• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Seahawks Training Camp

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is getting scary! you know you are getting old when the offseason only feels like it was a week long lol. Figured I would get a Training camp thread started because I did not see one.

Penny looks awesome and .. dare I say SKINNY! Pete says he looks the best he has ever looked with the team and stayed in the offseason to work out and is lean and mean. Excited to see how this helps him. He was always pretty fast and I would expect him to also be more explosive and quicker. Can't wait to see!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson was bragging about his hands saying they were the best on the team. Made me think of that TD pass he almost dropped when he was wide open Last year. I think he is just trying to get his hands more involved as a true every down back. I like the confidence but I feel Tyler Lockett has the best hands on the team and it's not even close, I think he is throwing his hat into the ring to be more involved in the passing game as the team looks to expand ( I believe ) in that area.

100% happy Carson returned to the Seahawks and hope he has his best season ever and to be honest I wouldn't at all be shocked if he ended the season with around 1,450 rushing yards and 400-500 rec yards if he stays 100% healthy for all 17 games and sees his snap count on passing downs increase. ( 17 games give every player a nice 6.25% boost in stats and touches )

D'Wayne Eskridge and Travis Homer Started training camp on the PUP list. I'm not to worried about this even though the Seahawks have had some horrible luck with their first picks in drafts lately. Just one of those dang toe issues for Eskridge. Boy I miss the players of the 80's ...toe issue was not a thing back then unless it was broken and then the players would think about cutting it off lol.

NFL Players are getting softer every year. Side note I messed up my big toe bad before and I know how hard it is to even move when that big digit is messed up so those players before pretty much 1990 or so were a different breed of men. Also not practicing was center Ethan Pocic, he should be back soon and his injury to his hamstring is minor so he was left off the PUP. He still participates in wall throughs.

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news on Penny. If he and Carson can actually stay relatively healthy they could be the force the team envisioned a couple of years ago.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both Wagner and Dunlap's eyes got HUGE when asked about Taylor by the press. The thing they both pushed was his explosiveness and speed. Dunlap said he has all the skills to be a superstar and is just exploding off the tape and he just wants to help him get his "mentals" right because this guy is a BEAST!

Excited to see what Taylor brings in his "first real" season.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Penny coming out of SDSU and I am very excited by him being fully healthy.

That being said, no matter what Penny does it'll be always considered a bad pick considering we took him over Chubb.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like we might be against the colts backup w1
The Colts are in a really bad spot if they are starting Jacob Eason this year.

I will always root for former UW players, but the only thing Jacob Eason has going for him is his size and his arm. He has a cannon for an arm, but has no mobility, is not a leader (openly moped on the sidelines at UW), relies too much on his arm strength to the point that he will force throws, and IMO was only drafted under the assumption that they can somehow teach him how to play QB.

I hope I'm wrong and Eason has a great NFL career, but he's not an NFL starting QB. I'd honestly start Jake Browning over him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson was bragging about his hands saying they were the best on the team. Made me think of that TD pass he almost dropped when he was wide open Last year. I think he is just trying to get his hands more involved as a true every down back. I like the confidence but I feel Tyler Lockett has the best hands on the team and it's not even close, I think he is throwing his hat into the ring to be more involved in the passing game as the team looks to expand ( I believe ) in that area.

100% happy Carson returned to the Seahawks and hope he has his best season ever and to be honest I wouldn't at all be shocked if he ended the season with around 1,450 rushing yards and 400-500 rec yards if he stays 100% healthy for all 17 games and sees his snap count on passing downs increase. ( 17 games give every player a nice 6.25% boost in stats and touches )

D'Wayne Eskridge and Travis Homer Started training camp on the PUP list. I'm not to worried about this even though the Seahawks have had some horrible luck with their first picks in drafts lately. Just one of those dang toe issues for Eskridge. Boy I miss the players of the 80's ...toe issue was not a thing back then unless it was broken and then the players would think about cutting it off lol.

