playing sf?

Rashard or James Jones?

Personally I think James Jones is a better shooter but Rashard is probably the better all around player.

Spot on.

I liked what I saw from Rashard at the beginning of the year and the stretch he got to play at the end of the year when he was given 20 + mins to showcase himself.

There should be plenty of opportunities for both of them during the regular season and then Spoelstra will tighten it down for the playoffs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There should be plenty of opportunities for both of them during the regular season and then Spoelstra will tighten it down for the playoffs.

I agree, during the regular season Spo will do his exploring and play both, and maybe favor one over the other at times based on matchups - And maybe when the playoffs come around one may have a bigger edge for the rotation.

As for Roger Mason Jr making the team, I think he does - What his role will be, if even a significant one? That is a different story. I would like to have him on the team and see what he can do for us.

Also worth noting, and also have to thank the many clowns we have that make up our fan base not just for the Heat and S.Fla as a whole. Some guy on twitter ask Ira if he thinks it is possible that Beasley goes down as the best pick up ever... I haven't stopped laughing and may not for a while. He hasnt even made the team yet.

Reading up Ira tweets on him and it seems that he is trying hard often but also trying too hard at times which can be costly.

Ira responded to the clown suggesting that Beas would go down as the best pick up ever by saying he would probably be the first guy to tweet Ira in January about Beasley not getting enough minutes.

Which begs the question for me, how long will it take the fan base to start ranting about Beas not getting enough minutes? I am sure it will happen within the first couple of games.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AllaboutdatU, you have always seemed to be the go-to- guy for all things Canes - Question, do you know if the Canes will play FIU in ANY sport in the near future ( next year or so) I am attending FIU but watching them in sports is not very fun, though I have no real attachment to their teams regardless if I go to school there... Would love it if the Canes played them in some sport so I can go to a game

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AllaboutdatU, you have always seemed to be the go-to- guy for all things Canes - Question, do you know if the Canes will play FIU in ANY sport in the near future ( next year or so) I am attending FIU but watching them in sports is not very fun, though I have no real attachment to their teams regardless if I go to school there... Would love it if the Canes played them in some sport so I can go to a game

I'm in the same boat, I attended UCF for my undergrad and currently attend Nova via the online method for grad school. As far as I know there are no ongoing talks between both schools at this present moment. Keep in mind that Pete Garcia (FIU's Athletic Director) is about the worse AD a school can ask for. Who gets rid of Mario Cristobal when he took that team from college football purgatory and made them a bowl eligible team. I hope he's happy with Ron Turner.

Also, with the expansion of super conferences of a 9-game in-conference schedule I doubt UM will schedule FIU as I think they're preferring FAU at the moment.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to keep staying off topic here but I wouldn't blame Pete or Turner for the teams current state - They simply have some very undisciplined, cocky, immature players - These guys are always in trouble off the field and just cant get right. I knew a few myself and they are pretty good kids - the saddest part is the most talented players on the team are the ones that behave the baddest. They lack leadership within the team.

I guess I will just have to go to a UM game soon... Cant take watching these other clowns anymore.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Ethan SKolnick he said he's hearing that Roger Mason already made the team

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that bks - which brings me to two questions I was going to ask - Give your predictions as to who will make the final 15-man roster, who starts - Also, give your predictions as to what our season record will be? I will hold off on giving my prediction on that front until I have seen what everyone else says since I always get trashed for having "unrealistic expectations" for this team... Just a heads up, I still have big expectations, if not bigger for this team... My season prediction will reflect that

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saw that bks - which brings me to two questions I was going to ask - Give your predictions as to who will make the final 15-man roster, who starts - Also, give your predictions as to what our season record will be? I will hold off on giving my prediction on that front until I have seen what everyone else says since I always get trashed for having "unrealistic expectations" for this team... Just a heads up, I still have big expectations, if not bigger for this team... My season prediction will reflect that

For the roster it will be

James, Wade, Bosh, UD, Bosh, Cole, Chalmers, Bird, Battier, Jones, Joel, Ray, Mason, Beasley, and Oden.

As for our wins I'll say between 58-62 wins

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, during the regular season Spo will do his exploring and play both, and maybe favor one over the other at times based on matchups - And maybe when the playoffs come around one may have a bigger edge for the rotation.

As for Roger Mason Jr making the team, I think he does - What his role will be, if even a significant one? That is a different story. I would like to have him on the team and see what he can do for us.

Also worth noting, and also have to thank the many clowns we have that make up our fan base not just for the Heat and S.Fla as a whole. Some guy on twitter ask Ira if he thinks it is possible that Beasley goes down as the best pick up ever... I haven't stopped laughing and may not for a while. He hasnt even made the team yet.

Reading up Ira tweets on him and it seems that he is trying hard often but also trying too hard at times which can be costly.

Ira responded to the clown suggesting that Beas would go down as the best pick up ever by saying he would probably be the first guy to tweet Ira in January about Beasley not getting enough minutes.

Which begs the question for me, how long will it take the fan base to start ranting about Beas not getting enough minutes? I am sure it will happen within the first couple of games.

That won't happen this go round.
Totally different circumstances.

Last time we were coming off of a 15 win season.
At that time, we were thinking he and Wade were our Big 2.

Now, he is just probably a role player on a team that appears to be as deep as has been seen in the NBA for a long time.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the roster it will be

James, Wade, Bosh, UD, Bosh, Cole, Chalmers, Bird, Battier, Jones, Joel, Ray, Mason, Beasley, and Oden.

As for our wins I'll say between 58-62 wins

I can't see Lewis not making the final 15. It also sucks for Varnado because he is NBA talent.
What problems the Heat have!

If Lewis stays, I suppose Mason goes? Is there really any other choice?

As far as wins. It will be around 60. What other top teams are doing in both conferences will probably dictate more or less the number of wins/how much effort is put forth to secure the #1 seed.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Lewis not making the final 15. It also sucks for Varnado because he is NBA talent.
What problems the Heat have!

If Lewis stays, I suppose Mason goes? Is there really any other choice?

As far as wins. It will be around 60. What other top teams are doing in both conferences will probably dictate more or less the number of wins/how much effort is put forth to secure the #1 seed.

Oh damn, I almost forgot about Lewis. I don't see Varnado making this team this season. Other seasons yes, but not this one. I haven't had a chance to watch any preseason games, but I heard Mason's been killing it so far. I wonder if Joel will not be bought out to allow Rashard to be on the team. So many questions.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I totally forgot about Lewis but if they want Mason to make the team, I'm guessing maybe James Jones get released?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I totally forgot about Lewis but if they want Mason to make the team, I'm guessing maybe James Jones get released?

I would assume so as well given Rashard's ceiling is higher than that of Jones. But who knows at this point? With the recent announcement of Oden's knees swelling after practice, it looks like Joel may be kept around as a precaution.