• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Patriots Draft Discussions

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Mock Drafts are being released and we as fans are discussing what we think the Patriots will need going forward, let's put all of our 2022 draft ideas and pissing contests in this thread.

Here are some Mock selections:

SBNation

1. New England Patriots- Nakobe Dean, Linebacker, Georgia: Nakobe Dean’s speed and versatility is exactly what the Patriots need on a defense that feels slow and undynamic. Dean would be an excellent defensive chess piece for Belichick.
PFF

PICK NO. 21: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS: WR TREYLON BURKS, ARKANSAS

Burks is built like a taller running back at 6-foot-3, 225 pounds. He dominates after the catch and will surprise defensive backs with his speed with and without the ball in his hands. He’ll likely assume a slot role at the next level, but he’ll still command a lot of attention from the inside. He earned 88.0-plus receiving grades in back-to-back seasons to close out his career at Arkansas.

CBS

Round 1 - Pick 21

George Karlaftis DE
PURDUE • JR • 6'4" / 275 LBS

PROJECTED TEAM

New England

PROSPECT RNK

16th

POSITION RNK

2nd

Matt Judon had a strong Year 1 in New England but Karlaftis would add another dimension to the defensive line. Injuries and the pandemic saw him play limited snaps in '20 but Karlaftis was nearly impossible to stop in '19 when he recorded 17 TFLs and had 7.5 sacks, and in 12 games this past season he logged 10 TFLs, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles.

Sports Illustrated

21. New England Patriots (10-7)

• Nakobe Dean, ILB, Georgia (6-0, 225 pounds)
The Patriots need to replace middle man Dont'a Hightower, who will become a free agent ahead of his age 32 season. Bill Belichick should love a player who can play anywhere and do anything on the second level and also quickly emerge as a leader, what he was for a dominant Bulldogs defense. Dean can flat-out fly and make a lot of plays from sideline-to-sideline wherever he's lined up.

WalterFotball

1. patriotsb_logo.gif
    New England Patriots: Devin Lloyd, LB, Utah
    Utah_logo.gif

Dont'a Hightower and Kyle Van Noy will both be 32 during the 2022 season. Bill Belichick may want a young linebacker.

Devin Lloyd can be used outside or inside in a 3-4 (or at linebacker in the 4-3), as he's an athletic defender who has impressed as both a pass rusher and a coverage linebacker this year.

Pick change; previously Wan'Dale Robinson, WR

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take any of the top five, but Bill won't. Chad Jackson soured him for years and now Harry has left a horrible taste in his mouth. One guyI think will still be around in the third is olave out of Ohio State. BB can't continue down the road that this team is on and not make real changes to keep Mac progressing.

I have a feeling that he'll go defense first. An Edge guy that fits his mental picture but he'll be looking more at speed combined with size. A Judon clone for the left side. Or a pure high motor DE.

In the second, don't be shocked if he stays defense and gets a CB.

He start looking for a WR in the third unless an OT slips down.

Then again, Bill hasn't been the same Bill for the past two years he just might blow us away and trade up for a Burkes or Jameson

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Olave is a top 5 WR. He will be long gone by the 3rd round.
I'll defer to you on this... Your call for us to draft Deebo still haunts me. Why did you get it but the "brain trust" saw Harry as the guy?

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Olave is a top 5 WR. He will be long gone by the 3rd round.
hes ranked 2 here with 15 overall:suds:

Ohio State wide receiver Chris Olave is one of college football’s most refined route-runners. A true route technician, Olave has illustrated high levels of football IQ and is the latest product of an Ohio State Buckeyes program that is churning out high-level prospects under the watch of wide receivers coach Brian Hartline. Olave lacks the physical stature to be a dominant possession receiver in traffic and his worst moments do seem to come when contested or looking to high-point footballs in traffic, but an accurate passer will be able to feed him the football on schedule and allow Olave’s high-end separation skills to shine in the pro game. Olave took advantage of a higher market share of targets in 2020 and was the clear and obvious preferred target of quarterback Justin Fields in the passing game, alongside teammate Garrett Wilson. Those trends continued in 2021 with a young quarterback in C.J. Stroud taking over the offense and Olave has continued to shred opposing defenses on his way to setting the OSU career record for receiving touchdowns. Olave’s route-running and releases will offer him a strong chance to translate to just about any passing system in the league—it will be more so a preference of whether or not Olave plays inside or outside depending on team-by-team preferences for measurables on the perimeter. Expectations for Olave should fall in line with some of the other successful rookies in recent years: an immediate impact player on his new team once he finds out his landing spot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the past couple of drafts, I wonder if teams are scouting or reading all of the mock drafts.

Nothing surprises me, yet alot of picks surprise me. Then again, Bill always catches me off guard.

If all five of the top WR were available at 21, I don't think he'd take one. He's going to take a LB.