• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears 2023 Preseason Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose we can say that there's still some time remaining in the offseason and our first preseason game isn't until this Saturday, so perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit with this thread. Meh, who cares. I thought it nice tho to start with the Bears Family Fest, which drew an impressive 15k+ fans:

Bear down baby!!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose we can say that there's still some time remaining in the offseason and our first preseason game isn't until this Saturday, so perhaps I'm jumping the gun a bit with this thread. Meh, who cares. I thought it nice tho to start with the Bears Family Fest, which drew an impressive 15k+ fans:
Fairly jazzed that 15k fans showed up at the Bears first practice at Soldier Field. Then I read where the Eagles drew 50k at theirs.

Things that make you go hmmmm.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairly jazzed that 15k fans showed up at the Bears first practice at Soldier Field. Then I read where the Eagles drew 50k at theirs.

Things that make you go hmmm

Well for one...the Bears cap attendance for their fan fest.

And two...Lollapalooza was happening just a couple blocks away.

Bears fans have never went crazy for fan night.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well for one...the Bears cap attendance for their fan fest.

And two...Lollapalooza was happening just a couple blocks away.

Bears fans have never went crazy for fan night.
I remember reading that there were other factors, such as Lollapalooza and its snarling traffic, which could have impacted the attendance count. But 50k at the Eagles practice.......that's some rabid fanship.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember reading that there were other factors, such as Lollapalooza and its snarling traffic, which could have impacted the attendance count. But 50k at the Eagles practice.......that's some rabid fanship.

Eagles had a live concert at their fan fest featuring Fall Out Boy.

GUESTS:

• A musical performance from hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd.
  • Headlining the show – Fall Out Boy.
  • Former Sixer Lou Williams.
  • Former Flyer Scott Hartnell.
  • SB MVP Nick Foles!!
ACTIVITIES:

• A moderated Q&A session with celebrities on site.
  • FanDuel’s Superstar Showdown – celebrities will compete in various sports challenges. Guests can watch and predict who will win through FanDuel’s Free-2-Play game to win prizes.
  • Pop-up FanDuel Sports Bar and Lounge.
  • A 2,500 square foot beach.
  • Mobile escape rooms.
  • Exotic sports cars and a helicopter.
  • Brand activations.
  • Trophy Photo-ops.
  • And so much more.

And tickets are free.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles had a live concert at their fan fest featuring Fall Out Boy.

GUESTS:

• A musical performance from hip-hop duo Rae Sremmurd.
  • Headlining the show – Fall Out Boy.
  • Former Sixer Lou Williams.
  • Former Flyer Scott Hartnell.
  • SB MVP Nick Foles!!
ACTIVITIES:

• A moderated Q&A session with celebrities on site.
  • FanDuel’s Superstar Showdown – celebrities will compete in various sports challenges. Guests can watch and predict who will win through FanDuel’s Free-2-Play game to win prizes.
  • Pop-up FanDuel Sports Bar and Lounge.
  • A 2,500 square foot beach.
  • Mobile escape rooms.
  • Exotic sports cars and a helicopter.
  • Brand activations.
  • Trophy Photo-ops.
  • And so much more.

And tickets are free.
Bears should have set up a wet T-Shirt contest or a mud wrestle after practice to generate more interest.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears should have set up a wet T-Shirt contest or a mud wrestle after practice to generate more interest.

I would of been there for that......

But seriously tho,the Eagles were just in the SB and had a helluva draft,they got it goinng on right now while we hope to just see some type of improvement......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 70,000 attended the Green Bay Packers family night, but I attribute that to two things. 1. There is absolutely nothing else to do in Green Bay and 2. There was a big interest in seeing what a non-hall of fame starting QB looks like in Green and Gold.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the first officially unofficial depth chart heading into Saturday's game:

Click on the pic itself and it will blow up the chart to make it more legible. No real surprises here.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fields playing anything beyond a series or two max would be insane, and even then it should involve no more than handing off the ball or quick slant-in types of passes right after the snap. A defender shouldn't even come close to touching him.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was encouraging to see the defense step up.
4 takeaways and 8 sacks.
In one preseason game they already surpassed their 2022 preseason stats. (2 takeaways and 7 sacks total in 3 games)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was encouraging to see the defense step up.
4 takeaways and 8 sacks.
In one preseason game they already surpassed their 2022 preseason stats. (2 takeaways and 7 sacks total in 3 games)
Except for that opening drive where the Titans marched down for a TD with virtually no resistance, the D otherwise played well. Gipson performed like a man who did not take kindly to having been placed at the bottom of the depth chart. I also liked what I saw from Terrell Lewis.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda liked what I saw, but Fields only targeted three different receivers. He needs to do more.

Honestly, he threw two screen passes for touch downs to possibly his two best open field players in the preseason. It’s not bad, but I’m not going to act like he’s dicing up defenses with his passing prowess quite yet. It’s about what you can take from the first quarter of a preseason game. I like what I have seen so far. I wasn’t able to make out who was who in the DLine, but it didn’t look like they were getting at the qb much in the first quarter. Maybe I’m wrong.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda liked what I saw, but Fields only targeted three different receivers. He needs to do more.

Honestly, he threw two screen passes for touch downs to possibly his two best open field players in the preseason. It’s not bad, but I’m not going to act like he’s dicing up defenses with his passing prowess quite yet. It’s about what you can take from the first quarter of a preseason game. I like what I have seen so far. I wasn’t able to make out who was who in the DLine, but it didn’t look like they were getting at the qb much in the first quarter. Maybe I’m wrong.

‘this is the correct evaluation. Nothing too impressive with Fields With very limited action.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey, if Fields ends up as check down Charlie because 2/3rds of the time they go for TD's... I'm fine with it.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, he threw two screen passes for touch downs to possibly his two best open field players in the preseason. It’s not bad, but I’m not going to act like he’s dicing up defenses with his passing prowess quite yet. It’s about what you can take from the first quarter of a preseason game. I like what I have seen so far. I wasn’t able to make out who was who in the DLine, but it didn’t look like they were getting at the qb much in the first quarter. Maybe I’m wrong
I'm not sure how Fields can target more than three different receivers when he only throws three passes. Perhaps I'm interpreting the first line wrong, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Pickens had a nice sack in the first quarter.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how Fields can target more than three different receivers when he only throws three passes. Perhaps I'm interpreting the first line wrong, but that doesn't make sense to me.

Pickens had a nice sack in the first quarter.
It was meant to be a joke.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short passes is where Fields had really struggled so I like that they set out to work on that. Hard to take much away from what Fields did. One of his 3 passes was off target but the results were great. And if Fields gets that kind of help from the players around him then you gotta be excited about what this offense could do.