• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Matt Stafford a warrior.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TP let us read this again and see how I said Lombardis plan sucked and said you agreed with it sucking. Sorry your connect the dots failed. Jesus loves you.
You just posted your own reply, which does nothing at all to help the point you're trying to make.

If confusion is what you were going for, you nailed it. Otherwise? Sorry, you seem to have missed whatever mark you were aiming for there.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the thread.

1. Thunder asked whose job it is (implying that it's the coach's job) to get the players ready to play.

2. You answered that it's the players job, because they are getting paid to prepare for and execute whatever game-plan is given to them.

3. Gandy is of the belief that Lombardi is not scheming/play-calling to the strength of the players he is coaching, and that he is either too rigid or stubborn to adjust his scheme/play-calls. His point is that you seem to agree with Lombardi that it's up to the players to adjust to and execute his scheme/plays, rather than his responsibility to adjust to the players he has. This is why he stated, "Lombardi has that same mindset you have IMO. Forcing them to adjust to him and not the other way around."

Should be easy to grasp, even if you disagree.

Jayfan you have exceptional reading skills. Me and you might disagree here and there. Those mad skills you possess here, will not be one of them.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I noticed that we had nobody working the underneath, "quick-release" routes on far too many plays.
I've seen the defenses fake the blitz and back off into the underneath stuff while the four linemen get to our qb in a matter of 2 seconds

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I don't even know why I bother? I guess I could go back to the original post in question and explain how what I posted, and conclusion that was then jumped to based on not understanding what was written, do not match up, but those I'm arguing with are the type to make up their minds and then fit the evidence to their conclusions, so what's the point?

:noidea:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just posted your own reply, which does nothing at all to help the point you're trying to make.

If confusion is what you were going for, you nailed it. Otherwise? Sorry, you seem to have missed whatever mark you were aiming for there.[/QUOTE

Okay let's revisit this...
The game plan that you feel they should be able to carry out because they are highly
paid pro's is how I got there. Lombardi has a terrible plan and I see you agree. How can you expect good results from highly paid guys when the plan sucks?
Kevin Coyle's plan sucks right now. Until he changes it, the Suh thread will thrive.

I made the above reply because of this post.

The players. They're very highly paid professionals, they should be able to get themselves prearranged to execute the game plan that they're given each and every week...

Not too sure how you extrapolated that from what I wrote? :scratch::noidea:

Maybe that's what you wanted me to have said, for argument's sake? I don't like Lombardi's blocking scheme one single bit- it clearly isn't working...

How, if see it clearly is not working, why is it there job and how the hell can you expect the plan to be carried with good results? Change the scheme to your players and the results will change.

You can attempt to construe this six different ways. Calm down and breathe and you see it just like Jayfan did.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's job is it to get the players prepared and execute their game plan on Sundays?
They still cant dictate how physical and how well they will execute in a game.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen the defenses fake the blitz and back off into the underneath stuff while the four linemen get to our qb in a matter of 2 seconds

Agree. I stated that Yao. Not the fake blitzes, but the four man rush. The offense truly never clicked. Wheter it be pass pro breakdown. Pass pro was good and nobody gets open. Get the first two and that's when Stafford would make a bad throw. I even seen a few plays that had all 3 go wrong. They will never get a rhythm going going forward if something does not change.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I don't even know why I bother? I guess I could go back to the original post in question and explain how what I posted, and conclusion that was then jumped to based on not understanding what was written, do not match up, but those I'm arguing with are the type to make up their minds and then fit the evidence to their conclusions, so what's the point?

:noidea:

Yes it does suck when people do this doesn't it?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read the thread.

1. Thunder asked whose job it is (implying that it's the coach's job) to get the players ready to play.

2. You answered that it's the players job, because they are getting paid to prepare for and execute whatever game-plan is given to them.

3. Gandy is of the belief that Lombardi is not scheming/play-calling to the strength of the players he is coaching, and that he is either too rigid or stubborn to adjust his scheme/play-calls. His point is that you seem to agree with Lombardi that it's up to the players to adjust to and execute his scheme/plays, rather than his responsibility to adjust to the players he has. This is why he stated, "Lombardi has that same mindset you have IMO. Forcing them to adjust to him and not the other way around."

Should be easy to grasp, even if you disagree.
:doh:

This is what I mean about you guys fitting evidence into your preconceived conclusions.

I said it is the players job to prepare themselves to execute. You guys turning that into me agree with and supporting Lombardi's game plan is your own doing. I'm not to blame for you folks not being able to understand the English language. Maybe if you didn't try so hard to wedge your own opinions and ideals into everyone else's thoughts you could read and assess statements at face value, instead of trying so hard to turn them into what you want them to say.

Your explanation just proves my point- there's nothing in there at all about me supporting Lombardi, just a statement about my feelings that it is incumbent on the players to get themselves up to speed on the game plan and prepared to play. That's a TOTALLY separate thought from whether or not said gameplan is sound.

That should be pretty easy to grasp.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:doh:

This is what I mean about you guys fitting evidence into your preconceived conclusions.

I said it is the players job to prepare themselves to execute. You guys turning that into me agree with and supporting Lombardi's game plan is your own doing. I'm not to blame for you folks not being able to understand the English language. Maybe if you didn't try so hard to wedge your own opinions and ideals into everyone else's thoughts you could read and assess statements at face value, instead of trying so hard to turn them into what you want them to say.

Your explanation just proves my point- there's nothing in there at all about me supporting Lombardi, just a statement about my feelings that it is incumbent on the players to get themselves up to speed on the game plan and prepared to play. That's a TOTALLY separate thought from whether or not said gameplan is sound.

That should be pretty easy to grasp.

Lions 0-2 just own it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda gets old, doesn't it?

This would squarely explain all 3 of us. I'm no angel, but surely you two shit storm bandits are not either.

This is not a basement brother trio I speak of either. It's like bad bad soap opera, Kreton could come back tomorrow and see he never missed a beat.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would squarely explain all 3 of us. I'm no angel, but surely you two shit storm bandits are not either.

This is not a basement brother trio I speak of either. It's like bad bad soap opera, Kreton could come back tomorrow and see he never missed a beat.

It's not my fault I called this dumpster fire the moment Mayhew lost Suh. He was the whole team. The truth hurts.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not my fault I called this dumpster fire the moment Mayhew lost Suh. He was the whole team. The truth hurts.

Fog called it first. No horn blowing here. He never believed Mayhew and knew Suh was gone and predicted it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fog called it first. No horn blowing here. He never believed Mayhew and knew Suh was gone and predicted it.

Well I'm like 3 times Fog's size. My horn blows louder.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for christsakes...

Topic A - whose job is it to make sure the players get themselves prepared to play by mastering the game plan?

Topic B- is the game plan any good?

Who here can see the difference between those to lines of thought?

Again- I very clearly answered on topic A, and you jumped conclusions to include topic B. Reading comprehension is an important skill.