• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears 2023 Preseason Thread

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wish prior to the game was for Fields to do nothing but short passes or hand offs so that no defender would lay a hand on him. My wish came true.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A solid breakdown of the Oline from Week 1 preseason. Some very good things. Namely, Wright being a stud.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A solid breakdown of the Oline from Week 1 preseason. Some very good things. Namely, Wright being a stud.
I watched a similar video on YT in which they also concentrated on the performance of the OL. Yes, Wright was indeed a stud, and so was Jones and Jenkins. I was pleasantly surprised at seeing how well Ja'Tyre Carter played. If these guys can stay healthy, we have the makings of a solid line this year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears announced that Fields won't play in Saturday's game against the Colts. I'm fine with this, in fact I want to see more from Walker, Peterman, and Bagent. Walker is our #2, but he played the worst by far against the Titans. So we need to make sure he's up for the #2 spot.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears announced that Fields won't play in Saturday's game against the Colts. I'm fine with this, in fact I want to see more from Walker, Peterman, and Bagent. Walker is our #2, but he played the worst by far against the Titans. So we need to make sure he's up for the #2 spot.
I will respectfully disagree. I would like to see Fields get as many reps in a real-time environment as possible.
Bears won 3 games. They should not be satisfied with anything. Raise the bar. GOAT Tom Brady played every preseason.
As for Walker and the other #2, don't really have an interest in a guy that may play 6 snaps all season getting first-half reps.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respectfully disagree. I would like to see Fields get as many reps in a real-time environment as possible.
Bears won 3 games. They should not be satisfied with anything. Raise the bar. GOAT Tom Brady played every preseason.
As for Walker and the other #2, don't really have an interest in a guy that may play 6 snaps all season getting first-half reps.
From what I've read since the initial announcement is the staff felt Fields got enough game time style of reps in during the team's joint practice with the Colts this week. If this had been the last game, I might have agreed with you and wanted to see him get some action in, but he should see at least a quarter's worth or maybe even the entire 1st half when we conclude our preseason with the Bills. As for not caring about who our #2 is, it might help to remember that Fields missed two games last year and at least one of them was pretty much mandatory that he sat out. We all hope JF will be there for all 17 games, but to be safe I want the best possible alternative if he does miss more games this year.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for not caring about who our #2 is, it might help to remember that Fields missed two games last year
Its a valid point.
But I'll still hold to my comment. Not too many #2's in the league are any good.
And my hope is Walker gets the boot.
He's horrible.
If 3 years and 3 teams hasn't fixed him. He is what he is.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two basis takes on today's game.
1. Poles needs to do the right thing and dump Walker. Not just demote him from the #2 QB spot, but cut his ass altogether. He's worthless.
2. Our 4th & 5th stringers suck.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Poles needs to do the right thing and dump Walker. Not just demote him from the #2 QB spot, but cut his ass altogether. He's worthless.
Bagent is making this Team. What happens to Walker & Peterman, I have no clue.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bagent is making this Team. What happens to Walker & Peterman, I have no clue.
Unless Bagent completely folds like a deck of cards against the Bills this week, the Bears will undoubtedly HAVE to keep him on the 53 man roster. I see this as them having no other choice. There's simply no way this kid going will remain a Bear if Poles tries to get cute and hide him on the practice squad. There are 31 other teams in this league and it will only take one to snatch him up in a NY minute. Now the guy who'll likely suffer from this development is Peterman, being the Bears have a lot more $$$ invested in Walker. This is despite the fact that Peterman has actually been pretty decent himself so far and has without question outperformed Walker, who frankly has played like shit. And from what I've been reading in the rags, Walker hasn't looked much better during practices as well. But he has more real game experience and again the money factor might swing the decision his way.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Bagent completely folds like a deck of cards against the Bills this week, the Bears will undoubtedly HAVE to keep him on the 53 man roster. I see this as them having no other choice. There's simply no way this kid going will remain a Bear if Poles tries to get cute and hide him on the practice squad. There are 31 other teams in this league and it will only take one to snatch him up in a NY minute. Now the guy who'll likely suffer from this development is Peterman, being the Bears have a lot more $$$ invested in Walker. This is despite the fact that Peterman has actually been pretty decent himself so far and has without question outperformed Walker, who frankly has played like shit. And from what I've been reading in the rags, Walker hasn't looked much better during practices as well. But he has more real game experience and again the money factor might swing the decision his way.
Walker has another bad performance, guaranteed millions or not, cut him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker has another bad performance, guaranteed millions or not, cut him.
Hey, from an armchair GM standpoint, I could not agree more - I'd cut his ass yesterday. But who knows how the thinking goes with the Bears brass when it comes to contracts and shit.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys already have in-doubt roster spots figured out after a couple preseason games? Impressive.

I guess it really doesn't matter if we're talking backup QB...If Fields goes down we're pretty much f*cked. And according to an impressive amount of haters out there, we're f*cked anyway.

2 more weeks. My body is ready.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...........

When healthy Jenkins might just be our best OL. But therein lies the dilemma. The man cannot stay heathy. Not sure who will step in as the interim LG, could be Carter, Leatherwood, or Borom. Regardless, this will be a real test as to the quality of depth.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys already have in-doubt roster spots figured out after a couple preseason games? Impressive.

I guess it really doesn't matter if we're talking backup QB...If Fields goes down we're pretty much f*cked. And according to an impressive amount of haters out there, we're f*cked anyway.

Im with ya on that......its preseason......hell this morning on Get Up,they were already praising Jordan Loves performance this last weekend and making the Pack a playoff team this year........(I dont believe that)

And damn right,JF goes down,so will our season,no matter who we have as a backup........so its a moot point.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...........

When healthy Jenkins might just be our best OL. But therein lies the dilemma. The man cannot stay heathy. Not sure who will step in as the interim LG, could be Carter, Leatherwood, or Borom. Regardless, this will be a real test as to the quality of depth.

Bummer....but there will be castoffs from other teams that could be useful if needed.......we will see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hated Walker as our choice as a backup. Our backup QB matters more than other teams. Over the course of Fields career - he's going to miss some games. Most seasons, I imagine, will not be full 17 game seasons. We will likely need our backup to make a spot start or two (minimum) per season. Walker was not good in Carolina. He's been awful and now we're in a position where our choices are Walker, an undrafted rookie from a DII school, or the infamous Nate Peterman.

I wish we would go into the market for a trade, but that won't happen at this point. Maybe if Fields were to actually sustain a serious injury.

I would rather roll the dice with Bagent than Walker, at this point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...........

Just when I was thinking "We're doing a good job with injuries this pre-season".

Damnit.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude…Jenkins is such a mauler but always injured. Lame.