NFL Players are getting softer every year. Side note I messed up my big toe bad before and I know how hard it is to even move when that big digit is messed up so those players before pretty much 1990 or so were a different breed of men. Also not practicing was center Ethan Pocic, he should be back soon and his injury to his hamstring is minor so he was left off the PUP. He still participates in wall throughs.
Maybe it's because I was not alive in the 80s so didn't get to see how ball was played back then, but these days I really do believe they have a better understanding of sports science and hold these players out that have injuries so that the injuries don't become worse. These days players play longer and it's likely due to the precautions that organizations take. If it was up to Eskridge, he'd probably be out on the field.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I loved Penny coming out of SDSU and I am very excited by him being fully healthy.

That being said, no matter what Penny does it'll be always considered a bad pick considering we took him over Chubb.

Yah, but the Browns OLINE has been pretty damn dominant since Chubb was drafted.

In any event, if Penny can play the way everyone expected him to it could be an amazing season if Carson is healthy.

Here's a question though, let's say Penny does knock it out of the park this season (if Carson goes down), does Seattle resign?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Colts are in a really bad spot if they are starting Jacob Eason this year.

I will always root for former UW players, but the only thing Jacob Eason has going for him is his size and his arm. He has a cannon for an arm, but has no mobility, is not a leader (openly moped on the sidelines at UW), relies too much on his arm strength to the point that he will force throws, and IMO was only drafted under the assumption that they can somehow teach him how to play QB.

I hope I'm wrong and Eason has a great NFL career, but he's not an NFL starting QB. I'd honestly start Jake Browning over him.
Agreed 100%... Could be a game like Ryan Leafs where he threw 5 picks

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be at the Colts game, and super excited for it! Hopefully this covid outbreak dies down by then, because the plane tickets are already bought.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna be at the Colts game, and super excited for it! Hopefully this covid outbreak dies down by then, because the plane tickets are already bought.

Heading to the Midwest, might not be a bad idea to ask your Dr. about the possibility of a booster shot.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on penny breaking before the season even starts

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby Parkinson looks JACKED! He looks over 265 @6 foot 7.

Jacked.jpgjacked2.jpg

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how he looks big next to DK and small next to Stone Forsythe
Yeah but lets not kid ourselves Stone Forsythe is 6 foot 8 and 310 pounds, most people would look small beside him. lol Parkinson is 4 inches taller than DK and like 30+ Pounds heavier. If you look at his pics from Stanford and the pics from this training camp he is much much stronger now.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah, but the Browns OLINE has been pretty damn dominant since Chubb was drafted.

In any event, if Penny can play the way everyone expected him to it could be an amazing season if Carson is healthy.

Here's a question though, let's say Penny does knock it out of the park this season (if Carson goes down), does Seattle resign?
Valid point regarding the Browns offensive line. I'm a stats nerd and love Chubb because of all the tackles he breaks, I feel like he'd still be killing it even behind a mediocre offensive line.

That's actually a really good question. Given Carson's running style, injury history and what I've heard from a client of mine regarding Carson's health, I think it's a given that Penny eventually will start at least a few games this year. That being said, even if Carson goes down for an extended period of time and Penny hits it out of the ballpark, I have to say no for re-signing him (if Penny is looking for a lot of money and/or a multi year deal). Carson is under contract next year, and I personally don't believe committing a ton of money to a HB unless it's a guy who is a complete game changer with a clean bill of health. These days you can find serviceable runningbacks fairly easily.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point regarding the Browns offensive line. I'm a stats nerd and love Chubb because of all the tackles he breaks, I feel like he'd still be killing it even behind a mediocre offensive line.

That's actually a really good question. Given Carson's running style, injury history and what I've heard from a client of mine regarding Carson's health, I think it's a given that Penny eventually will start at least a few games this year. That being said, even if Carson goes down for an extended period of time and Penny hits it out of the ballpark, I have to say no for re-signing him (if Penny is looking for a lot of money and/or a multi year deal). Carson is under contract next year, and I personally don't believe committing a ton of money to a HB unless it's a guy who is a complete game changer with a clean bill of health. These days you can find serviceable runningbacks fairly easily.
I don't think Penny will command that type of contract due to his injury history. I'd say resign him on a friendly contract but if so the FO doesn't have to waste a pick on RB. If another team wants to over pay, then so be it.