• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2023

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports saying that Lance, TDP, and Aiyuk all had nice days. One tweet had Warner able to cover a slimmed-down Deebo all the way down the field. Hufanga made a play or 2 as well.

Dean_Youngblood

Pumped Up Kicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Grant when he sticks to the pure analytics... off-season Grant with his Twitter click-bait I can do without. For the umteenth year in a row, the team has questions at QB, lol. Hoping that Purdy picks up where he left off, in all honesty. While I'd love it if Lance shows he's capable of hitting his proposed ceiling, under Purdy the offense looked closer to the late-season 2017 niners than any time since then. It's (almost) football season people!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I like Grant when he sticks to the pure analytics... off-season Grant with his Twitter click-bait I can do without. For the umteenth year in a row, the team has questions at QB, lol. Hoping that Purdy picks up where he left off, in all honesty. While I'd love it if Lance shows he's capable of hitting his proposed ceiling, under Purdy the offense looked closer to the late-season 2017 niners than any time since then. It's (almost) football season people!!
The good news is "questions at QB" allow more big ticket signings elsewhere. This is one of the reasons the 49ers can retain so many top players, and the TEAM is solid. Granted, this situation changes a lot next season when the 49ers cap situation will require TOUGH decisions.

Yes, the bad news is Lance won't get the amount of reps he really needs. We could end up losing a lot on Lance but so be it, we have to win NOW and worry about Lance second.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the pads coming on, McKivitz has looked ok at RT so far. That's a huge plus imo. If he can hold up at RT, the OLine is in very good shape.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i expect it to come down to the niners and eagles again in the nfc.
I would think too, yes i'm biased but the main reason is.......no VERY good QB that can carry his team past the 49ers or Eagles. Thats what would need to happen since both the 49er and Eagle TEAMS are talented.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
"There isn’t a more significant development for Lance than improving on his short and intermediate throws. His increased efficiency in the intermediate areas (10-19 yards beyond the line of scrimmage) is a great sign for his growth in an offense that can feast in that part of the field. Now he has to see a similar jump on shorter throws, where he continues to struggle. If he can start hitting short throws with touch and accuracy it’s going to be really difficult for the club to justify keeping the former No. 3 overall pick off the field."

Good to read his throwing mechanics are sticking, i would think major changes are HARD to do?

Next, good to read he's throwing well mid-range, yes a great sign.

I would be fine if his mechanics become 'permanent' because its improving his accuracy. We keep reading his short passes need work, but thats ok to this point. His mechanics take precedent so lets see how it holds up in scrimmages and Pre-season games?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 QBs aren't really separating from each other. In terms of Lance and Purdy, it looks like Purdy can hit all the layups, the short throws with great anticipation and we saw all last season that he can hit the intermediate throws well too. Lance, OTOH, has a better intermediate and deep throw, but he still struggles in the short throws.

Some guys having a good TC so far:
B. Aiyuk
TDP
S. Womack
T. Chartlon

C. McKivitz and D.Jackson have been up and down.

2 Guy having a poor camp so far:
B.Allen - isn't getting much in the way of reps
S.Darnold - can't separate himself in the QB competition where Purdy and Lance are the clear 1 and 2 options
C.Ferrell - has been thoroughly outplayed by Charlton.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e?do 49er fans think that trey lance will end up being traded?or just sulk another year on the pine?

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The late round pickup, Willis, has played surprisingly well at backup TE. He's had a better TC than Latu, Dwelley, or Woerner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The 2 QBs aren't really separating from each other. In terms of Lance and Purdy, it looks like Purdy can hit all the layups, the short throws with great anticipation and we saw all last season that he can hit the intermediate throws well too. Lance, OTOH, has a better intermediate and deep throw, but he still struggles in the short throws.

Some guys having a good TC so far:
B. Aiyuk
TDP
S. Womack
T. Chartlon

C. McKivitz and D.Jackson have been up and down.

2 Guy having a poor camp so far:
B.Allen - isn't getting much in the way of reps
S.Darnold - can't separate himself in the QB competition where Purdy and Lance are the clear 1 and 2 options
C.Ferrell - has been thoroughly outplayed by Charlton.
I felt from the day they signed him, Darnold wasn't a good move. I felt they should've signed someone like Brandon Allen and add a rookie QB. So now they either cut Allen or trade Darnold, they aren't going to trade Lance.

Niner Outlaw

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt from the day they signed him, Darnold wasn't a good move. I felt they should've signed someone like Brandon Allen and add a rookie QB. So now they either cut Allen or trade Darnold, they aren't going to trade Lance.
Yea, no way we trade Lance. At least not until after the season. I could see it happening if Purdy is healthy and effective all season, but certainly not now.

Looking like Darnold will either get traded or cut. He's here b/c Kyle was high on him when he was drafted. Sure looks like a mistake.

I'm surprised the Edge T.Charlton has outplayed C.Ferrell so thoroughly. Charlton showed more in his first few days than Ferrell has the whole time.

From the camp reports, the OLine depth looks shaky.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, no way we trade Lance. At least not until after the season. I could see it happening if Purdy is healthy and effective all season, but certainly not now.

Looking like Darnold will either get traded or cut. He's here b/c Kyle was high on him when he was drafted. Sure looks like a mistake.

I'm surprised the Edge T.Charlton has outplayed C.Ferrell so thoroughly. Charlton showed more in his first few days than Ferrell has the whole time.

From the camp reports, the OLine depth looks shaky.
I agree with O-line depth and at OT in particular. It seems like we don't have a decent swing tackle?

I watch a lot of Youtube and Krueg feels DE is our weak point, don't agree.