• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Stafford a warrior.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams is hurt too.

And he picks away at the best defense in football. (Over the past few seasons, no statistical evidence shall be provided on my part.). He just moves around, waiting for his opening, doesn't matter to who. Even the TD to Jones that didn't count was impressive.

That rookie Ty Montgonery looked like a three year vet out there.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did. Especially for that one particular drive.

Was nice to see Janis get a little FaceTime too. Even if not for a great reason.

I can get momma to almost watch a entire game with me when it's the Pack and he is only on ST's. Baby steps man, baby steps. After 26 years I finally figured out what it takes for her to watch.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can get momma to almost watch a entire game with me when it's the Pack and he is only on ST's. Baby steps man, baby steps. After 26 years I finally figured out what it takes for her to watch.
Hopefully Jeff has a long, healthy career!

For his and your sake.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll sum the game up real quick:

Aaron Rodgers is awesome.

Awesome watching him play against other teams. Annoying as hell watching him play the Lions. Lions didn't need him anyways. We got the beast known as Mike Williams from USC instead. Millen knew he had a star in the making. Williams was above the rules of the NFL and NCAA and got to sit out a year to keep his legs fresh.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy to be the funny guy and roll with the vocal majority, but he's right. Can't blame the OC when our guys simply aren't executing their respective assignments.
You say the scheme doesn't fit them in another thread so wouldn't that be contradicting the point that it's the coordinator's fault? Or do you think Mayhew just drafted mediocre players with these high picks?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say the scheme doesn't fit them in another thread so wouldn't that be contradicting the point that it's the coordinator's fault? Or do you think Mayhew just drafted mediocre players with these high picks?

WTF.... Do you realize you just added topic C to this equation.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome watching him play against other teams. Annoying as hell watching him play the Lions. Lions didn't need him anyways. We got the beast known as Mike Williams from USC instead. Millen knew he had a star in the making. Williams was above the rules of the NFL and NCAA and got to sit out a year to keep his legs fresh.
Without the Hamburglar, where would we be now?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know you're really questioning the man behind the curtain right now, right?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gotta stop inter-changing play-calling and scheme. Two different things.

I think Lombardi's play-calling (which has taken a ton of heat) has been fine, but it's the o-line execution that is killing said plays. I think that's caused by a blocking scheme that is a poor fit for our personnel. We have a power-blocking group of linemen who are being forced to run a stretch scheme.

Here's where I'm at to avoid any future confusion:

Lombardi's play calling- I'm good with it so far this season
Lombardi's blocking scheme- I don't think it fits our personnel
Cornelius Lucas- Really bad at RT so far this season

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Driving past his museum today. Well at least the exit for the big town of Wamego. Nowhere near Hoosierville though.
Is it in Kansas?

(For a second there you had me wondering, "who's museum?" Both are deserving, one more than the other.)

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lombardi's play-calling (which has taken a ton of heat) has been fine, but it's the o-line execution that is killing said plays. I think that's caused by a blocking scheme that is a poor fit for our personnel. We have a power-blocking group of linemen who are being forced to run a stretch scheme.

Yep , you know there's problems when Stafford is getting pressure from a three man rush.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep , you know there's problems when Stafford is getting pressure from a three man rush.
Alex Reno has a nice twitter of various plays during the game.. Lucas is trash.. Btw I'm all for Lenovo Laptops!! China and Taiwan seems to be increasing quality in developing hardware recently, granted IBM was a top notch corporation also..

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lombardi's play calling- I'm good with it so far this season

The majority of the play calling I'm fine with. The part I have an issue with is turning Calvin Johnson into Brandon Pettigrew (11 catches and 85 yards or whatever it was). I haven't seen the Lions take a shot downfield at all this year (though they may have in the SD game when I missed about a quarter worth of the game). Why pay Calvin a king's ransom and use him like they have?

Teams are going to do the exact same thing we've seen for the last couple years -- drop the safeties deep, keep everything in front of you and wait for the Lions to shoot themselves in the foot. With no TE that can block right now and an OL struggling to open holes -- no team has to respect our running game.

Never thought I would say this, but I sure wish Scott Linehan was back.